Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of Iris? [effective 17 September 2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That's a good point; but I wonder whether and to what extent this variation would add to the cost.
Don't they already have that system that works with the chip enabled passports?

IMHO they definitely aren't going to do anything with IRIS that involves expenditure! They might keep it running in maintenance mode but if it breaks badly then bye-bye IRIS!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vla
Exactly like Privium in the Netherlands.
Indeed. or the (free) Parafes system at CDG.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have found IRIS to be working well in T5 recently (and given the other immigration queues even for EU nationals what a godsend that was). It has also been working much faster for both Mrs LoM and myself taking only a couple of seconds between iris scanning and the "thank you". Perhaps as old records have been weeded system performance is improving?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have found IRIS to be working well in T5 recently (and given the other immigration queues even for EU nationals what a godsend that was). It has also been working much faster for both Mrs LoM and myself taking only a couple of seconds between iris scanning and the "thank you". Perhaps as old records have been weeded system performance is improving?
I noticed the same last Thursday, Mrs Steve_ZA and I both were through in seconds. Both the UK/EU and non-EU queues were impressively long.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Ditto. Used Iris on Sunday eve and was through in a heartbeat. Only one of the two T5 Iris machines seems to be in use...at least on the three occasions in September I've been through T5.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I checked the receipt from my most recent IRIS encounter and it explicitly says IRIS registration expires in 2012, two years after I last reregistered. My previous passport which I used to reregister for IRIS expired in 2011. This is for a typical registration for a non-UK non-visa holder.
I am a UK national and the slip I received also stated that it expires 2 years after registration although it would appear from other contributions to this thread that this is actually unlikely to be the case.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Mrs. stifle was told when registering that her registration would be extended for two years each time she used an IRIS machine. I may well have been told that as well, but I can't remember.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stifle
Mrs. stifle was told when registering that her registration would be extended for two years each time she used an IRIS machine. I may well have been told that as well, but I can't remember.
Ditto, think that's the way it works. Keep using and you extend on a rolling basis
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
Ditto. Used Iris on Sunday eve and was through in a heartbeat. Only one of the two T5 Iris machines seems to be in use...at least on the three occasions in September I've been through T5.
Both were working on Thursday although only the left one was working earlier in the month when I was last there.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I was at gatwick north on 27th september. i am not registered for IRIS but I asked the officer if it was operational. She said it was but was a bit 'temperamental'
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat; AA EXP; HILTON Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Angry Bad to Worse

Flew LHR-LIS-LHR this week. On arrival at Lisbon the E-Pass gates were all switched off. When I returned to LHR, The IRIS and The E-PAss gates were all broken with massive queues 20+ minutes for UK citizens with the air conditioning not working properly. Things seem to be going from bad to worse. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with IRIS in T3. IRIS was the best thing about LHR and the one thing the UKBA got almost right.
I hope that the new system that will integrate with the US and NL will be at least as good and the current crashes are not a portent of future service levels. The e _pass euro thing seems to be disastrous based on what I have seen in Lisbon.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
One (on the left) of the two IRIS machines was working this morning in T5. No queue.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Yesterday both machines on at T5, through with no queue. Have to love Iris.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm hoping my wife will be recognised on Monday morning. Last time it was a bit awkward, after I sailed through the Iris border and she was stuck airside. However, her e-passport did the trick
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stueys
Yesterday both machines on at T5, through with no queue. Have to love Iris.
Right hand one broken this morning at T5.

Slightly apprehensive about my IRIS registration as the passport I think I registered with now needs renewing (it is full and my other is approaching the 90% mark). Does this mean my registration will expire? And no chance of renewal either?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.