Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Fleet Is All About YOU, customers.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Is there any truth that AA crew who were considered too old to fly have started to sign up?

Happy landings
Spottie
You just ruined my day!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Is there any truth that AA crew who were considered too old to fly have started to sign up?

Happy landings
Spottie
Originally Posted by OPebble
You just ruined my day!
I have to defend older AA cabin crew here. With one notable exception, I have always had wonderful service on AA. Some of the ladies were older and heavier than most BA crew but they did an excellent job. They knew their job, they were efficient, smiling and friendly.

The one exception was absolutely dreadful and young. She was petulant, lazy and rude. Apart from the service issues, both this woman and her male colleague remained in their jump seats reading magazines once meal service was finished, and they definitely did not prepare the first class cabin for landing.

This young woman could learn a lot from her older colleagues.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Exec
I can believe that ... young can mean keen, enthusiastic, eager to please etc. or rude, dismissive and petulant.

Older people new to flying are usually the former, whereas some older crew that have been flying for many years are usually bored out of their skulls, usually bordering on insanity on account of years of jetlag and solar radiation.*

How's that for a generalisation.

* Have no idea if true, added for fun
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:50 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
as a passenger that has had years of jetlag and solar radiation, why not jump right over the boundary of insanity and join me on the other side during "mental health day" which is today!

Radiation can be an issue, particularly on LHR to Tokyo and it was an issue for Concorde fleet.

Yes, as a passenger, at one stage, I had to wear a radiation badge because of potential exposure levels.

I still don't read OK and Hello magazines though. Nope, not even look at the pictures. Must be a different explanation for that then.

Is this sufficiently off topic?

Spottie
PS - I think that there are two crew on AA with a lifetime fatigue index of 73. I just look that old after my 4 continents in a day routine each month.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:18 am

Which routes are being flown with Mixed Fleet crews?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by oscietra
Which routes are being flown with Mixed Fleet crews?
According to the other Pplace PRG, PSA and LED moved over to MF on 1 November, and LAS and DEN were due to move over this month.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by heartybob
According to the other Pplace PRG, PSA and LED moved over to MF on 1 November, and LAS and DEN were due to move over this month.
Indeed, and the LAS and DEN did move over on the first of December. I have two lovely friends who are CSM's on MF and one was showing me pictures of their first LH flight, including a Prime aircraft... Right pair of spotters they are too!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Indeed, and the LAS and DEN did move over on the first of December. I have two lovely friends who are CSM's on MF and one was showing me pictures of their first LH flight, including a Prime aircraft... Right pair of spotters they are too!
And how was it for them - to coin a phase?

Genuine interest to know how the coal face finds MF.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OPebble
And how was it for them - to coin a phase?

Genuine interest to know how the coal face finds MF.
All fabulous... They by all accounts did an amazing job! All to plan and spiffingly...!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:07 am

All fabulous... They by all accounts did an amazing job! All to plan and spiffingly...!
That's great.

I would imagine there will be some more new routes created during 2011 specifically for Mixed Fleet which would have been uneconomical for legacy fleet to operate.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Indeed, and the LAS and DEN did move over on the first of December.
Excellent! I look forward to being mix-fleet-ed (fleeced?) on my LAS in J in February.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted... :-)

Last edited by BingBongBoy; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:38 am
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:46 am

Mixed Fleeter Here

Hello All

I am a MF SCCM and can confirm that we have HND on our bidding system from 17th Feb (although that's via NRT, positioning out to op the first out of HND on 19th).

They are four day trips generally. Looking at staff travel booking page the weekends are 4 class 777 and the weekdays are 3 class????

Nice to have finally signed up after years of "lurking"

AnakinSkyWaiter
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by AnakinSkyWaiter
Hello All

I am a MF SCCM and can confirm that we have HND on our bidding system from 17th Feb (although that's via NRT, positioning out to op the first out of HND on 19th).

They are four day trips generally. Looking at staff travel booking page the weekends are 4 class 777 and the weekdays are 3 class????

AnakinSkyWaiter
Excellent and welcome ^

I can't wait to experience a MF crew I guess the route ARN-LHR is way down the list
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AnakinSkyWaiter
Hello All

AnakinSkyWaiter
Hello! Welcome... It will become addictive when you start posting, so be warned!

EF crew here and happy to have you onboard!

BBB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.