Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Definitive guide to the bmi Mastercard 20000 mile deal + guide to redeeming bmi miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Definitive guide to the bmi Mastercard 20000 mile deal + guide to redeeming bmi miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 6:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
On a one-way award using BMI miles I've done stopover and destination as follows: CPH-LHR-IAD-ORD-MSP, MSP-ORD-YYZ. The allowance to backtrack through ORD was quite nice.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:47 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by blindman
Please explain, but I don't think it matters, you could ring them up and confirm what number they have for your BMI account.
When you cancel cards, you can still login. If you login you can import your new account number. If you import your new account number before you spend - when you make your first spend on your new card, the 20k points goes straight to the BMI account you registered for your first MBNA credit card.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:23 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uk1
When you cancel cards, you can still login. If you login you can import your new account number. If you import your new account number before you spend - when you make your first spend on your new card, the 20k points goes straight to the BMI account you registered for your first MBNA credit card.
Hiya

I've had a look around the MBNA site but I couldn't find where to input the correct BMI DC number - can you help me out?!

Cheers

Alan
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You need to apply through the BMI site, under Partners, Credit Cards. There will be a box for your number.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hi Raffles

Thanks for the reply. When I read your previous post I had thought you meant there was a way to correct the bmi DC number after the a/c was opened, using the MBNA website. I did enter my DC number when I applied for the card but for some reason they decided to ignore it and create another account for me! Will need to get it amalgamated in the future by bmi I guess.

Alan
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:16 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Hiya

I've had a look around the MBNA site but I couldn't find where to input the correct BMI DC number - can you help me out?!

Cheers

Alan

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Hi Raffles

Thanks for the reply. When I read your previous post I had thought you meant there was a way to correct the bmi DC number after the a/c was opened, using the MBNA website. I did enter my DC number when I applied for the card but for some reason they decided to ignore it and create another account for me! Will need to get it amalgamated in the future by bmi I guess.

Alan

It says on the first or second page "Register additional cards" - on the page I'm looking at it's on the rt hnd sde:

Want the convenience of Internet access for all your MBNA Credit Card accounts? Simply click on Register Additional Account and enter the requested information.

So long as the info you provided on the second application matches the first - it will accept it and then use your current BMI account.

Jeff
Old Dec 20, 2006, 1:49 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
alanjrobertson

If you now have 2 diamond club membership numbers you will need to get us to cancel one of these. Please email me at [email protected] with the number you want to keep and the one to cancel, I'll do this for you and make sure MBNA know the number they need to use for future credits.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by diamond club
alanjrobertson

If you now have 2 diamond club membership numbers you will need to get us to cancel one of these. Please email me at [email protected] with the number you want to keep and the one to cancel, I'll do this for you and make sure MBNA know the number they need to use for future credits.
diamond club, thank you for offering to do this for Alan. I will also be in this situation in a couple of weeks, and I'd be grateful if you'd be kind enough to merge my two accounts as well. I will email in due course. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 6:02 pm
Suspended

I'm looking for answers to the following two questions:

1. Does BMI permit free stopovers on intra-North America (i.e., Zone 3 to Zone 3) awards and other intra-zone (e.g., Zone 7 to Zone 7, Zone 4 to Zone 4, etc.) awards, other than intra-Zone 1 or intra-Zone 2 trips?

2.For the one-way EWR-CPH-BRU trip, how many miles would that be in coach?

I know the my last one-way BRU-CPH-EWR redemption was 25,000 miles.

(With regards to question 2, I'm curious if there's an additional 7500 miles charge per connection within Europe, meaning an additional 7500 miles for the CPH-BRU segment makes EWR-CPH-BRU a 32,500 miles award.)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 26, 2006 at 8:09 pm
Old Dec 27, 2006, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm looking for answers to the following two questions:
Hope I can help...

1. Does BMI permit free stopovers on intra-North America (i.e., Zone 3 to Zone 3) awards and other intra-zone (e.g., Zone 7 to Zone 7, Zone 4 to Zone 4, etc.) awards, other than intra-Zone 1 or intra-Zone 2 trips?
Yes, I believe you can have a free stopover with any redemption (including same zone trips - as long as its outside the UK/Europe)

2.For the one-way EWR-CPH-BRU trip, how many miles would that be in coach?
EWR is in Zone 3 and BRU in Zone 1, so that's 22,500 miles one-way in Y. You are though far better off to use cash+miles which is 12,500 miles + £70 one way in Y, or 18,750 miles + £105 in J or even 25,000 miles + £140 for F!! So in brief, for 2,500 miles more and £140 you could travel from EWR to CPH in First class and then CPH to BRU in Business class! Bargain :-:
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
So in brief, for 2,500 miles more and £140 you could travel from EWR to CPH in First class and then CPH to BRU in Business class! Bargain :-:
Or at least you could if anyone flew EWR-CPH with an F cabin
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA97
Or at least you could if anyone flew EWR-CPH with an F cabin
(SAS doesn't have first, but the points are well taken. )

NYC/WAS-FRA-BRU, where NYC/WAS-FRA in first class and FRA-BRU in business class, for 25,000 miles + £140 in First on the long-haul sounds great.

So if I got this correct, when the final destination is within Europe but the trip originates outside Europe, there's no additional mileage charged for the intra-European connections.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I have now updated the OP with a few corrections, and a few suggestions provided by other FTers both on this thread and by PM to me. Thanks for all your input!!

As always, if there are any furtehr suggestions/comments, please post here or feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Lewis
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Option 1) Use the card for a couple of months at places that don’t take Amex (e.g. John Lewis grrrr), which will earn you 1.5 BMI miles for every pound you spend.
Am I missing something maybe? Isn't Amex 1:1, whereas the MBNA card is 1:1.5...? So why would you put transactions on Amex if you earn 1/3rd less points?
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by DarrenT
Am I missing something maybe? Isn't Amex 1:1, whereas the MBNA card is 1:1.5...? So why would you put transactions on Amex if you earn 1/3rd less points?
This is a reference to the BA Amex card, which many UK fliers use as their primary credit card because of the '2 for 1' voucher when you hit £10k spend in a year. If you want to delay triggering your voucher, you can hide away your Amex and switch to the BMI card, accumulating some BMI miles for a change!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.