Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Luck BA Cabin Crew

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTraveller
I honestly don't understand people like you that can be content in other people's suffering, just so long as it helps your own agenda. Very sad really
But you don't seem to be bothered by the suffering of the Cabin Attendants as long as you get to your destination.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NWAFA
But you don't seem to be bothered by the suffering of the Cabin Attendants as long as you get to your destination.
Not entirely fair on TuxTraveller. BA CC are paid to do a job which IMHO they do well. That doesn't mean they are suffering or justified in striking however.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Oh the suffering!
Being paid to do a job!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Not entirely fair on TuxTraveller. BA CC are paid to do a job which IMHO they do well. That doesn't mean they are suffering or justified in striking however.
It is your opinion. But I'm quite sure that you don't know all circumstances of all Cabin Attendants. Apparently under the legal system, they are justified in striking.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
But you could argue that they are only on strike thanks to the ineptitude of their union, who have done them few favours.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
But you could argue that they are only on strike thanks to the ineptitude of their union, who have done them few favours.
No, I couldn't. I don't know if their union is inept. Apparently, most of the Cabin Attendants believe in their union. The last I heard, WW was only able to operate approximately 53% of BA's Saturdays departures. And this is only day one.

Updated: http://www.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/03/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Last edited by NWAFA; Mar 20, 2010 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
No, I couldn't. I don't know if their union is inept. Apparently, most of the Cabin Attendants believe in their union. The last I heard, WW was only able to operate approximately 53% of BA's Saturdays departures. And this is only day one.
Alright I will, they're inept, even the British Government aren't that stupid and that's saying something.

Yes it's day one and BA managed to fly so many flights (is that a union figure you quoted) because so many staff, both crew, volunteers and other staff went to work today. They underestimated the numbers who they thought would come into work and are running more services tomorrow as a result.

You'll have to forgive the long pauses but I've given up reading the Union fantasy fiction and am watching some fantasy fiction on television.

Update: It would appear that the union were spoiling for a fight all along (thanks to poorbird for the heads up)

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 20, 2010 at 4:55 pm
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:00 pm

Alright I will, they're inept, even the British Government aren't that stupid and that's saying something.

Yes it's day one and BA managed to fly so many flights (is that a union figure you quoted) because so many staff, both crew, volunteers and other staff went to work today. They underestimated the numbers who they thought would come into work and are running more services tomorrow as a result.

You'll have to forgive the long pauses but I've given up reading the Union fantasy fiction and am watching some fantasy fiction on television.

Update: It would appear that the union were spoiling for a fight all along (thanks to poorbird for the heads up)
Actually, WW was quoted as saying only 50% of the Attendants showed up for work. If I can find the link, I will post it.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which begs another question why did the union spend their members money this week flying to the US to meet with the Teamsters, when a) they had already met them and b) the Teamsters according to the news reports I've seen today aren't involved in cleaning or restocking BA planes in the US.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
You were doing alright until that statement
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

British Airwarys strike crushed. Hundreds of BA crew defy Unite airport walkout - News Of The World

BA Reinstates More Cancelled Flights - Sky News Has the 50% claim in it for NWAFA

BA Strike Continues as Cabin Crew Seek to Block Pay, Staff Cuts
- BusinessWeek
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
You were doing alright until that statement
Okay, so I was being as accurate with the facts as the union are
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:21 pm

Which begs another question why did the union spend their members money this week flying to the US to meet with the Teamsters, when a) they had already met them and b) the Teamsters according to the news reports I've seen today aren't involved in cleaning or restocking BA planes in the US.
Again, I don't know. I'm not privy to the working to their union. I know there was something up with the Teamsters. All I can say is, union solidarity?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:39 pm

Hi,

going on strike was obviously not an easy decision.

Good luck to the crew.

Cheers,
Karen
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:39 pm

The good old NotW have at least informed us of the planned strike on April 14th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.