Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Thank You from BA American express

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:36 am
Original Poster

A Thank You from BA American express

I have just received a thank you letter from BA Amex. Included in the pack were 2 x £10 money off vouchers to use in the airport duty free. Very welcome indeed ^ Also there were two passes to fast track at LHR for 2 pax each. A nice thought but unfortunately not of much use to me. However they are not personalised or linked to my Amex at all. So, who to give them too....

VOUCHERS NOW GONE - NO MORE PMs PLEASE! I'm happy to post the fast track vouchers to any UK address, but dont publish it here. They will go to the first person to PM me. I would be absolutely delighted if that person would also give a fiver to the charity of their choice, but that's up to you.

Last edited by ColdWalker; Nov 22, 2011 at 6:11 am
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I got the same package a couple of months ago. I think it's a sweet idea, although I wish they'd stop giving me fasttrack tickets (this is my third bunch). Presumably the majority of their UK customers are EU citizens, so in most cases they're not appropriate gifts.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I suppose you really ought to post that in the Coupon Connection...
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC
I received some this morning too and I've already cheered someone up with the donation of the fast track cards (btw they have a Feb12 exp)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Fast track vouchers have now been reallocated thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by weirdfish
I received some this morning too and I've already cheered someone up with the donation of the fast track cards (btw they have a Feb12 exp)
That's a bit tight! the last ones I got were valid for the best part of 2 years I recall...
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Presumably the majority of their UK customers are EU citizens, so in most cases they're not appropriate gifts.
I wouldn't say that. If your travelling Y/W then FT to get past the hoards of CHDs in the normal queue maybe quite attractive.

I'm told it's quite a long way from the economy check-ins to the FT entrance though, not that a bit of exercise would harm working people I should think
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:50 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Personally I think its funny they are bribing their FFs with vouchers ever since the new Adios points lowered the value of their FF miles.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Fast track

I think they are for fast track security not fast track immigration so still useful for EU passengers - as long as not premium cabin or status pax...

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I got the same package a couple of months ago. I think it's a sweet idea, although I wish they'd stop giving me fasttrack tickets (this is my third bunch). Presumably the majority of their UK customers are EU citizens, so in most cases they're not appropriate gifts.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cagalindo
Personally I think its funny they are bribing their FFs with vouchers ever since the new Adios points lowered the value of their FF miles.
Lost me there. I have never flown Amex Air. The value of EC miles increased when they moved to Avios.

Edit -Oh I see what you mean! You think BA control amex and have ordered them to give me some vouchers. My dear chap, you are in fact deluded on a number of fronts. Your opinion of my importance to BA is flattering, but I am afraid misplaced. Nor do Amex march to BA's tune. And you seem to to be looking for any old thread to post your drivel to. Perhaps I can direct you to the following thread where I think such inaccurate gripes are more welcome:-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...vios-baec.html

Now coming back on topic....
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Just got an envelope from BA Amex, so I said to Mrs P, I know what this is, it's the fast track vouchers I heard about on FT.

So I opened the envelope and it was just a change of terms and a glossy leaflet telling me I would get more with my BA Amex card.

Boo!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by panny
glossy leaflet telling me I would get more with my BA Amex card.

Boo!
bad luck! Still all hope is not lost - it looks like they have been around for a while judging by the posts above. So maybe you will get some soon.

Keeeeeep spending!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Had 2 fast track vouchers sent way back end of 2009, they expired July 2011, never used as with silver fast track is available automatically.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think the Fast-Track vouchers are great - from recollection, they have posted them around twice before. I have never used them personally - but always give them to colleagues, friends or relatives (who have been most appreciative).

There's some post waiting for me at home, according to SWMBO, so fingers crossed the Duty Free shopping vouchers are there too!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC
2 more LHR FAST TRACK vouchers up for grabs as my friends are not travelling till March and as I mentioned earlier, the vouchers expire 28 Feb 2012.

PM me if interested. No charge

AND NOW TAKEN

Last edited by weirdfish; Nov 22, 2011 at 7:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.