Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:31 am
me2

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Hi

I did mention earlier that my Quidco £60 payment (for the AMEX card) was paid by Quidco on 31 July

(I applied for the card in late May 2010).

Mark

PS - I have now got the 20k miles (after various emails). This was at the same time as my 3rd AMEX statement
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by me2
Hi

I did mention earlier that my Quidco £60 payment (for the AMEX card) was paid by Quidco on 31 July
I think your a special case. Like everyone else i am still await mine.

* ThomasCook Signature, Groupon, Scotrail, Alpharooms all double points^ BAA Car parking single points
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Response to my third claim for 20,000 bonus points. Previous claims were sent on 24 June and 18 July:

I am sorry to read that you have still not received your points. It appears that an additional administrative error has delayed the issuance of the points and so I have requested that they are added manually for you. As such, you can expect to see the points appear on your account in the next 7-10 working days. The reference number for this enquiry xxxxxxxx.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Well today I reached 10,000 points, 1 month and 4 days after receiving my card.
Looks like there is a good chance I will reach 20,000 points before the bonus is actually credited
By the time the Quidco cashback is paid, 6 figures??
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
Originally Posted by kirky
Has anyone actually received Quidco cashback yet?

If so, what date did you apply for the Amex card?
Applied around 31st May and it looks like the cash arrived in my Quidco account in the last few days. I haven't had to chase it as yet and as far as I can tell it will be paid via BACS in the next payment run.

Hit the £500 spend a few days ago and no sign of the bonus yet but I won't chase it until the next statement arrives.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
In case anyone is interested, Lastminute.com produced just the base points as did a few Holiday Inn bookings and a Debenhams Online order.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by jbfield
In case anyone is interested, Lastminute.com produced just the base points as did a few Holiday Inn bookings and a Debenhams Online order.
I've given up on getting proper credit for Holiday Inn stays on the Gold Amex. They can go on the PCR Visa until (and if) Amex sorts themselves out.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adl73x
I've given up on getting proper credit for Holiday Inn stays on the Gold Amex. They can go on the PCR Visa until (and if) Amex sorts themselves out.
I now get double points for Hilton stays without prompting and triple points for Hiltons outside the UK.

Other pointers: Triple points for duty free shopping onboard a Lufthansa flight but only double points for purchasing US Airways miles because the transaction is handled by points.com and not by the airline.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:57 am

Have you actually chased AMEX about bonus points for Holiday Inn?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Have you actually chased AMEX about bonus points for Holiday Inn?
I did. Several times. Eventually via the SMC they agreed to credit bonus points for HI stays up to the point where I started chasing it, but only as a conciliatory gesture, not as a policy.

They were explicit about not guaranteeing credit for furture IHG stays, so I stopped directing that spend to Amex.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:55 am

I did. Several times. Eventually via the SMC they agreed to credit bonus points for HI stays up to the point where I started chasing it, but only as a conciliatory gesture, not as a policy.

They were explicit about not guaranteeing credit for furture IHG stays, so I stopped directing that spend to Amex.

Did they give you a reason for this? It seems quite clear that lodging is part of travel spend and should get double points.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by kirky
Has anyone actually received Quidco cashback yet?

If so, what date did you apply for the Amex card?
Mrs Redshift27 received hers from Quidco at the start of August, applied late May, approved instantly online and Quidco tracked without trouble. (Amex sent the wrong Gold car though!)
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: TfL Oyster Gold
Originally Posted by redshift27
Amex sent the wrong Gold car though!
Amex didn't send me a gold car, just two cards.

Still waiting for Quidco (applied in May).
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Did they give you a reason for this? It seems quite clear that lodging is part of travel spend and should get double points.
Clear to everyone but Amex. I got the same response for Hilton UK stays. Like the HI poster, I have given up charging UK Hiltons to Amex as I couldn't be bothered with the time taken, and multiple messages and calls, each time.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA silver
Husband just got his £60- he got his card in May. I got mine in April and it hasn't gone beyond validated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.