Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What happens when a journalist gets poor service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when a journalist gets poor service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by by Kate's Answer in her blog
Think I'll let the posters on that thread get on with making ill-informed snipes at me by themselves.
Ironic that a journalist complaining about the fact that BA didn't immediately respond to her rant on Twitter then fails to engage at all with this thread.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
her rant on Twitter
Is that twant?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have shed a tear. Just the one. Sorry you missed the footie, Dear.

Perhaps it's an age thing, but I tend not to do business with major Companies via Twitter. That may be my fault of course … I shall review my position.

The complexities of civil aviation, the weather imposed by [select Supreme Being of choice] and the different offerings by various airlines are, of course, part of the raison d'être of FT … except, perhaps, for the Supreme Being aspect.

Another Gruniad yawn. So sad. Ooops, I nearly shed another tear then.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
Is that twant?
I think it's more a case of:

Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
It has the grating Islington-centric overtones of the Guardian.
<snip>
Why just one page darling - the whole world revolves around you anyway...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by T8191

Perhaps it's an age thing, but I tend not to do business with major Companies via Twitter.
Yes
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by DillMan
Yes
No, actually. I'm decades younger than T, and there's no way I'd use a social media website to address a customer service issue, that is publicly available for the world to see.

I'm not an attention-seeker, or DYKWIA.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, FB Gold, TK Gold
I was going to offer a bit of empathy on this one.....I thought, OK, we've all had a couple of bad flights that have irritated us for whatever reason, and yes we might well moan about it to those around us/over the airwaves/net. Those more tech-savvy (or with nothing else to do) might well blog about it too.

But then with nothing better to do (see above) I read the whole trail of tweets and all sympathy evaporated. What a load of nonsense. Frankly I can well understand why any company would not man its social media 24/7 if they have to wade through piles of trivial rubbish like this. No wonder only a handful get responded to

Believe me, I'm all for companies increasing their ability to communicate with customers in real time......(and BA has some way to go in this respect)....but that doesn't extend to having to employ people to sift through stuff like this sent up into the atmosphere by those who clearly have an agenda in life.

And frankly I couldn't care which airline or company was the subject of something like this, my thoughts would be the same
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Kate (the twit person)
Ed, we could talk at length about "loyalty" schemes and their value to you vs the airline in terms of the data and cash you give them in return for access to a slightly less crappy part of the terminal
Ahh bless
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, BA Amex Premium Plus
why did I bother wasting 3 minutes of my time reading her blog? There are many good hardcore journalists out there especially in war zone risking their live to feed truth and worthwhile news to the public, but telling her delayed flight experience and demanded reasons just seem so pity.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
So her flight was delayed due to weather? And.......
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:46 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Exactly. What a pompous, self-important article.
Agreed. My only problem with discussing the utterances of an arrogant self opinionated ex-Guardian "journalist" is that we are making her far more important than she is.

One day someone will explain Twitter to me and its relevance to my life or anyone's life for that matter.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:28 pm
Suspended

So, to sum up, the broad consensus - by and large, with all things considered and taking everything into account - is that we think that wannabe journo is a prize DYKWIA.

Are there any dissenters? No, I thought not.

58 consecutive, negative, criticism of a single person in one thread: unprecedented!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:07 pm

Journos need to watch out - anyone who knowingly works for the Daily Ragmail and now the Grauniad is likely to have the crew reaching for the "contact lens solution"! (Quoting from Imogen Edward-Jones' "Air Babylon" - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Babylon-...1291926&sr=8-1)
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

... explain Twitter to me and its relevance to my life or anyone's life for that matter.
+1 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.