Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Thank You from BA American express

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Wife's fast track that came yesterday were valid until 28/02/12.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Finally received mine yesterday, but the A5-ish sized card they came in from Amex was still going on about using my Amex card to earn "BA Miles". C'mon Amex marketing teams - get with it - it's Avios these days...!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Well it's still Miles as far as I am concerned

Spent one of mine today - a bottle of Xmas gin for £1.95. It'll be followed by a bott of Christmas rum with £10 off on the way back.

Nice one Amex ^
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Well a lot of you have had your vouchers may before me, only got my yesterday, if anyone wants my fast track vouchers please PM me
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by mdj1
Yes, I got a couple of these earlier in the year.

Nice touch.

Although the fast track run out on the 30th and I haven't had a chance to use them. So if anyone would like them please PM me.

The £10 vouchers don't run out until 31st December and a friend of mine might be traveling at xmas so they're not up for grabs.
The £10.00 vouchers run out 31st December 2012
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by marcusnugg
Where is the expiry date on the fast track? I can't seem to find one on mine!
28th feb 2012
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
I got the Gift-Library.com voucher too. Most of the decent £50ish stuff is now sold out.
Me too. What an extraordinary shop! Presumably their tagline is 'selling overpriced tasteless bling to rich idiots since 2010'.

I couldn't find anything worthwhile when I first looked. Had another look last week and ordered a book on New York that I didn't want for £45 (available elsewhere for £28). I've just had an email back advising that it's out of stock. I have given up.

I wonder how much Amex is paying (if anything) for this promotion.

I'm also trying to work out how to (politely) let them know how useless their kind gift was.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Exec, Oman Gold, Starwood, MAS, Emirates, Hilton
Just got my vouchers this morning, perfect timing Amex as I'm flying out for the xmas break tomorrow!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by mad_rich
I'm also trying to work out how to (politely) let them know how useless their kind gift was.
Same.

It's an awful promotion. A huge waste of money. I was looking at a leather travel card holder for £59 + £5 p&p. But it's £27 elsewhere. I know a £50 voucher is not really something to whinge about when there are bigger problems in the world, but it just annoys me that Amex didn't put it to better use. A £20 gift card for Selfridges or John Lewis would be much better than £50 at this place.

I 'googled' Gift-Library.com and there's an interesting article about the founders on the daily mail website from when they first started it. It's basically a website for people with more money than sense. I don't know what Amex were thinking.

I will be sending an email to Lisa Gervis at Amex who the original letter was from giving her a few tips for future promotions.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Cheeky request...

If anyone has a couple of passes they're not going to use, I'd be more than glad to take them off your hands.

Flying out of T1 at the end of the month and what with LH moving their check in area...

Thanks

ST

And this has already been solved by a very helpful fellow FT-er. May the upgrade fairies show you more willing than i've had over the last few years!

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Jan 12, 2012 at 1:17 am
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Cheeky request...

If anyone has a couple of passes they're not going to use, I'd be more than glad to take them off your hands...

..And this has already been solved by a very helpful fellow FT-er. May the upgrade fairies show you more willing than i've had over the last few years!
The same cheeky request,

I could use another 2 LHR FT passes also actually, if anybody has no need for their own it would be much appreciated if you could send my way (PM for SASE)

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.