Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Galleries - How loud can you talk?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 3:27 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Yes. American ICBMs. My source is an American mathematician who is an expert in modelling fires and not prone to make jokes.
Could this be the same US expert who said Iran was crawling with Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 5:54 pm

I think the stereotype of Americans being loud is ludicrous.
After all their President has just won a deserved Nobel Peace Prize.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Wow, an impressive story. I suppose we should all stand up to the loud bellowers in various parts of our life (be they stupid ppl chatting about their sex life, or business ppl trying to tell everyone how important they are and which deals they are currently trying to make).

Unfortunately I belong to the group of "I'd post about it here", rather than challenge. Have already had one fist swung at me in the few months in London (a drug addled bloke who got rejected from a kebab shop - lol - "whatya looking at!" ), and unfortunately I think more of the same would occur if I was to challenge lounge lizards.
Dearest, if you were married to Him Indoors you would long ago have been subjected to "looks". When he heard about Rich Bltch's outburst his remark was on the line " If you ever conducted yourself like that, I would disown you. May your sister never suffer from arthritis of the jaw, she would be in agony"

Her Bed Mate usually tried to find a convenient sofa to crawl under. That said he is a very successful businessman (Him Indoors says "Barrow Boy Made Good") but he cringes when her tongue.

My sister is generous to a fault, impetuous, loving, and has zero tolerance of what she considers bad or rude behaviour. I wish that I could be as uncompromising - she would have lasted 10 mins at this job.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Originally Posted by hammythehammer
After all their President has just won a deserved Nobel Peace Prize.
lol I can't figure that one out either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.