Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
BA and OW rules ENTITLE me to access any lounge except the CCR regardless of travel class and destination. Period. BA owns BMI. This is not a code share. BMI needs to follow BA and OW rules, and accept their demise.
Exactly.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I did pull a little DYKWIA hissy fit at the Great British Lounge when refused entry
I rest my case ...

Unfortunately much of this situation is down to the configuration of T1 and how BAA/the Border Agency needs the airlines to channel passengers. When BD was in *A, and you were travelling domestically, it was at least possible to go to the Star lounge at the other end of T1 after the layout was changed so every passenger went through the international section first. Once you passed that domestic checkpoint and headed down the corridor, you were doomed. Now, of course, there's not even the Star lounge to fall back on. If the authorities are forcing this position, FF rules don't yet trump national governments!

Looking on the bright side, at least you now have a genuinely BA-owned company flying the route. You'd have been no better off on an Air Lingus codeshare.

Of course, if you really want a miserable experience there's always FR given you could possibly transfer to STN just as quickly as it takes to get from T5 to T1
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
What's wrong (apart from the fact it's forbidden) with going to the nice lounge, then heading to the domestic checkpoint and then straight to the gate once the flight is boarding?

Dave_C, agreed.

Hopefully BA will decide to close The London Room when more of the Bmi domestics move across.

Presume, though, you can get a beer in TLR?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:07 am

I've PM'd Nicci with a link to this thread asking for official comment.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Yes, plenty of cheese, if you like the sort that comes wrapped in plastic.

The lounge is actually quiet and would be perfectly fine with Flounge style nibbles, but I did pull a little DYKWIA hissy fit at the Great British Lounge when refused entry, more to let them know that they were irritating valuable pax than to beat my chest.

BA needs to fix it ASAP.
What about Twiglets? I think a bag of Twiglets is far more important than a glass of NV champagne
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Presume, though, you can get a beer in TLR?
There's beer. London Pride definitely, Stella and Guinness I think
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Nice to see DUB is still domestic despite having a CE cabin and being a different country. BD's quirky spirit still alive and well.
But this was the case when BA flew to Dublin as well a few years ago!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
What's wrong (apart from the fact it's forbidden) with going to the nice lounge, then heading to the domestic checkpoint and then straight to the gate once the flight is boarding?
Exactly. The lounge dragons couldn't decide if I was ineligible for security reasons, (makes NO sense...I was THERE,) or because my Club EUROPE flight was domestic, (huh?)

I'll be expecting my ex-gratia Avios. I spend too much money with BA/OW to feel like a lounge reject.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:20 am

Ironically this could be a case where a GGL/CCR holder would be denied access to a BA lounge. Very silly.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
First world problem. I really cannot get that worked up about someone who is in one lounge, complaining about not getting access to another lounge. If the OP had been completely denied lounge access, he might have had a point. I don't believe BMI are a oneworld member, so oneworld rules do not apply.

And surely he read the rules before he went to ask for admittance and knew that a domestic ticket would not get him access?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:35 am
Suspended

BD lounge is fine stop whinging and get on with your life.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Jenbel
First world problem. I really cannot get that worked up about someone who is in one lounge, complaining about not getting access to another lounge. If the OP had been completely denied lounge access, he might have had a point. I don't believe BMI are a oneworld member, so oneworld rules do not apply.

And surely he read the rules before he went to ask for admittance and knew that a domestic ticket would not get him access?
Last I checked I bought a CE ticket on BA....but as T1 is a bit third world anyway, I can understand how it might be confusing.

Very simple concept here....consistency in product and policy begets loyalty. Lack thereof, not so much.

And in what silly world is DUB domestic?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:37 am

Yes it's a first world problem, but I believe they're BA flights operated by BA now. And they are BA lounges now too.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
The world where RoI and the UK share a common travel zone, meaning we don't need to show passports to move between the two countries.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave_C
I've PM'd Nicci with a link to this thread asking for official comment.
It is already official on BA.com

http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../public/en_gb#

Open the lounge information link and it states that the lounge at gate 5 is not available for Dublin flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.