Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BD16 this morning

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Has the 732 been thrown away yet or are BMI still pouring juice into the gas guzzling relic?
Old Aug 5, 2003, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Seems to have at least gone from the LHR-GLA route -- the A321 is back for the BD16 so I assume it is gone completely.

BC
Old Aug 5, 2003, 2:41 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Nope - it was still on LHR > EDI yesterday.

Incidentally - if you check with the CAA's aircraft register - that aircraft, G-CEAI, was built in 1975. That makes it even older than Ryanair's 737-200 fleet (that even they've been getting rid of gradually).

It was originally registered OO-SDN, and I'd guess it's had about a tonne of paint on it since it was built with the amount of times it's changed hands...

Although aircraft can fly for a lot longer than 30 years, it doesn't look particularly good for an airline with a reputation for using one of the "newest fleets" to be sending passengers on a plane made 3 decades ago...!

Old Aug 5, 2003, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by preiffer:
Although aircraft can fly for a lot longer than 30 years, it doesn't look particularly good for an airline with a reputation for using one of the "newest fleets" to be sending passengers on a plane made 3 decades ago...!
</font>
Yep. And in any case ISTR from looking at the register that its certificate expires in a couple of years. I rather doubt it is going to be extended!

I wouldn't care so much about it being an old plane if the interior was bmi standard or even something approaching it. And if the service was adequate. And if it had 2-3 in C class. And... I've just managed to raise my bloodpressure again .

BC
Old Aug 5, 2003, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by preiffer:
It was originally registered OO-SDN, and I'd guess it's had about a tonne of paint on it since it was built with the amount of times it's changed hands...</font>
By what I saw of it, it's just as well the paint is there or it would fall to bits.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
Hi Chaps,

Just to let you know that I was in GLA last w/e and was booked on a cheapy V fare (Bloody cut backs...) for the 1705 to LHR, anyhow I got to the airport 2hrs early and saw that that the 15.05 was delayed. So I asked to fly standby on that...well having no status etc. I expected no and that was what I got! Still imagine my delight (and believe me I don't get thrills from other peoples displeasure!) when the 15.05 left 40 mins before mine and it was that piece of junk that is called BD16! I know that I cannot complain as I don't do much internal flying but my god did it take forever to leave the gate and what a noise!

I'm so glad I missed it and that I didn't spend 200 GBP + for the chance to fly on something I last flew to Turkey back in 1990!

I really hope they have replaced that junk, I haven't seen something that old and crappy since I flew a lot in the US last year.

Only my 2p's worth!

Benjurs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.