FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your guide to spending Avios [Beta] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1379276-your-guide-spending-avios-beta.html)

mr_rogers Aug 4, 2013 8:08 pm

Are all AAnytime awards on AA bookable with avios?

redshift27 Aug 4, 2013 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan (Post 21214349)
I want to book an award on CX from KHI to HKG. I just booked the same ticket about a month ago online but now when I try it says

"Error

British Airways does not currently fly to this destination, so we are unable to find a price on BA.com. We may be able to quote a price if you contact us for the destination:"

Is this a temporary glitch or has something changed?

Works for me.

redshift27 Aug 4, 2013 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by mr_rogers (Post 21215093)

No, only MileSaaver

nux Aug 5, 2013 2:11 am

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan (Post 21214349)
"Error

British Airways does not currently fly to this destination, so we are unable to find a price on BA.com. We may be able to quote a price if you contact us for the destination:"

Is this a temporary glitch or has something changed?

You may have to call to book.

Originally Posted by mr_rogers (Post 21215093)

No, only MileSAAver. AAnytime awards are for any open seat on any AA flight for double AA miles only.

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 3:15 am

I am looking at redeeming Avios on NCL to CMN. Only way this routing works is NCL-LHR-MAD-CMN

Can't seem to price it up online or even on the How many Avios required page.

Is this a valid routing? How many miles will it be?

I noticed I can transfer Avios over to IB and then redeem via Royal Air Maroc on the non stop LHR-CMN flight but they want some 40k miles one way.

nux Aug 5, 2013 3:27 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21216183)
I am looking at redeeming Avios on NCL to CMN. Only way this routing works is NCL-LHR-MAD-CMN

Can't seem to price it up online or even on the How many Avios required page.

Is this a valid routing? How many miles will it be?

I noticed I can transfer Avios over to IB and then redeem via Royal Air Maroc on the non stop LHR-CMN flight but they want some 40k miles one way.

NCL-LHR-MAD is 7,500 avios (free domestic connection).
MAD-CMN is 4,500 avios.
NCL-LHR-MAD-CMN is 12,000 avios one way.

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 21216210)
NCL-LHR-MAD is 7,500 avios (free domestic connection).
MAD-CMN is 4,500 avios.
NCL-LHR-MAD-CMN is 12,000 avios one way.

Are you sure? If that is the case then can I book this as one flight via Avios.com as their map shows this as a RFS 10k one way zone. But then they too don't show the flight online so will does it have to be done manually by the CC?

nux Aug 5, 2013 3:38 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21216229)
Are you sure? If that is the case then can I book this as one flight via Avios.com as their map shows this as a RFS 10k one way zone. But then they too don't show the flight online so will does it have to be done manually by the CC?

If it was LHR-CMN direct, but as you connect in MAD you are charged per segment as I described.

I would search for availability on each leg individually and if you cannot get it to show up online then call to book.

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 3:50 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 21216246)
If it was LHR-CMN direct, but as you connect in MAD you are charged per segment as I described.

I would search for availability on each leg individually and if you cannot get it to show up online then call to book.

Thanks for the quick replies. ^

Schwann Aug 5, 2013 4:06 am

A quick question. I'm trying to book a redemption flight BLL-MAN-LHR and GLA-LHR-PRG, but BA.com insists a minimum connection time of 120 minutes. The MCI at T5 for instance is 60 minutes IIRC.

Is there any way to get around this? There are options but the connection times are long.

Wozza2404 Aug 5, 2013 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 21216324)
A quick question. I'm trying to book a redemption flight BLL-MAN-LHR and GLA-LHR-PRG, but BA.com insists a minimum connection time of 120 minutes. The MCI at T5 for instance is 60 minutes IIRC.

Is there any way to get around this? There are options but the connection times are long.

The MCT at T5 is indeed 60 minutes, but at this time of year the chances of you or your bags making it in that time are slim.

nux Aug 5, 2013 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 21216324)

PRG departs from T3 iirc so I think it would be a T5-T3 connection which I think is 90min MCT.

Schwann Aug 5, 2013 4:25 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 21216385)
PRG departs from T3 iirc so I think it would be a T5-T3 connection which I think is 90min MCT.

Of course! That would be why. Still trying to figure out the MAN deal then.. although perhaps it's an 'across the board' MCT for the BA website.

JnsV Aug 5, 2013 5:08 am

I have a totally silly question: I'm trying to look for Club Europe availability, but the Book flights with Avios page does not let me select anything else then Economy. I see the drop-down menu, but when I click there, there are no other options. I'm sure that previously I could search for J awards as well. If it matters, it's a household account with relatively few miles in it, but enough for a Band 1 J flight. I've tried multiple browsers, so it does not seem to be the issue.

Wozza2404 Aug 5, 2013 5:39 am

Originally Posted by JnsV (Post 21216502)
I have a totally silly question: I'm trying to look for Club Europe availability, but the Book flights with Avios page does not let me select anything else then Economy. I see the drop-down menu, but when I click there, there are no other options. I'm sure that previously I could search for J awards as well. If it matters, it's a household account with relatively few miles in it, but enough for a Band 1 J flight. I've tried multiple browsers, so it does not seem to be the issue.

Have you tried looking via the availability map?

Click "spending avios"
"explore and check availability"

Then tick the Reward Flight Saver box, the month of travel, and select "Business". Then see what comes up as available.