Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Yes, i've noticed the same and it is annoying, it does show on the printed statement but not on the online. last week in NY I would have got about 1.54 on my BA amex as they are usually quite good at rates, the Lloyds Amex was 1.49

Rubbish rate but I was only using it for the 25 avios.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Olly-
One more Lloyds TSB annoyance - when you put a foreign purchase on the card, the exchange rate and original currency amount are not shown on the recent transactions online!
That seems to be normal for most cards it seems.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by mdj1
Yes, i've noticed the same and it is annoying, it does show on the printed statement but not on the online. last week in NY I would have got about 1.54 on my BA amex as they are usually quite good at rates, the Lloyds Amex was 1.49

Rubbish rate but I was only using it for the 25 avios.
The rate would have been pretty much the same - AmEx set the GBP:USD rate and AmEx direct billed cards have a 2.99% loading, Lloyds adds a 2.95% loading.

I just ran the transaction I did through the AmEx calculator and it gave me $14 = £9.11 on that particular day, but Lloyds actually charged me £9.09.

The only way it would have been cheaper would have been to use a no forex fee card, but paying the loading is well worth it at 25 Avios per £1!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:37 am

Hi all,
Just booked a cruise for my mother and it was cheaper to buy in the US in dollars than here in pounds - and I get double Avios on an Avios TSB card. Yippee!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hello,
Have Lloyds got their act together!! got accepted late Jan with 6k limit,
first statement date 22nd of Feb and after just over 4k of spend the basic and BONUS avios of around (50,000) in my account today.
Keep the faith guys.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Olly-
The rate would have been pretty much the same - AmEx set the GBP:USD rate and AmEx direct billed cards have a 2.99% loading, Lloyds adds a 2.95% loading.

I just ran the transaction I did through the AmEx calculator and it gave me $14 = £9.11 on that particular day, but Lloyds actually charged me £9.09.

The only way it would have been cheaper would have been to use a no forex fee card, but paying the loading is well worth it at 25 Avios per £1!
Exactly. Halifax charge spot, no loading, etc. again no fx rate transaction details online (they used to). But about £30 extra for every £1000 spent abroad you gain 25,000 miles. ^

My Halifax cc is still great for cash withdrawals abroad.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Hoorah!

First statement arrived today and bonus points have allocatded including a small amount of foriegn spend. ^

Now to get the other half to apply for his so we have a card with bonus points while on hols in Sth America! However I bet that there won't be a lot of places that take Amex.

Am doing a bathroom refurb at the moment and I don't think 1 shop I've been in or looked at online accepts Amex.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by dddc
Am doing a bathroom refurb at the moment and I don't think 1 shop I've been in or looked at online accepts Amex.
Gift cards are your friend

http://www.voucherexpress.co.uk/cate...tVouchers.aspx
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Thanks for the tip, but my choice in bathroom fittings is slightly more upmarket from those on offer!!

For one fleeting moment I even considered Tescos for the the 20,000 bonus points , however style and quality triumphed over miles - that and my other half said no way!!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:05 am

LOL, the bloomin corner basin for my downstairs toilet just cost me £600!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Just been told by Lloyds that I won't be getting the 10,000 bonus points, or £25 of the card fee refunded because I had a card previously, even though it was closed years ago.
Even though I had made several calls to query this and even got a letter in writing confirming my spend levels for the first 2 months which was in response to a question directly regarding the bonus offer.

I'm on hold for the complaints department at the moment.

This is absurd, especially since others on here have said they were in the same position and did get a bonus offer.

I'm absolutely F U R I O U S!!!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:48 am

If you have it in writing then tell them you will have to make an official complaint to the FSB, (they don't like it it costs them money)
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sorry to hear that Panny, especially with the helpful posts you contribute
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've been trying to bring forward any spending I have panned to get it within my bonus period.
If I know I have some costs later in the year, but can't bring forward, I'm thinking I could book some flexible tickets now, in equal value to my future real spend, and then get them refunded when the real spend occurs.
Anyone see anything wrong with doing this?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Better hurry up and get those bonus miles before Lloyds disappear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17151214

Lloyds Banking Group made a loss of £3.5bn for the year to 31 December after setting aside £3.2bn to cover payment protection insurance claims and another £2.7bn to cover bonus Avios due as part of a credit card deal abused by savvy internet geeks.
Ok, maybe I added a little bit to the real story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.