Wiki Posts
Search

A Thank You from BA American express

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cagalindo
Personally I think its funny they are bribing their FFs with vouchers ever since the new Adios points lowered the value of their FF miles.
Why, what's happened to yours? My Avios points are worth more now than they were this time last week.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by oxmatt
I think they are for fast track security not fast track immigration so still useful for EU passengers - as long as not premium cabin or status pax...
Oh, odd. Mine and those of my colleagues were fast-track immigration, as have the previous ones I've been issued.

Edit: At least, from a cursory glance this time I thought they looked the same.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Now fast track immigration would be handy! The queue always seems longer coming back in.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:51 am

I finally received something from AMEX last week, it was for the Gold card which was odd as I had cancelled that card almost 2 months ago. Anyway, in the past 2-3 years I had received nothing, not even a points promo in the post. However last week I received a £50 gift voucher for the Gift-Libary.com, with no conditions or minimum spend required. It is an over priced site, however it had something I was genuinelly looking for on it (A Dennis Hopper book) which coming in at £49.95 inc. postage was nice to get for free^
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Hmmmm ... All I ever get from Amex is communications saying "Your minimum payment is ..."

What do you have to do to get these [unwanted] freebies? Are hairbrushes or hot-tubs involved? Bloody Hell, I burn enough on the Amex [I must be close to a 2-4-1 by now].
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
However last week I received a £50 gift voucher for the Gift-Libary.com, with no conditions or minimum spend required. It is an over priced site.....
I got one too, and agree about the prices. Designer IPads anyone for £1400 a go Or a Swartzy thingy encrusted pen drive for £79?

Gave it to The Daught who ordered six jars of overpriced sweeties but that sorted her Christmas presents out for friends so she was happy ^
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:15 pm

I got the Gift-Library.com voucher too. Most of the decent £50ish stuff is now sold out. I'm going to remind myself to check back in a few weeks before it expires. Hopefully there will be some new items or at least replenished stock by then.

It is possibly the most expensive online shop I've come across. Some of the prices look to actually be above recommended retail prices when I've compared with other sites! It wouldn't surprise me if there's some connection between the people running it and someone at Amex, otherwise I can't really understand why they went with such an obscure website.

[edit]not complaining about the voucher, just feel a Selfridges voucher or perhaps something travel related would have been a better option.[/edit]

Last edited by Bloomsbury; Nov 22, 2011 at 4:04 pm Reason: additional comment
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:21 pm

I've just looked at that site and the first thing I saw was a box of champagne truffles (which appears to contain 15 chocolates) for £190
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Flis
I've just looked at that site and the first thing I saw was a box of champagne truffles (which appears to contain 15 chocolates) for £190
Yeh it is an odd site indeed, the prices and some of the products themselves are pretty comical. I must say though, my order was well packaged and as it was my first 'gift' from AMEX I was rather chuffed.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191

What do you have to do to get these [unwanted] freebies?
These seem to come from the charge card section of Amex. The BA Amex is part of the credit card incentive people. I think all they worry about are the miles or points
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Yes, I got a couple of these earlier in the year.

Nice touch.

Although the fast track run out on the 30th and I haven't had a chance to use them. So if anyone would like them please PM me.

The £10 vouchers don't run out until 31st December and a friend of mine might be traveling at xmas so they're not up for grabs.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by origin
These seem to come from the charge card section of Amex. The BA Amex is part of the credit card incentive people. I think all they worry about are the miles or points
No, these were to thank me for my BA Amex. The cover letter was BA cobranded.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Amex, CX MPC, IHG PC, LX M&M
Originally Posted by mdj1
Yes, I got a couple of these earlier in the year.

Nice touch.

Although the fast track run out on the 30th and I haven't had a chance to use them. So if anyone would like them please PM me.

The £10 vouchers don't run out until 31st December and a friend of mine might be traveling at xmas so they're not up for grabs.
Where is the expiry date on the fast track? I can't seem to find one on mine!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
No, these were to thank me for my BA Amex. The cover letter was BA cobranded.
As were mine.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcusnugg
Where is the expiry date on the fast track? I can't seem to find one on mine!
I don't have them any more so I can't check, but IIRC it was Feb 12 So not long. It was in the small print on the back.

Last edited by ColdWalker; Nov 23, 2011 at 3:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.