Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Just to manage my expectations, as an AA Platinum (One World Sapphire) flying BA in Y from JFK-LHR, and connecting same-day to BA 8xxx to DUB from T1, do I have zero lounge access in T1? Would be nice to get a shower after the redeye...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That is unfortunately correct.

For what it's worth, the lounge you would get if you in fact had access doesn't have any showers.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:36 pm

Terrible thing - when you get your 1410 confused with your 8108...

Palmer
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Palmer
Terrible thing - when you get your 1410 confused with your 8108...

Palmer
Or Manchester with Dublin? (hope you were able to get sorted from what I'm guessing at)
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
RANT: BA Experience at T1 to DUB-Shabby!!!

Agh - the Green Mile on departure! Only realise when wondering why no boarding announcement 15 mins before departure... At least it just said "go to gate" when I noticed. If this is a regular feature I may be tempted back to EI after BAEC requalification

Had been waiting for 3rd odd lounge announcement after "there will likely be a short delay to the Belfast departure due to there being no crew" and "we apologise for the delay to the Edinburgh flight. This is due to a broken down catering truck that was (pause) doing something to the aircraft"
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Or Manchester with Dublin? (hope you were able to get sorted from what I'm guessing at)
Not really - fat fingered me (actually, I wasn't paying attention) is still travelling to MAN from T1 instead of T5.

I wonder if someone guesting me into the International Lounge would circumvent those particular access rules?

Palmer
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I got a non-reply to a CS email about international lounge access saying they'd passed my comment to the lounge team.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Update

Just an update on outcome...

Wound up with 10,000 Avois for my "inconvenience," with absolutely no reference at all to the actual access policy, and no acknowledgement that my flight was actually BA, not EI. Really one of my strangest CS encounters....four or five exchanges, and never once did they actually address any points I made...just, "here's 10,000 Avios, now go away."

Fine by me...free band 1 CE reward saver. Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Had been waiting for 3rd odd lounge announcement after "there will likely be a short delay to the Belfast departure due to there being no crew" and "we apologise for the delay to the Edinburgh flight. This is due to a broken down catering truck that was (pause) doing something to the aircraft"
Excellent announcements - delighted to hear that having no crew appears to be only a minor inconvenience
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
Wound up with 10,000 Avois for my "inconvenience,"
I once got 20000 avios for my 'inconvenience' after submitting a well done for the way the crew handled a delay of about an hour or so. It was all positive about the actions of the crew making sure water and orange were passed round the cabin before take off and talking to those with tight connections about their options once in the air.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:02 am

Just following up on this - do we have any official word from BA on the access policy now?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No DUB/domestic pax in the erstwhile Great British Lounge and no oneworld-based access to the erstwhile London Room, as I currently understand it.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Just following up on this - do we have any official word from BA on the access policy now?
My booking for DUB in a few months time is showing the Great British Lounge in the lounge section of MMB, while my booking for LBA lists The London Room. Note that the lounge section of MMB wasn't available for these flights when I looked a few weeks ago. So it's possible they were readded after deciding on lounge policy or they may still be inaccurate.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by layz
My booking for DUB in a few months time is showing the Great British Lounge in the lounge section of MMB, while my booking for LBA lists The London Room. Note that the lounge section of MMB wasn't available for these flights when I looked a few weeks ago. So it's possible they were readded after deciding on lounge policy or they may still be inaccurate.
My F trip to HND is showing Galleries Club South and T5B, so I'm going for "inaccurate".
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I flew DUB-LHR on Monday and OLCI and Mobile Boarding passes worked fine which is a big improvement on last time.

The BMI lounge in Dublin is unchanged but downstairs the signage indicates it as the "Servisair Lounge" - previously it was referred to as the bmi lounge on signage in the Airport ... I hope this doesn't mean anything in relation to it getting a proper makeover as a BA lounge, but we'll see I guess.

The flight left the gate nearly 15 mins early which was certainly nice - but isn't too hard when they're still running the bizarre BMI timetable with 2+ hour turnarounds in Dublin

Landing Cards for non EU nationals are handed out on the flight - this is confusing and unnecessary for non EU visitors as there is no passport check on arrival from Republic of Ireland flights.

No Flight Connections bus offered on arrival

I didn't check baggage so no idea if baggage delivery had problems

( My previous complaint to BA about slow baggage delivery did eventually yield a response and a few Avios - I can only hope it has improved! )

Overall seems to be improving anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.