Search

BA Amex error - opinions please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Skywards
BA Amex error - opinions please

Dear all

I received an offer email from BA Amex on 08 April 2011, where one of the many offers is a complimentary night accommodation at one of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World if you book a night with them. Essentially, this is a stay one night and get second for free.

As I had planned to head out to one of the SLH hotels anyways, I thought I would take them up on this offer. So I first called SLH and was told the offer is only available to plat and centurion cardholders only. I then called Amex travel services to verify and was told that the email was sent to me in error. I was expecting them to offer me this anyways given that it was their error, but it was not forthcoming.

I'm seeking your opinions on:
1. Does this type of error happen often? Did anyone else get this email?
2. What's the best way to deal with error such as this? I felt let down by amex in some way.
3. Have I expected too much from amex, expecting them to honour the offer?

Many thanks all.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
Normally somewhere in these emails are the T&Cs or at least a link to them. Does it say there who that offer applies to?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeteTheBrit
Normally somewhere in these emails are the T&Cs or at least a link to them. Does it say there who that offer applies to?
I've checked that and there aren't any exclusions.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
Could you post a link to the web version of the email? They always include the "Show in a browser" link.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:36 am
uk1
Suspended

Why not accept it was an error and push on? You're not out of pocket or lost anything.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeteTheBrit
Could you post a link to the web version of the email? They always include the "Show in a browser" link.
http://ebm.email.americanexpress.com/c/tag/hBNnwvHAQB6DpB8aGn$NstJepKl/
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
Why not accept it was an error and push on? You're not out of pocket or lost anything.
Fair enough. I should add this is the second error, where I've had received a similar error email in the past and was told the same apology.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:47 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by jokers
Fair enough. I should add this is the second error, where I've had received a similar error email in the past and was told the same apology.
I'm not saying you're not right. I agree with your point and understand your frustration. My point is - that clearly there's an error either in the way it's being marketed or the response you received.

At least your not standing at reception with a bigger row in front of you .....
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
I'm not saying you're not right. I agree with your point and understand your frustration. My point is - that clearly there's an error either in the way it's being marketed or the response you received.

At least your not standing at reception with a bigger row in front of you .....
Yup - it is a sunny satruday afternoon and I have better things to do then worrying about some error!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.