FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Buying DC Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/795841-buying-dc-miles.html)

simon stingray Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Buying DC Miles

Has anyone actually managed to purchase additional miles on the website?

Everytime I click on the link to purchase miles, the page only loads halfway and thats as far as I get.

Been trying now for days without sucess-mentioned this to the DC call centre when I was booking an award ticket but the agent couldn't help.

Anyone know if there is a number I can call or mail to request this:confused:

Corpt Feb 28, 2008 11:08 am

Originally Posted by simon stingray (Post 9330496)
Has anyone actually managed to purchase additional miles on the website?

Yes, I and a couple of friends have bought miles for both self and as gifts for others without any difficulty - all over the last few weeks or so. I've just tried it again now and all pages loaded with no problem, although I stopped short of the final click to actually buy the miles.

Have you tried something as basic as using a different computer? There may be something in your set-up which prevents the pages loading properly.

simon stingray Feb 28, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks for the quick reply corpt.

You're obviously correct as I tried again just a couple of minutes before starting this thread and still no luck.

I'll try again on another computer@:-)

Simon

Mr_Bigglesworth Feb 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Or maybe a different type of browser e.g. Firefox?

Morgo Feb 29, 2008 12:46 am

I managed to buy two lots yesterday. However, I did experience a similar issue that you experienced in both Firefox and IE yesterday around midday. In both instances I was able to resolve the problem by restarting the browser session.

galaba Mar 27, 2008 10:43 am

Hi, I understand that some posters have been able to buy and gift DC miles. Like many others, I have not been able to complete the process on the DC website.

I am 500 miles short for an award and would like to know if anyone would be willing to gift me 1000 miles, since they have been able to do so earlier? I would transfer the cost to you beforehand so there would be no risk involved for you.

When I try to purchase miles it says 1,000 miles = £0.12, which I assume is an error since posters mentioned that 1,000 miles = £12 + £15 in transaction fees. I only require 1,000 miles and would transfer £27 to your account if you are interested in helping me out. Send me a PM.

Kind regards, galaba

If this post is in violation of T&C, please feel free to delete.

Scotland Mar 27, 2008 11:33 pm

I can't get it to work at all either. At work it doesn't work and on my home mac using Safari it doesn't work either.

clubman Mar 28, 2008 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Morgo (Post 9334312)
I managed to buy two lots yesterday.

Same here.

kryten22uk Mar 28, 2008 7:13 am

Originally Posted by galaba (Post 9475061)
Hi, I understand that some posters have been able to buy and gift DC miles. Like many others, I have not been able to complete the process on the DC website.

I am 500 miles short for an award and would like to know if anyone would be willing to gift me 1000 miles, since they have been able to do so earlier? I would transfer the cost to you beforehand so there would be no risk involved for you.

When I try to purchase miles it says 1,000 miles = £0.12, which I assume is an error since posters mentioned that 1,000 miles = £12 + £15 in transaction fees. I only require 1,000 miles and would transfer £27 to your account if you are interested in helping me out. Send me a PM.

Kind regards, galaba

If this post is in violation of T&C, please feel free to delete.

Cant you do it over the phone instead?

galaba Mar 28, 2008 11:52 am

Not a bad suggestion. I'll give it a try. :)

continentalclub Mar 28, 2008 2:41 pm

I've been unable to purchase for over a fortnight, using a variety of different cards. All were AMEX however and, as soon as I tried a MasterCard the other day, all was well and the transaction went straight through.

Bit of a blinder now that the bmi card is, er, AMEX :confused:

aurigakb Mar 28, 2008 7:39 pm

I was not able to use an amex ( non-BMI) for the miles, but no problems with mastercard.

skywalkerLAX Mar 29, 2008 4:49 am

I never really paid attention to this feature but it's amazing !

20K miles are 255 GBP and for 25K plus cash I get a oneway F LAX-FRA on LH.

What a bargain ! About 500 GBP for a oneway F ticket ^

Corpt Mar 29, 2008 5:28 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 9484477)
I never really paid attention to this feature but it's amazing !

20K miles are 255 GBP and for 25K plus cash I get a oneway F LAX-FRA on LH.

What a bargain ! About 500 GBP for a oneway F ticket ^

Sssshhhhh!!:D;)

simon stingray Mar 29, 2008 5:37 am

Originally Posted by aurigakb (Post 9483403)
I was not able to use an amex ( non-BMI) for the miles, but no problems with mastercard.

I eventually had to use my brothers laptop to get the page to load but then it wouldn't accept either of my parents brand new BMI Amex cards. They had been activated and already used with Hertz. I ended up using my Mastercard.

I know a lot of places won't accept American Express but its a bit of a bad do when even BMI won't accept accept a BMI Amex Card:rolleyes: