Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I hate it when people give blow by blow accounts of trips, but...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate it when people give blow by blow accounts of trips, but...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
What's more there was no delay getting into the lounge and my flight was parked at the gate right next door. That's 4 positives that even the CCR can't deliver!

Yes that is a plus.....we boarded at C18.
The lounge agent however was on another planet.....she wouldn't let us in until she had questioned us for ten minutes.
Despite my wife being Argentine and me being a McArgy she said we needed a visa for both Brasil and Argentina or we couldn't board. It got even more bizarre but I'll leave it for the trip report.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by BDAgirl
I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here. The chances of getting a drink within 15 minutes of arriving at the CCR are virtually nil, 15-25 minutes , maybe and 30-1hr, a possibility. Does that sound right?

Thankfully I'm a patient kind of girl
Sit at the bar it works for me and the CCR is miles better than the jaded LGW F lounge.Last week they managed to serve a cold bacon baguette a cold mushroom baguette(the only 2 hot items on the menu in the morning). Only one bottle of the LP2000 in the fridge at a time resulting in it being empty every time I wanted a drink and having to track elusive staff to bring another bottle.Oh and don't get me started about the 3 hours waiting on the plane for departure with 1 cup of water served
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I fine I never use the CCR lounge now at LHR and much prefer GF especially the outside are. Like others prefer the self service drink. The only pluse is I use it to gain quick entrance to GF from South security.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by HIDDY
No curtain between F and J was a strange one.....I thought they had just forgotten to pull it over but when I looked there wasn't one.
The Air Marshalls need clear lines of sight HIDDY.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
The Air Marshalls need clear lines of sight HIDDY.
Oh right....so where do they sit?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BDAgirl
I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here. The chances of getting a drink within 15 minutes of arriving at the CCR are virtually nil, 15-25 minutes , maybe and 30-1hr, a possibility. Does that sound right?

Thankfully I'm a patient kind of girl
Almost there... You missed the bit where after waiting an age, they bring you the wrong drink (Champagne sounds exactly like London Pride to the CCR staff).

Then you wait another 10 minutes for the correct drink

Cheers,
Rick
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
Sit at the bar it works for me and the CCR is miles better than the jaded LGW F lounge.Last week they managed to serve a cold bacon baguette a cold mushroom baguette(the only 2 hot items on the menu in the morning). Only one bottle of the LP2000 in the fridge at a time resulting in it being empty every time I wanted a drink and having to track elusive staff to bring another bottle.Oh and don't get me started about the 3 hours waiting on the plane for departure with 1 cup of water served
The LGW F lounge, though not the most exciting lounge experience you will ever have, is usually better than that. It's possible that they may have been short staffed that week. When I was there last Thursday, I ended up going to the small kitchen to find a staff member to politely ask if he could clear the pile of rubbish from the table I was sitting at, left by a previous passenger. There are usually 2-3 lounge staff buzzing around, but this poor chap seem to be on his own coping with a fairly full lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Almost there... You missed the bit where after waiting an age, they bring you the wrong drink (Champagne sounds exactly like London Pride to the CCR staff).

Then you wait another 10 minutes for the correct drink

Cheers,
Rick
Maybe that's the answer then. Ask for any old beverage you can think of and maybe, just maybe you might end up with something wet to enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.