Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by stifle
No DUB/domestic pax in the erstwhile Great British Lounge and no oneworld-based access to the erstwhile London Room, as I currently understand it.
...so does this mean that someone with no BA/BD status can't get into the London Room with a marco polo gold card? How about amex plat - does it still grant entry?
(if so, sounds like I may have misled a friend... )
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I
The BMI lounge in Dublin is unchanged but downstairs the signage indicates it as the "Servisair Lounge" - previously it was referred to as the bmi lounge on signage in the Airport ... I hope this doesn't mean anything in relation to it getting a proper makeover as a BA lounge, but we'll see I guess.
Isn't there also a Servisair lounge near there? The Anna Livia lounge I think it's called.
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
...so does this mean that someone with no BA/BD status can't get into the London Room with a marco polo gold card? How about amex plat - does it still grant entry?
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...1/public/en_gb says no CX or other oneworld privileges at the London Room. No mention of Amex Platinum, although someone with such a card could use the associated priority pass at the Servisair lounge.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
No mention of Amex Platinum, although someone with such a card could use the associated priority pass at the Servisair lounge.
Thats a fair point as a last resort. Might try a trial run with the amex plat for LR access myself...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Problem is you can't go back to the Servisair lounge if rejected at London Room!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Great - I was counting on one Gold, one Silver and one PlAAt being able to guest 6 of us in there when we go on our jolly next week. Sigh...I smell an argument.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are not missing much.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I suppose not but it would have been nice to have a free beer!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Thats a fair point as a last resort. Might try a trial run with the amex plat for LR access myself...
You can't. I remember reading a sheet at the desk in the London Room which was explaining to the staff the lounge access rules. Amex Plat is only valid when travelling on BD coded flights and there's no BD coded domestics any more.

The page on the BA website also seems to be out of date as it refers to "domestic bmi flights within the UK and to Dublin", which of course no longer exist as they're all BA coded. When the flights were BD coded then it made sense that OW would be denied access, but now it doesn't make sense at all, particularly considering how quiet the London Room is.

That said I've heard from others that OW members aren't allowed in the London Room, so it's possible the rules haven't been updated. Whether that's deliberate or an oversight is another matter.

Might be worth sending a PM to Nicci ("BA Executive Club" or "DiamondClubQueries") to see if she knows what the current rules are.

I'm sure at the end of the month when bmi ceases to operate the lounges will officially become BA operated and oneworld rules will apply in the London Room.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Isn't there also a Servisair lounge near there? The Anna Livia lounge I think it's called.
Nope .. the Anna Livia is run by the DAA (Dublin Airport Authority) .. I believe the BMI lounge in Dublin is actually run by Servisair since BMI outsourced all ground staff to Servisair a few years back, but it's always been branded and run as a BMI operation, not a Servisair one .. I'd have hoped this wouldn't change and the lounge would turn into a BA Galleries one ..
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Greetings from the Servisair/bmi/BA lounge in DUB.

I must say, I did not think it possible, but the lounge has gone down in quality since the merger, or perhaps the rebranding as a Servisair lounge: the crisps are gone! Now it is just biscuits, crackers and dubious olives!

The lounge is very busy, mostly, it seems with J pax. A good sign for BA but also a good motivation to have a decent lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!

At last, boarding pass available via BA app for LHR-DUB! (mini celebratory jig performed - check)
Was probably the only thing where the DUB-LHR leg outperformed until now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.