Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gulliver_UK
^

So... 4 months after starting this thread I have finally managed to transfer my miniscule number of useless Iberia Plus points over to BA Avios. The recent replies having prompted my to give it another go.
I had to get the EC to transfer my IB Avios across manually in the end. Despite everything being identical online, to both of our surprise the transfer could still not be completed online. Left it with EC, took 48 hours and they left a friendly voicemail confirming the successful transfer^
Old May 6, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Combine avios not working

Hi,

I keep getting an error message when I try to move avios from BA to Iberia. I can only find the combine avios link on my BA account and when I try to move avios to Iberia I get the following error:

Combine my Avios was unsuccessful
You can't use Combine my Avios with this account. Please contact us

For reference purposes, here is the transaction id: CMA-1100172804.1028108

To talk to someone about this problem, you can see our phone numbers here, quoting reference CMA-1100172804.
Both my Iberia and BA accounts are more than 90 days old, but my Iberia account currently has a zero balance. Do you guys have any idea what is going on, and how I might get around this problem?
Old May 6, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Do you have the exact same address and spelling of your name on both accounts? Is your Iberia password numbers only?
Old May 6, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Do you have the exact same address and spelling of your name on both accounts? Is your Iberia password numbers only?
Yes and Yes. Yet still no luck. I can transfer back and forth with avios.com, but I cannot get any points to Iberia. Does it work for you guys?
Old May 6, 2012, 2:05 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:21 am
Old May 6, 2012, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
From April 30th to May 13th give, purchase or transfer Avios and obtain upto 30% extra. An opportunity to purchase enough Avios for a trip or give a great present.

What is more, if you take advantage of this promotion, you will soon benefit from exclusive offers next May in The 7 days of Iberia Plus
Old May 6, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by cvarming
Yes and Yes. Yet still no luck. I can transfer back and forth with avios.com, but I cannot get any points to Iberia. Does it work for you guys?
Did you try Avios to Iberia. For some reason I can't transfer from my Iberia to Baec, but I can transfer from Iberia direct to Avios.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Did you try Avios to Iberia. For some reason I can't transfer from my Iberia to Baec, but I can transfer from Iberia direct to Avios.
Good point. Are there household accounts involved?
Old May 7, 2012, 4:33 am

My Avios account is no longer a household account. BA accounts are in a household (but that didn't seem to matter for transfers btw Avios & BAEC).
Old May 7, 2012, 6:48 am

There are no household accounts in the mix. The accounts are from January as I usually don't collect avios, but this summer I will be going to spain and I want to redeem a few amex MR points for the MAD-BCN shuttle.

So, I just got off the phone with Iberia. Apparently my account was not active as it had not had any transactions. The agent did tell me that an amex point transfer would make my account active and that should solve the problem. I am now waiting for my amex MR transfer to complete.

edit to add: A few days after I transferred 1000 amex points to Iberia my account was deemed active and I was allowed to transfer avios from BA.

Last edited by cvarming; May 10, 2012 at 6:44 am
Old May 25, 2012, 1:19 pm

I am trying to transfer from avios.com to IB, but it won't let me. I have 3000 avios in IB from e-rewards, all details are the same, UK address, and my PIN is 6 numbers.

Also, my IB account was opened in Jan 2012 and I can't see any Combine my Avios button. Can somene tell me where this button is to be found? What is odd is when I hover over "My Iberia Plus" and click "Buy and transfer Avios", I just get redirected to the front page of iberia.com.

Any ideas?

*I have transferred from BAEC to avios.com successfully and also earned with avios.com
Old May 25, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

The general advice / theme of the thread seems to be:

1) Check contact details records in both / all accounts are complete and as identical as possible (matching email addresses, names, contact numbers etc).

2) Ensure that your Iberia Plus account has been open for the stated minimum period.

3) If you can't locate the "Combine my Avios" button / option in one account then try looking in the other (since the tool works either way around).

4) If you can't get your preferred transfer to work (i.e. Iberia Plus to BA Avios) but also have an ex-Airmiles Avios account then you might want to try a two-step approach such (i.e. Iberia Plus -> ex-Airmiles Avios -> BA Avios).

5) Things might be a little tricky if BA Avios household accounts are involved (sorry, I lost track of exactly what, if anything, the issue was here).

6) Failing all else - contact Customer Support and get them to do the transfer for you.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by zerogx
I am trying to transfer from avios.com to IB, but it won't let me. I have 3000 avios in IB from e-rewards, all details are the same, UK address, and my PIN is 6 numbers.

Also, my IB account was opened in Jan 2012 and I can't see any Combine my Avios button. Can somene tell me where this button is to be found? What is odd is when I hover over "My Iberia Plus" and click "Buy and transfer Avios", I just get redirected to the front page of iberia.com.

Any ideas?

*I have transferred from BAEC to avios.com successfully and also earned with avios.com
I've not seen any combine my avios option on Iberia, but if you log into Avios you should be able to see it and then can move the miles from Iberia that way.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I've not seen any combine my avios option on Iberia, but if you log into Avios you should be able to see it and then can move the miles from Iberia that way.
Oh right. So I have to do it from avios.com. Well, no household accounts involved, but I tried immediately after changing both accounts to the same email, maybe it needs a few days to "update".

The problem is I want to change my BAEC membership year (by closing and reopening in 6 months) without losing BA miles, and moving avios from the other 2 programs into BA as well. So I thought that a Δ-shaped transfer would work better than a V-shaped one...
Old May 26, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just pick up the phone. The Avios (ex-airmiles) helpline is usually very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.