Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Icelandic Volcano erupts again [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandic Volcano erupts again [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Whilst waiting to deplane, overheard pilot say to atc that a 65mph gust convinced him not to land at EDI. Wasn't much more pleasant at NCL but at least he got us down.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:51 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

With bmi having left, how BA react to Glasgow is of key importance.

First thing I notice is they are willing to chuck us a 321 tonight, even though they know full well it might not make it back to Heathrow.

Before bmi left, you could have bet your lucky stars on that being cancelled.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Also ironically it seems that two bmi A319s (the BD58 and BD60) have ended up at Glasgow after diverting from EDI. I'd expect bmi are keen to get the aircraft out of Scotland before the ash hits.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
KLM has cancelled all flights this evening & tomorrow morning to Scotland& Newcastle.
And looking at the newest MET chart, the ash cloud is coming closer and closer to central Europe..I doubt I will be flying on Thursday
Old May 23, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Now in car driving away v slowly from airport. Just seen a BA flight take off
Old May 23, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Aer Lingus
Dear Customers

The volcanic eruption in Iceland has resulted in an ash cloud which is forecast to encroach on Scottish airspace tomorrow Tuesday 24th May.

As a result to ensure the safety of our passengers and crew Aer Lingus has had to cancel a number of its flights to and from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen on Tuesday 24th May.

The cancelled flights are:

Flight Number Origin Destination
EI 3220 Dublin Glasgow
EI 3221 Glasgow Dublin
EI 3222 Dublin Glasgow
EI 3223 Glasgow Dublin
EI 3242 Dublin Aberdeen
EI 3243 Aberdeen Dublin
EI 3250 Dublin Edinburgh
EI 3251 Edinburgh Dublin
EI 3612 Shannon Glasgow
EI 3613 Glasgow Shannon
EI 3832 Cork Glasgow
EI 3833 Glasgow Cork
Old May 23, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sigh. Off to Istanbul on Wesnesday. Though I do love the place I'd rather not be stuck there over the weekend and miss what promises to be a very debauched stag do. Fingers crossed.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I notice that BA have cancelled all flight to Scotland tomorrow (Tuesday) morning till 2pm.

Following forecasts of significant volcanic ash in Scottish airspace, British Airways has decided as a precaution that it will not operate any flights between London and Scotland on Tuesday May 24 up until 2pm.

At present all other flights are unaffected.

We continue to monitor the situation and remain in close contact with the Civil Aviation Authority, National Air Traffic Services and the Met Office.

Customers on any cancelled flights will be able to claim a full refund or rebook onto alternative flights.

We would urge customers not to travel to the airport if their flight has been cancelled.

The safety of our customers is our paramount concern and we would never operate a flight unless we believed it was safe to do so.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Aren't we all a bit overreacting?

If only my flight was cancelled.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:12 pm

Hmm, I wonder if BA intend to inform me any time soon that they've cancelled my flight tomorrow morning?
Old May 23, 2011, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Sigh. Off to Istanbul on Wesnesday. Though I do love the place I'd rather not be stuck there over the weekend and miss what promises to be a very debauched stag do. Fingers crossed.
And here was I thinking all you Mods were as good as gold all the time

Good luck to all travelling in the next few days.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by JamieT
Hmm, I wonder if BA intend to inform me any time soon that they've cancelled my flight tomorrow morning?

BA haven't informed me about any cancellations to Scotland, and I'm due to operate one of them.... sigh.....No doubt I'll end up somewhere else. I'm packed for near enough any eventuality (apart from Siberia).

Hopefully this is all a storm in a tea cup and you'll all get to where you need to be. Fingers crossed.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:27 pm

Somehow I don't think a A319 will be working 1484 to GLA tomorrow if they can source something bigger (if it is able to go)!
Old May 23, 2011, 2:34 pm

Location: Wales (Home base), Germany (Work base) & around the world!
Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by alasdair_m
Somehow I don't think a A319 will be working 1484 to GLA tomorrow if they can source something bigger (if it is able to go)!
Looking at the ash cloud predictions, I doubt it - even if the wind drops.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Baconroll
BA haven't informed me about any cancellations to Scotland, and I'm due to operate one of them.... sigh.....No doubt I'll end up somewhere else. I'm packed for near enough any eventuality (apart from Siberia).

Hopefully this is all a storm in a tea cup and you'll all get to where you need to be. Fingers crossed.
I'm at home just now and always of the view that meetings can be done by phone or rearranged, it's just whether the boss agrees...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.