Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Fleet Is All About YOU, customers.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
[QUOTE=PUCCI GALORE;16331852]Well I too have used the Mixed fleet to and fro PRG. I would like to offer the following.

The moving map was forgotten and so were one or two other things but were swiftly fetched when asked. There seemed to be rather a lot of memory lapses and frankly as a crew assessor my only critisism was that the service appeared rushed even though there was no need - and rather disorganised. A good Eurofleet crew member would have had the whole thing sorted slickly. That's the word - there was no slickness but one forgave everything as the crew were so bright and bubbly.

[QUOTE]

Pucci, sorry but that sounds a lot like Eurofleet! I came back from MAD last night and the "moving map was forgotten and so were one or two other things".

Had hoped that MF would improve not maintain status quo!
Old May 5, 2011, 6:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

Pucci, sorry but that sounds a lot like Eurofleet! I came back from MAD last night and the "moving map was forgotten and so were one or two other things".

Had hoped that MF would improve not maintain status quo!
Honey - Him Indoors asked. Did anyone on your flight ask? Lapses of memory happen, gentle reminders can be most welcome.
Old May 5, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
I did LHR-MRU a couple of weeks ago with a MF crew who were absolutely excellent. Cheerful, helpful and efficient - I sent a well done on arrival. Hoping for the same bunch on the way back on Saturday!
Old May 7, 2011, 8:39 am

Looks to me like a pay rise is imminent, the "few weeks" could perhaps be in some way connected with resolution of the Dispute on the main fleet?

"Mixed Fleet – Pay Review 2011

I know that there has been much interest and speculation recently about Mixed Fleet pay and a forthcoming announcement.

The Winter Speakup! Survey results, feedback from listening groups and conversations with your managers have all told us about your concerns over the market competitiveness of the current Mixed Fleet remuneration package.

It is our intention to address these concerns. Our position has always been to pay market rate plus 10% and we are currently working with colleagues in BA’s Reward department to ensure that we are appropriately positioned against other airlines and companies renowned for providing outstanding customer service.

This work will take a few weeks longer to complete, at which time we will write to you with the outcome of this review. However long this analysis takes, we will backdate any awards from 1 April 2011. We will also announce improvements to the Future Talent Crew Programme at the same time.

I do appreciate that this is leaves you with uncertainty for a little while longer. You have my assurance we will communicate with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Sally Munro-Smith
Manager Mixed, Eurofleet & Volunteer Cabin Crew"
Old May 7, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Funny you mention this, BBB

We have written down service standards for a reason. To completely forget to do a bar round, presuming it is part of the service at that meal time, then it is not acceptable. New to the airline or not.

I recently had a flight from LIS, where the pre-dinner bar run was completely, ahem, forgotten. Or the crew didn't bother with it.

The response I got from BA was this

You also mention the pre-dinner drinks service. I am sorry to hear there was no pre-dinner drink offered and appreciate this must have been disappointing for you. There have been no recent changes made to our food and drinks service in Club Europe, please accept my apologies that the service didn't meet your expectations this time.

I gave up pursuing this issue, as it seems that after all this is an acceptable fault, according to CS.
Old May 7, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by mario
Funny you mention this, BBB

We have written down service standards for a reason. To completely forget to do a bar round, presuming it is part of the service at that meal time, then it is not acceptable. New to the airline or not.

I recently had a flight from LIS, where the pre-dinner bar run was completely, ahem, forgotten. Or the crew didn't bother with it.

The response I got from BA was this

You also mention the pre-dinner drinks service. I am sorry to hear there was no pre-dinner drink offered and appreciate this must have been disappointing for you. There have been no recent changes made to our food and drinks service in Club Europe, please accept my apologies that the service didn't meet your expectations this time.

I gave up pursuing this issue, as it seems that after all this is an acceptable fault, according to CS.
Sorry, I read that wrong, hence edit. I don't know why I read in my mind TLS when you wrote LIS...
Old May 21, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors, East Coast Mainline, Sheraton
Originally Posted by oscietra
Looks to me like a pay rise is imminent, the "few weeks" could perhaps be in some way connected with resolution of the Dispute on the main fleet?

"Mixed Fleet – Pay Review 2011

I know that there has been much interest and speculation recently about Mixed Fleet pay and a forthcoming announcement.

The Winter Speakup! Survey results, feedback from listening groups and conversations with your managers have all told us about your concerns over the market competitiveness of the current Mixed Fleet remuneration package.

It is our intention to address these concerns. Our position has always been to pay market rate plus 10% and we are currently working with colleagues in BA’s Reward department to ensure that we are appropriately positioned against other airlines and companies renowned for providing outstanding customer service.

This work will take a few weeks longer to complete, at which time we will write to you with the outcome of this review. However long this analysis takes, we will backdate any awards from 1 April 2011. We will also announce improvements to the Future Talent Crew Programme at the same time.

