Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Had dad's query accepted today too with the exact same message. A month after submitting the query and it being rejected, with no input from me! I suspect they've finally caught up and simply re-ran the processing on all queries.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
would i be better off airmiles wise if i pay for my BA taxes on my gold card or the ba amex?

should i get 2 or possibly 3 miles on the gold card? would the taxes be seen as travel?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by 99redballs
would i be better off airmiles wise if i pay for my BA taxes on my gold card or the ba amex?

should i get 2 or possibly 3 miles on the gold card? would the taxes be seen as travel?
Without trying to sound pedantic but I presume you mean BA Miles. Actually, it is pedantic but it does sometimes get confusing with both products being in use.

The other question depends on what BA Amex you have, if it's a PP card then you'll get 3x miles for the surcharges/taxes. If it's the normal BA amex then I believe you're better off using the Gold card.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
Originally Posted by weirdfish
Without trying to sound pedantic but I presume you mean BA Miles. Actually, it is pedantic but it does sometimes get confusing with both products being in use.

The other question depends on what BA Amex you have, if it's a PP card then you'll get 3x miles for the surcharges/taxes. If it's the normal BA amex then I believe you're better off using the Gold card.
great thank you, we have the pp ba amex, and yes i was relating to ba miles
fingers crossed the 2-4-1 will be triggered over night(as soon as it's debited) then i can book the last remaining day left for mco.i'm not holding my breath though!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:29 am

Right, Quidco validated and all sorted, 20k bonus points in my AMEX account, now for the Platinum and 40k! Wish me luck!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
£60 actually received today through TopCashback ^
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
No cashback and tough luck?

I applied for the card through quidco and opened a quidco account and seeing this thread thought I ought to check. Lo and behold no cashback and having enquired of quidco where is my cashback they have said that I am out of time to claim as more than 75 days has elapsed and they have no record of my transaction. They are sorry for any inconvenience apparently. I am livid, they have either pocketed the money and not given it to me, or worse for their business model, have failed to track transactions properly. Either way I am £60 out of pocket. Any ideas ? i also dont yet have my 20,000 miles either.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by 99redballs
great thank you, we have the pp ba amex, and yes i was relating to ba miles
fingers crossed the 2-4-1 will be triggered over night(as soon as it's debited) then i can book the last remaining day left for mco.i'm not holding my breath though!
If you are booking a 2-4-1 I'm pretty sure you have to use you BA Amex card (ie. the one that earned the voucher) to pay the taxes.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Calm down dear
I am livid
Irony, anyone?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cluster One
After initially being declined, a few days later the status was changed to validated - without any further chasing from me.
Same happened to me on the same day, with exactly the same message. Must be working through in batches.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 7:20 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Calm down dear
I applied for the card through quidco and opened a quidco account and seeing this thread thought I ought to check. Lo and behold no cashback and having enquired of quidco where is my cashback they have said that I am out of time to claim as more than 75 days has elapsed and they have no record of my transaction. They are sorry for any inconvenience apparently. I am livid, they have either pocketed the money and not given it to me, or worse for their business model, have failed to track transactions properly. Either way I am £60 out of pocket. Any ideas ? i also dont yet have my 20,000 miles either.
You were supposed to open the Quidco account before you applied for the card.

When it didn't appear - you would have noticed in the same thread that you were following when you applied that some others had problems - then a sensible person would have enquired before 75 days had expired.

You aren't £60 out of pocket and Quidco didn't steal it.

You do seem rather accident prone with this stuff .... and as an example here ... and ..here.

Looking back through some of your experiences in your posts might I suggest you take a touch more interest in the details!?

Last edited by uk1; Jul 28, 2010 at 7:32 am
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: BD, VS, PC, HH
Just to let people who used Top Cashback for this offer, my dad applied for the card through my Top Cashback account and £60 has become payable today. It has taken just over 3 months since he applied for the card, so anyone who used Top Cashback, be patient as I have never had any major problems with them.
Hopefully, all those who used Quidco will be getting their payment soon.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by trickster
If you are booking a 2-4-1 I'm pretty sure you have to use you BA Amex card (ie. the one that earned the voucher) to pay the taxes.
Technically, but in practice any Amex can do. It must be an Amex, though - all other payment options are greyed out.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I wrote an email to AMEX yesterday asking about when the 20,000 bonus points will get posted to my account and they said they're in the process of sending out appology letters to people who were affected and didn't get their bonus points or double points bonuses. Does anyone know more about this?

A letter is due to be sent to you apologising for this fault and advising that we expect the matter to be resolved within the next four weeks
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by crystak
I wrote an email to AMEX yesterday asking about when the 20,000 bonus points will get posted to my account and they said they're in the process of sending out appology letters to people who were affected and didn't get their bonus points or double points bonuses. Does anyone know more about this?
I also wrote an e-mail (last week) - the points arrived 24 hours later, no mention of a letter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.