Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by oizilein
Rather OT, but I could swear that a while ago, I read on here about buying John lewis vouchers with your Gold card and then spending them on BA e-store. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I can't find it anywhere.
Can you still get JL vouchers at Sainsburys/Tesco. Can you then use them online?
Thanks,
Mo.
John Lewis gift vouchers can be spent online at www.johnlewis.com and in all John Lewis and Waitrose shops. [Copied from the website]

Therefore, you could buy them from John Lewis with your Gold Card and then spend them online at John Lewis (after going via the BA e-store). I assume you get BA miles on the total John Lewis bill (before deducting any payment made in gift vouchers)?

I don't know anything about Sainsburys or Tesco selling John Lewis gift vouchers. It would seem odd to me as Waitrose is a competitor (and John Lewis is for some of the larger stores and for Tesco Direct).
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by oizilein
Rather OT, but I could swear that a while ago, I read on here about buying John lewis vouchers with your Gold card and then spending them on BA e-store. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I can't find it anywhere.
Can you still get JL vouchers at Sainsburys/Tesco. Can you then use them online?
Thanks,
Mo.
See from post 722 onwards this thread. The advice (from Raffles) is that you're better buying JL vouchers from Waitrose triggering the grocery bonus. You can then use them to buy through the e-store.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:28 am

Sorry to beat a dead horse with this question again...

Quidco is still showing as 'enquiry being processed' under the status column in the transaction list. I had the claim confirmed and tracked in June by message, although id be happier to see it showing as tracked/validated in my account.

Does anybody else have the transaction showing as this?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000

Quidco is still showing as 'enquiry being processed' under the status column in the transaction list. I had the claim confirmed and tracked in June by message, although id be happier to see it showing as tracked/validated in my account.

Yes, mine is in the same status as yours.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by chistery
Yes, mine is in the same status as yours.
+1.

I had to chase AMEX for the points (which have been added) and Quidco for the cashback, who also claimed that it had been validated but is just as equally sitting as "Enquiry Being Processed."

We have to work for these miles, don't we?!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by dark_horse
I had to chase AMEX for the points (which have been added) and Quidco for the cashback, who also claimed that it had been validated but is just as equally sitting as "Enquiry Being Processed."
How do you chase quidco to get it shifted from "Enquiry Being Processed" to validated. Someone said it would be fine and it would still pay out however i have my concerns, i would expect it to at least change to tracked or validated, even paid by now.... Along with my 'successful claim' msg, i also received a 'ticket closed' msg.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Hilton Marriott Hyatt
Originally Posted by pazza2000

+2

MR Bonus now posted but Quidco payment awaited- this is bloomin hard work!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:36 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by wejd
+2

MR Bonus now posted but Quidco payment awaited- this is bloomin hard work!
Has any one on FT actually gotten any money out of Quidco yet?

By this I mean has anyone actually has the £60 cashback paid into their Quidco account?

My status moved to validated back on July 16th, but not much has happened since then.

Last edited by pb3; Aug 4, 2010 at 11:29 am Reason: Correction to date
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by pb3
Has any one on FT actually gotten any money out of Quidco yet?

By this I mean has anyone actually has the £60 cashback paid into their Quidco account?

My status moved to validated back on April 16th, but not much has happened since then.
I logged in to Quidco today and checked the status of my claim too - nothing doing.
Validated is as far as it has got.

Not sure how long to leave it before chasing.....
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by SirHereford
I logged in to Quidco today and checked the status of my claim too - nothing doing.

Just be patient!

Chasing it will achieve nothing. Amex will not transfer the cash to Quidco any quicker.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by BHDBOUND
The promotional offer is for the first three months spend. You will receive the bonus of 20,000 Preferred Rewards on the fourth month of opening your account.
I also got this (or very similar) message. So will wait till end Aug I suppose to see if they arrive.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by SirHereford

At least it is correctly showing as validated instead of 'enqiery being processed', despite being informed by PM that it was successfullyvalidated and the ticket(claim) is now closed.

Ill give it another month...
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:56 pm
me2

Programs: BA SPG Gold
I am pleased to say that my Quidco £60 payment (for the AMEX card) was paid by Quidco on 31 July and received in the bank earlier this week.

For info - I applied for the card in late May 2010.

Thanks to the original poster !

Mark

PS - I haven't got the 20k miles yet but AMEX assure me they will be in my account this week (after various emails)
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Aeroplan, Amex Plat
Bugger, wanted to apply for this but already had a Gold Amex and didn't want to confuse things. Is there a next best card with a similarly extravagant at least 20k BA Miles bonus? Still have the miserly 1k bonus for a BA Visa spend sitting in my EC Offers section but it pales in comparison.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:24 pm

If youre in the UK, theres the AMEX platinum giving 40k MR points (40K BA miles) for a fee of £300 minus £60 Quidco.

offer available until 16th AUG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.