I do appreciate that this is leaves you with uncertainty for a little while longer. You have my assurance we will communicate with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Sally Munro-Smith
Manager Mixed, Eurofleet & Volunteer Cabin Crew"
Apparently pay is going up to 15k for crew and the FTC role will be rebranded into a more solid cabin leader role just like the Purser.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:46 am

Has the pay rise been granted?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by oscietra
Has the pay rise been granted?
Yes, there has been a small increase to the basic rate, as well as the elapsed hourly rate.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:01 pm

I am not sure if this has been reported elsewhere on FT, however, BA are recruiting for more Mixed Fleet CC, specifically individuals with the ability to speak Japanese:

http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/ba...wxtflmotcwxlby

Likely to improve service on the HND route.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
A poor Mixed Fleet experience - KBP-LHR BA883 Today

Greetings all,

I've been a fairly avid reader of these forums for some years. Up until now, I've been happy to read the forums of the hotels I stay at, the forums of the airlines I fly on as well as devouring the occasional trip report.

I had considered making this post a trip report but the lack of photos and my hungover brain would not make for an enticing post.

So let me get to the point. I fly BA somewhat infrequently, probably ~10 flights a year. I generally choose KLM or Delta flying from MAN or HUY or Virgin if I have to go through LHR but I liked the fighting spirit of Willie Walsh and BA's increase in the Kiev flights has worked out quite nicely for me. I flew CE to Kiev in July then ET to Kiev on Monday, returning today also in Y.

Last night was somewhat rough, even by Ukrainian standards. Infact it was so rough, I couldn't even face buying some vodka at the ridiculously low prices in Kiev duty free. So I duly boarded, fastened up, waited for take-off and slept.

About 20 minutes into the flight, I was woken up and asked what I'd like to drink. I wasn't expecting to be woken but hadn't specified otherwise (this is only a 3 hour flight in Y). I ordered a water, didn't say anything about being woken up and promptly fell asleep again.

Fast forward another 20 minutes. I was again woken up by having the food tray thrust at me. Somewhat bemused this time, I stayed awake.

A young Ukrainian girl sat next to me got her food after and she asked (in very good English) what wine was available. The response from the stewardess (the same one that had woken me up twice) was, and I quote, "red or white". I'm pretty sure everyone could determine that from the two bottles clearly visible on the trolley.

But there was no mention of the type of wine. Even a "Shiraz" or something a little more descriptive would have been nice. The girl looked somewhat hurt at the response but seemed too polite to say anything.

Does politeness cost anything? Does someone sleeping want to be woken up twice on a flight? Or am I being unnecessarily grumpy given my hungover state?

I've had some very good BA flights with Mixed Fleet and the other crews. A particularly memorable one was on New Years Eve to Warsaw. But this has left a very sour taste in my mouth, sour enough to register and post here.

Thoughts welcomed. My next post will be about BMIBaby damaging my passport.... stay tuned a week or two for that.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Congratulations on your first post on FT!

IMO, cabin crew shouldn't wake a passenger if they are sleeping, except for a safety reason (eg. to check seatbelt, raise seatback).

As for the 'red or white' response - almost as bad as the 'natural or fruit' response I got when ordering my breakfast yogurt in First, HKG-LHR.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I am not sure if this has been reported elsewhere on FT, however, BA are recruiting for more Mixed Fleet CC, specifically individuals with the ability to speak Japanese:

http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/ba...wxtflmotcwxlby

Likely to improve service on the HND route.
Or perhaps NRT...... I still don't know what Mixed Fleet is BTW. I've been pointed at web pages, read them and thought "fair enough," but I still don't know what, in essence, Mixed Fleet actually is. I know roughly how to spot Mixed Fleet (apparently, the Females of the species wear hats) but I'm still not really getting it in basic organisational terms......
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Thanks. That's what I thought. Without fail, I always make sure that my seatbelt is clearly visible and fastened at all times on the flight... namely because I don't like to be disturbed.

Should I make a further complaint to BA? Will this thread get noticed? As mentioned above, I'm all for Mixed Fleet and I intensely dislike the idea of a militant union dictating how a business should be run (I'm an employer myself).... but this was really a poor advert for BA.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Kiev

I do wonder whether they also use the Kiev route for new crew's first flights. It's a longer flight, so gives the crew time to get it right and learn a bit on the job, as was the cae on my most recent KBP flight.

It was a breakfast service in CE, there was no offer of the menu that I have been offered before, there was no offer of the vegetarian option (spinach crepe) that is normally offered and which was referenced in the menu left in the seat pocket on my return flight a few days later. So I opted for continental and was given the fruit/yoghurt tray, but the plate with cheese and cold cuts, never appeared.

I had had something in GF, so was not bothered, but did think it was a bit odd. But the crew did seem quite nervous about their responsibilities, but they did have the benefit of a great cabin manager who was coaching them and also stepping in to make sure people got good service. Indeed with her, the whole flight passed well. Hopefully with managers like her the quite green crew will be in their strides soon. (I do remember ropier LH crews at LGW when single fleet was introduced, but know it's a fleet that generally gets a big thumbs up now.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.