Search

Club Europe Meals on Board [LHR-MUC]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Club Europe Meals on Board [LHR-MUC]

Ok. So as some of you will know I usually fly, Domestic, Euro Traveller or Club World.

Yet in a wee while, I have a Club Europe flight to Munich.

I chose an evening flight (for dinner not the dreaded afternoon tea), although it appears I will get a salad on board.

Hence my question:
What do these salads tend to consist of?
Has anyone tried a "special" salad - are these worth considering?

Many thanks in advance as ever,

andset1191
The Youth of the Skies
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by andset1191
Ok. So as some of you will know I usually fly, Domestic, Euro Traveller or Club World.

I chose an evening flight (for dinner not the dreaded afternoon tea), although it appears I will get a salad on board.

Hence my question:

andset1191
The Youth of the Skies
LHR to Munich, this must be the same distance as LHR-ARN? I can never remember these Band categories

Anyway, I had dinner on my last LHR-ARN in CE. I had an excellent beef lasagna with red wine ^
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lobengula
LHR to Munich, this must be the same distance as LHR-ARN? I can never remember these Band categories

Anyway, I had dinner on my last LHR-ARN in CE. I had an excellent beef lasagna with red wine ^
I'd hoped so when I booked - but it turns out that Munich is band 2, Stockholm 3.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
normally it is a fairly modest plated salad maybe with salmon, chicken or something similar, but it is enough for the short flight. Suggest you might take a fast nibble in the airport lounge.

and for reference
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:08 pm

See post #5 of this. Orignally posted by Genius1

Palmer
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I am afraid I am not, off the top of my head, remember what the SPML salads are... I have not seen one in a while... I only remember the chickpea salad as a VGML... If I manage to find out... I will post.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by andset1191

Hence my question:

andset1191
The Youth of the Skies

I flew a few weeks ago LHR->DUS->LHR, and the meal on both legs was a prawn salad.
Just saw that DUS is a band one - being in Germany, I thought it was band 2.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidJBell
I flew a few weeks ago LHR->DUS->LHR, and the meal on both legs was a prawn salad.
Just saw that DUS is a band one - being in Germany, I thought it was band 2.
Banding is not done on country, it is based on distance/flight time. DUS is the only Germany flight that is Band 1...

For example, France has Band 1, 2 and 3 flights in it... So it can vary.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:36 pm

How about Band 2 CE lunches now?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asterix881
How about Band 2 CE lunches now?
Same as dinner. Salad.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:48 am

Unhappy CE LUNCH

Flew LHR-AGP (Band 2?) last week 1140-1525. Had a not-too-bad pork stirfry for lunch - and some nice Malbec! But on the way back (dep AGP @ 1615) the dreaded afternoon tea. I can recall as far as ten years back (when the route was op by GB Airways masquerading as BA) the CC were apologising for the fact that catering was 'only afternoon tea'. Response to customer feedback nil? When will BA wake up to the fact that, when you pay Business prices, meals that were once the norm in economy simply aren't good enough?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 4:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KECKIMAUSDRUCK
Flew LHR-AGP (Band 2?) last week 1140-1525. Had a not-too-bad pork stirfry for lunch - and some nice Malbec! But on the way back (dep AGP @ 1615) the dreaded afternoon tea. I can recall as far as ten years back (when the route was op by GB Airways masquerading as BA) the CC were apologising for the fact that catering was 'only afternoon tea'. Response to customer feedback nil? When will BA wake up to the fact that, when you pay Business prices, meals that were once the norm in economy simply aren't good enough?
Band 3.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by KECKIMAUSDRUCK
Until BA Management stop worrying about strikes and pay attention, try the ploy of ordering a SPML for the afternoon tea flight. I regularly order a seafood which beats the whatsits out of a soggy bit of salmon quiche. Also you get the scones with jam and cream!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.