Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Roger
[yawn]
Why do some find it necessary to inform all BA FTers that they have sent a PM to a poster? I imagine the poster knows. @:-)
[/yawn]

It's high time that referrals were hived off to a separate thread. The American Express forum manages this. Referrers and referrees have their own sticky.
^^^
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
[yawn]
Why do some find it necessary to inform all BA FTers that they have sent a PM to a poster? I imagine the poster knows. @:-)[/yawn]
It's just a bit of fun, does it really bother you that much?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Some people really will moan at absolutely anything
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A405 Safari/8536.25)

Pm not sent !!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:26 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
[yawn]
Why do some find it necessary to inform all BA FTers that they have sent a PM to a poster? I imagine the poster knows. @:-)
[/yawn]
True, but I think if nobody says PM sent, people will keep sending PMs to the poster. Guess poster then has to come back and say "stop flooding me!"
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
At one time both the tortoises and the hares seemed to have a chance, nowadays it seems it's only those glued to their I phones? Oh well least I have another life
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You have pm lol
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
[yawn]
[/yawn]
One assumes it is to flag to other people that a response has already been sent and dissuaded others from doing so, but it doesn't seem to work
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:27 am

Hi there,

I have just read some post on this thread. I want to apply for the Amex Platinum using one of this usernames to get the 50k points.
My doubt is, I already have an AMEX (is a basic one with MR points and in euro coin) in my own country (europe), but I moved last week to London and I want one here, in pounds... Am I eligible to apply to this 50k bonus with the other one still active?

Do they connect database between countries?

Thanks in advance,
Corcunda
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by corcunda
Hi there,

I have just read some post on this thread. I want to apply for the Amex Platinum using one of this usernames to get the 50k points.
My doubt is, I already have an AMEX (is a basic one with MR points and in euro coin) in my own country (europe), but I moved last week to London and I want one here, in pounds... Am I eligible to apply to this 50k bonus with the other one still active?

Do they connect database between countries?

Thanks in advance,
Corcunda
Welcome, you will have a problem with the UK credit scoring unless you use the Amex Global transfer, whilst it is possible that there would be no connection back to your original country in terms of the bonus referal offer as the terms don't seem to preclude other countries cards, I'm not sure if a refered application would fail at the credit check - happy to try
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
One assumes it is to flag to other people that a response has already been sent and dissuaded others from doing so, but it doesn't seem to work
The problem is that there will be 3 or 4 FTyers all typing at the same time so this is bound to happen.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
It'll probably cease to be an issue shortly given that the non-referral bonus is back to 50,000 as Quidco are currently paying £80, which way exceeds the value of the additional 2,000 MR points you get for being referred.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
It's just a bit of fun, does it really bother you that much?
Well can I say that it does bother me - I have absolutely no problem with those wanting referrals choosing someone who is helpful but based on who can get the PM sent first is rather unfair.
Roger - can I volunteer you to start this new thread please
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Both methods seem ok to me. I'm happy keeping things the way they are.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ups
True, but I think if nobody says PM sent, people will keep sending PMs to the poster. Guess poster then has to come back and say "stop flooding me!"
Indeed - seems a very sensible system to me! There IS a thread on the AMEX forum but the vast majority of posts to that thread (and indeed most of that forum) is from US members - given the nature of this thread (and the volume of traffic in the BA forum) I would submit this is an appropriate place to keep referrals for the UK card. Obviously if you don't want emailed everytime about one then the daily email digest may be a route to go down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.