Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by ediYank
a shame as that will prevent you from going to any major British city ever
I live in the country side, so that's fine
Old Oct 16, 2009, 5:36 am
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by stut
Or, on one occasion in the Holideck lounge in T4, some negotiating tactics for investors dealing with a small company that a friend of mine was heavily involved in. A quick, quiet phonecall relayed that conversation to my friend, and we boarded while the negotiations were due to take place.

After landing, I must admit to projecting my voice unnecessarily as I phoned up to ask my friend how the negotiations went, and if my overheard information was useful to him.
Incredible that some people just don't think that they may be overheard by people who their conversation might something to.

I've bumped into people I know in lounges far too many times - it's probably one of worst places I could choose to have a sensitive conversation.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Gaz
Quite, and said shouters are never talking about anything interesting that you'd actually want to overhear. It's always crashingly dull derivatives or some other mundane financial industry rubbish. The sort of conversation I've heard hundreds of times before in various airport lounges, yet those engaged in them always seem to think there's never been a conversation of more weight and importance in all of history.

More than once I've been tempted to go and tell people "you RUINED our banking system, and now you're RUINING my morning when I'm trying to read the paper"
I do remember hearing in a train carriage a guy saying that there was a bit of a liquidity problem in the money markets but it'll all be over in 3 weeks...that was spring 2008!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ajax
That is one thing which I have never been able to understand, when a person (on a mobile) or a group of people have a very loud conversation in an otherwise quiet environment (like a train carriage, or an airport lounge) and seem oblivious to the fact that they are disturbing everyone around them.

Maybe they don't care?

Maybe they want attention?

I feel your pain.
I have a colleague with a different problem...he has the sort of voice which you can hear above absolutely everybody else in a room, even a crowded one. It gets very irritating, not least because his opinion are very irritating.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do think nationality has something to do with it. Here, everyone talks loudly and over the top of each other - get a bunch of women together and it's bedlam.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Originally Posted by BA Loyal
My vote goes to "somewhere across the Atlantic"...
I could say something here but for the sake of being civil and not a "Loud Mouth" I won't. However, I will point out there ARE loud and rude people from every country.

As for Hiddy your right.^ tequila + sorority girls = loud and annoying
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Didn't know they drunk much tequila in Argentina. Not sure HIDDY is talking about sorority girls either.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
However, I will point out there ARE loud and rude people from every country.
Indeed.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Didn't know they drunk much tequila in Argentina. Not sure HIDDY is talking about sorority girls either.
I meant a large group of drunk girls. Although a large group of drunk guys could be annoying as well
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:42 am

I think it's more cultural than anything else...
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No alcohol needed here to boost the volume......they're just loud by nature.

Sorority girls?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Sorority girls?
here you go hiddy got this from urban dictionary

A sorority girl is a female college student belonging to a social sorority. She may or may not live in a sorority house. She will normally be seen wearing Chanel sunglasses, a Northface jacket, and bag representing her sorority's letters. Sorority girls are typically high maintenance and very uppity. Most are white middle and upper middle class girls that are spoiled and extrememly materialistic. These bleach blondes are extremely loud and spend most of their time shopping and partying with frat boys. Sorority girls are most often teases. Sorority girls are sometimes extremely protective of their sorority sisters and can only be distracted by a professional wing man.

"I went to a party and all of the girls were blonde spoiled suburbanite zombies."

"Yeah dude, they were total sorority girls."
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ediYank
a shame as that will prevent you from going to any major British city ever
Well, if you don't like it, you can always bugger off back home

Bloody foreigners.

Maybe we could do a swap, I'll go back to Edinburgh, and you can come to New Jersey!

Cheers,
Rick
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:17 am

here you go hiddy got this from urban dictionary
Thanks.........haven't come across any of them here. All teenage girls talk/SHOUT extremely loudly whether sorority or not.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by johnny5a
Not sure if this has been covered but I'm sitting in the corner of GF and there are group of gentlemen who are sat opposite each other 2.5 metres gap.
Hey, I was in GF this morning at the same time. These guys weren't around the set of 4 computers (near the dining area) were they, because there were a couple of loud guys there. I think they were in the financial sector, although didn't look like bankers!

I arrived about 8:00am and departed GF about 9:45.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.