Wiki Posts
Search

Buying DC Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Originally Posted by Pacha
Hi Rickshaw,

may I ask what type of credit card and browser you used? I tried AX and MC on IE and firefox to no avail today....
I used an Amex card and IE.

Maybe worth going into IE and clearing cookies & temprary internet files etc.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by TheAirman
[...] I didn't have to switch the Windows locale, only the firefox seeting, but finally it worked. Thanks so much !
BTW, thank you both OxonFlyer and TheAirman. Great hint regarding the local settings as I got the same error message when trying to purchase miles and the prices were also listed in the mentioned format of £0.12... And now it works!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
^

Maybe I should give up the day job and run an IT website support desk instead.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Hello,

which settings should I change to get the transaction done? Is it then possible to get the 1000 miles for only 0,12 GBP?

regards,
flo
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Thumbs up

Which browser are you using?

On a side note, just purchased 11k miles for him indoors, they they processed and credited in less than 3 minutes! Huzzah, something that works! ^
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:07 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Question limit for "buy miles for a friend" raised?

Was the limit for gifting miles to a friend raised recently? I'm asking because when this option was promoted it was clearly stated that one was only able to gift up to 20.000 miles in any 12 months. However, when I logged into my account today and went to the "buy miles" link the following information was provided:

The receipent must be a diamond club member in order to receive destinations miles.
The maximum number of destination miles that can be purchased as a gift or received as a gift in any 12 month period is 80,000 destination miles per diamond club account.
Destinations miles can only be purchased online in deminations of 1,000.
Purchased destinations miles are non transferable and non refundable.

Did I miss something or was this discussed before? I couldn't find anyhting with a quick search, but hey, it's Saturday morning...
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Which browser are you using?
Hello,

I am using FireFox. But I always get an error page with loads of different US city codes etc.
Yesterday I tried it with another IP address (I used TOR) and then it worked well. The drawback was, that I was not able to buy ie 1,000 miles for 0,12 GBP instead of the original 12 GBP.

Is it possible to buy those miles for 0,12 GBP? If yes, which are the firefox settings (and do I also need a UK IP address?)?

PS: You can also PM me...

regards,
flo
Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:52 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Was the limit for gifting miles to a friend raised recently? I'm asking because when this option was promoted it was clearly stated that one was only able to gift up to 20.000 miles in any 12 months. However, when I logged into my account today and went to the "buy miles" link the following information was provided:

The receipent must be a diamond club member in order to receive destinations miles.
The maximum number of destination miles that can be purchased as a gift or received as a gift in any 12 month period is 80,000 destination miles per diamond club account.

Did I miss something or was this discussed before? I couldn't find anyhting with a quick search, but hey, it's Saturday morning...
I noticed that last night too.

flo_147 I don't know where you got those figures from but the price is £12GBP per 1,000 miles.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1

They added this new information, so it appears they raised the limit. However, in the purchase menu the maximum is still 20,000. I guess that they either have to update the system OR the miles must be purchased in different installments.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by simon stingray
Has anyone actually managed to purchase additional miles on the website?

Everytime I click on the link to purchase miles, the page only loads halfway and thats as far as I get.

Been trying now for days without sucess-mentioned this to the DC call centre when I was booking an award ticket but the agent couldn't help.

Anyone know if there is a number I can call or mail to request this
Same situation for me, now! :-(

Did anyone manage to buy miles the last days?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Dennis
Same situation for me, now! :-(

Did anyone manage to buy miles the last days?
Nobody here bought miles the last days?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 5:44 pm

Nobody here bought miles the last days?
Did really nobody experience difficulties buying miles the last days?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Did really nobody experience difficulties buying miles the last days?
If you're using anything other than IE, that's more than likely your problem. Also make sure you are on the UK site, no other version.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
If you're using anything other than IE, that's more than likely your problem. Also make sure you are on the UK site, no other version.
Thanks, but I tried everything now. Starting from all suggestions described here up to using IE7 (even IE8 Beta2), Firefox and Google Chrome.
Using UK as country and even changing country of living to UK!
So, still my question, if anybody was able to buy miles the last days?!
(I really appreciate any new ideas for solving this issue)
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
And the solution is.... IP!!!
It is not possible for me to buy Miles with an IP within/from Germany!
But a friend (from another country) was able to do that for the same account!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.