Buying DC Miles

Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Buying DC Miles

Has anyone actually managed to purchase additional miles on the website?

Everytime I click on the link to purchase miles, the page only loads halfway and thats as far as I get.

Been trying now for days without sucess-mentioned this to the DC call centre when I was booking an award ticket but the agent couldn't help.

Anyone know if there is a number I can call or mail to request this
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by simon stingray
Has anyone actually managed to purchase additional miles on the website?
Yes, I and a couple of friends have bought miles for both self and as gifts for others without any difficulty - all over the last few weeks or so. I've just tried it again now and all pages loaded with no problem, although I stopped short of the final click to actually buy the miles.

Have you tried something as basic as using a different computer? There may be something in your set-up which prevents the pages loading properly.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply corpt.

You're obviously correct as I tried again just a couple of minutes before starting this thread and still no luck.

I'll try again on another computer@:-)

Simon
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Or maybe a different type of browser e.g. Firefox?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:46 am

I managed to buy two lots yesterday. However, I did experience a similar issue that you experienced in both Firefox and IE yesterday around midday. In both instances I was able to resolve the problem by restarting the browser session.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:43 am

Hi, I understand that some posters have been able to buy and gift DC miles. Like many others, I have not been able to complete the process on the DC website.

I am 500 miles short for an award and would like to know if anyone would be willing to gift me 1000 miles, since they have been able to do so earlier? I would transfer the cost to you beforehand so there would be no risk involved for you.

When I try to purchase miles it says 1,000 miles = £0.12, which I assume is an error since posters mentioned that 1,000 miles = £12 + £15 in transaction fees. I only require 1,000 miles and would transfer £27 to your account if you are interested in helping me out. Send me a PM.

Kind regards, galaba

If this post is in violation of T&C, please feel free to delete.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
I can't get it to work at all either. At work it doesn't work and on my home mac using Safari it doesn't work either.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Morgo
I managed to buy two lots yesterday.
Same here.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by galaba
Hi, I understand that some posters have been able to buy and gift DC miles. Like many others, I have not been able to complete the process on the DC website.

I am 500 miles short for an award and would like to know if anyone would be willing to gift me 1000 miles, since they have been able to do so earlier? I would transfer the cost to you beforehand so there would be no risk involved for you.

When I try to purchase miles it says 1,000 miles = 0.12, which I assume is an error since posters mentioned that 1,000 miles = 12 + 15 in transaction fees. I only require 1,000 miles and would transfer 27 to your account if you are interested in helping me out. Send me a PM.

Kind regards, galaba

If this post is in violation of T&C, please feel free to delete.

Cant you do it over the phone instead?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:52 am

Not a bad suggestion. I'll give it a try.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:41 pm

I've been unable to purchase for over a fortnight, using a variety of different cards. All were AMEX however and, as soon as I tried a MasterCard the other day, all was well and the transaction went straight through.

Bit of a blinder now that the bmi card is, er, AMEX
Old Mar 28, 2008, 7:39 pm

I was not able to use an amex ( non-BMI) for the miles, but no problems with mastercard.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I never really paid attention to this feature but it's amazing !

20K miles are 255 GBP and for 25K plus cash I get a oneway F LAX-FRA on LH.

What a bargain ! About 500 GBP for a oneway F ticket ^
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I never really paid attention to this feature but it's amazing !

20K miles are 255 GBP and for 25K plus cash I get a oneway F LAX-FRA on LH.

What a bargain ! About 500 GBP for a oneway F ticket ^
Sssshhhhh!!
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aurigakb
I was not able to use an amex ( non-BMI) for the miles, but no problems with mastercard.
I eventually had to use my brothers laptop to get the page to load but then it wouldn't accept either of my parents brand new BMI Amex cards. They had been activated and already used with Hertz. I ended up using my Mastercard.

I know a lot of places won't accept American Express but its a bit of a bad do when even BMI won't accept accept a BMI Amex Card

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.