Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LUX-LGW - Can I bring a tart in my hand luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUX-LGW - Can I bring a tart in my hand luggage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:17 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Its Ms Pucci - or Her Highness to you , Dear! The only mystery to me is that someone with the propensities to stir as you clearly demonstrate has got this far in life and still manages to live and breathe. I will confess that I thought that the temptation would prove too much, but realised that it was St Patrick's day (God the Americans are more into it than the Irish if that is possible - the din in this hotel had me out laying down the law at 2.00am llking like Jordan on a good night.) so he is probably still sleeping it off in some ditch waiting for his Mrs to go to work so that he can crawl back in!

NickB and Johnny5A - you are both now Mucci Gold Class for gastronomis taste. I did not expect to find such delicacies mentioned in a thread about handling tarts.

Me? I have brought choucroutte garnie from my favourite street market (Rue Monceau), Foie Gras, Munster cheese, Cantal Fermier, Saucisses de Toulouse and Strasbourg, Andouillette (and Andouille from a little Charcuterie that I know) - Cervelles d'Agneau are hard to obtain and fiddly to prepare but I have a little Boucher who takes care of that. Charantais melons usually get a special check - but at least all the above are recognised and understood for taste and compliance by the security staff at CDG.
No offence was intended to either party by my slightly mischievous post!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Jimbob247
The girl at security told me it is fine for me to bring my tart next time, but it must not be creamed on.
So a cream pie would be OK?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingbee
However, I was in China recently, eating meals where I had absolutely no idea what food was being brought out. I dread to think what I unknowingly ate.
I have found that "don't ask don't tell" is the best policy with some of the more squeamish eaters...

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
NickB and Johnny5A - you are both now Mucci Gold Class for gastronomis taste. I did not expect to find such delicacies mentioned in a thread about handling tarts.
I am deeply honoured. What can I say? I fear that I have no choice but put my republican feelings in abeyance and bow before Her Supreme Highness.

Re cervelle, I was pleasantly surprised to find it on the menu of a wee Lyon bouchon (and no, I don't mean 'cervelle de canut', although nice enough in its own right, but actual cervelle).

Originally Posted by NSFU
Andouillette. A favourite food and almost a human right to be able to transport it ^
Yes, I think this is what lies behind the understanding behaviour of security staff at French airports. There is often some close inspection and scratching of heads with some food items but they usually let it through on the realisation of what inhumane treatment it would be to deprive a fellow human being of such essentials, especially if one is headed towards a gastronomically challenged region of the world. .
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
No offence was intended to either party by my slightly mischievous post!
Absolutely none was taken - this is the BA Forum. Mischief is the norm! I will consider whether a Muccihood is in order. I will let you know.

xx
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by NickB
I have found that "don't ask don't tell" is the best policy with some of the more squeamish eaters...

I am deeply honoured. What can I say? I fear that I have no choice but put my republican feelings in abeyance and bow before Her Supreme Highness.

Re cervelle, I was pleasantly surprised to find it on the menu of a wee Lyon bouchon (and no, I don't mean 'cervelle de canut', although nice enough in its own right, but actual cervelle).

Yes, I think this is what lies behind the understanding behaviour of security staff at French airports. There is often some close inspection and scratching of heads with some food items but they usually let it through on the realisation of what inhumane treatment it would be to deprive a fellow human being of such essentials, especially if one is headed towards a gastronomically challenged region of the world. .
Don't forget to let Moomba know and add this to your signature.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
The only mystery to me is how Hiddy hasn't spotted this thread yet and added some helpful suggestion that involves a certain Mrs Pucci
Funny you should say that.....

I had thought long and hard on a suitably worded post yesterday but the only thing I could come up with was " I know a old tart who flies regularly with BA without having any problems at security".....A bit obvious so I scrubbed it.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'v managed to avoid this thread, knowing what was inside, but after a bad morning, this and some nice soup are brightening up the day.

Although I've never experienced taking a tart through T5, I have never had any problem taking my salted chocolate balls through (details here)which as they have a rich and creamy liquid centre should be picked up by the scanners.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Funny you should say that.....

I had thought long and hard on a suitably worded post yesterday but the only thing I could come up with was " I know a old tart who flies regularly with BA without having any problems at security".....A bit obvious so I scrubbed it.
A bit lethal so you scrubbed it more like. Call it the saving grace of second thought. I know a 2 ton Moose who gets most irate when the Love of His Life is insulted.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by thegoderic
salted chocolate balls (details here).
thanks for the link...yummy
Old Mar 23, 2010, 4:35 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by flyingbee

However, I was in China recently, eating meals where I had absolutely no idea what food was being brought out. I dread to think what I unknowingly ate.
Yes I have that problem at MacDonalds...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.