Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by djwhipps
I just booked my first BA CW seat from PHL to LHR. I wanted to sleep the entire flight and I am deciding which seat to choose. Ideally I would like a forward facing seat, but I am worried that I will be disturbed by the CC serving the passenger next to me.

Does anyone have experience with being disturbed in a forward facing CW seat? Does the CC serve the inside seat directly over the aisle passenger... or over the aisle passenger's feet?
They normally serve the inside seat over the aisle passenger and through the divider (if needed), with the exception of row 20 (and row 14 on Hi-J) where they may step around and serve 20EF from aft of them. They will of course make every effort to be as quiet as they can.

I had one flight in 12J with the Mrs. in 12K, and did wake once when she was being served, but I am a light sleeper.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: BA something, LH something, HHonors something, Sixt something
Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234
Hello

I am booked on the San Diego flight which is a 3 class 777 in CW. I have 5a/c selected. Seat guru does not show row 5. It seems to have the galley in the middle. Are these good seats and does row 5 line up with the window? Would row 4 be better, seat guru suggests this doesn't align with the window but not sure if this is correct

Many thanks
Have you had a look at the BA Forum Dashboard (please take a moment to read this sticky)?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by djwhipps
... but I am worried that I will be disturbed by the CC serving the passenger next to me.
Unfortunately, it's inevitable that there's a real risk of disturbing the aisle passenger when the window passenger is being served. As stifle says, it's easier if the window passenger is in one of the seats where they don't have to step over anyone to get out - that also provides a path for the cabin crew to use. But otherwise, the cabin crew would either have to step over the aisle passenger's feet (very occasionally done), or use the space where the divider would be (much more common); the divider is not silent when it moves, and the cabin crew have to lean anyway and will often touch or brush the aisle passenger.

If you want to sleep all through the flight and don't want the risk of disturbance, a window seat (if you can get one) is definitely the way to go. You will hardly notice that it's not forward facing anyway, if you have an aft facing window seat.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
Seatmap at:

http://thebasource.com/777j48w24y203seatmap.html
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by VH-EAB
Don't think I have ever seen so many toilets onboard one aircraft!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
777 3-class 48J

I'll be on my first flight on one of these next year - any particular recommendations on the best CW seat?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you like the landscapes just avoid row 10 as it has no window to look out from..
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:17 am

Clubworld with infant - 14EF or 64AB?

Hi

My first post here so please be go easy on me

I have been a silent observer for some time and have read many a good thread here with information that just cannot be found anywhere else.

My question relates to a return HKG-LHR flight which has been booked in BA Clubworld (70J). Outward flight is 11.45pm and the return flight is 6.30pm and looking at 12-13hr flights here.

Myself, my wife and our 18-month old son (he will be 18m at the time of flying) will be flying and I’m wondering, once and for all, which are the best seats to fly in for a couple with a young infant??

For the record, he is currently 10m old and has flown several times with no issues – I’m hopeful that this trend continues!!

I currently have 64A/B confirmed but am wondering if it would be better in 14EF/20EF in the middle pairs downstairs (obviously we would like a bassinet seat and I have emailed BA reserving a Britax infant seat)

Here are the pros and cons as I can see them and from reading many good posts here (I more than likely will be wrong on some of these – feel free to correct me)

64A/B
Pros :

- It’s on the upper deck (yay never flown on UD)
- It’s quieter
- There is better storage space then the lower deck
- A lot of people think 64A is the best seat in Clubworld
- Given the layout of the seats it may mean that my wife and I could rotate through 64A to ‘entertain’ our son without disturbing the other (ie the other could get some sleep)
- Did I mention it’s on the upper deck

Cons :- Its upstairs which may create problems with a toddler?
- The seats face each other which I assume means only one parent will have access to the child bassinet/infant seat?
- It’s quieter which means if my son does play up it may cause more angst among fellow UD pax (not that this really concerns me as people are pretty understanding right ….. right???!!
- My wife and I will be physically separated (I know some of you might think this is a pro and there are times when I would agree)

14EF or 20 EF
Pros:
- Me and wife are both seated together –possible cocoon effect when divider is down?
- Both of us can see and entertain our child
- There will be some sort of ‘play space’ created by the layout
- Might be easier to ‘contain’ our son given he will be fully mobile
- He can’t fall down any stairs?
- More chance of getting a spare seat next to us so that my son can have his own bed?

Cons:- noisier cabin
- less storage space
- wife and I will be served by different servers (have heard of this as an issue?!)
- It’s just the boring main deck and I’ve never travelled on the UD

So which is it going to be 14EF (or 20EF) or 64AB???

I’m completely torn and would like some advice especially from those who have faced this dilemma – thanks in advance!!

Flash
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:23 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
I'm sure those more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly (weather permitting), but I was under the impression that the UD bassinets were no longer used ???
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:25 am

In your situation, my vote is lower deck. I think you will appreciate the added space, privacy and being seated next to each other.

See the following pictures:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Briti...6ec7daef54b08d

Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Rickers
I'm sure those more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly (weather permitting), but I was under the impression that the UD bassinets were no longer used ???
Correct.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think the lower deck will work best as both of you can entertain your son and there is larger floor area for him to play in.
You cannot reserve the Britax seat only the bassinet position, the crew on the day will offer you one as these as the cot is too small for an 18 month old.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:23 am

Having tried both your available options, I'd go for the lower deck bulkhead pair.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you
15A is not a cot seat
Since when...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.