Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forum Closure December 31st

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Yep, farewell BMI forum.

All the good folks here helped me:

- achieve my first ever status with any airline - shortly before LH introduced mileage thievery

- make my first ever redemption - LH First to Dubai on the 744

- take my friend and I on a redemption trip in AC Exec First to Toronto

..and a whole host of other useful snippets whilst flying from LBA to LHR or EDI (remember the afternoon tea on the F100?!)

BMI was a beautiful thing.

TTFN

Neil
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
And a thank you to the Mod team for doing all the work until The End
And of course a big thank you to the former moderators who didn't quite make it to the end
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
Forum Closure December 31st

It's too late to hear the twix story ?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by ajamieson
And a thank you to the Mod team for doing all the work until The End
Aw, shucks. It was always a pleasure here.

I am overjoyed to see so many old friends dropping by today - we hit a 'recent record' of 50 users online this afternoon - it hasn't been that high in years!

And now as things wrap up, I have to say I am impressed that one gentleman's agreement was never broken - and the veil of silence remains over the pile of unused 3D TVs, toasters and blenders...

I've made several Thank You posts over the last two years, so I won't recite the Litany of the Saints, but my final post on this forum will simply finish thus:

High flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Ho'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through the footless halls of air.
Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew.
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee Jr (1922 - 1941)

Cannot believe it's over...

Wherever life brings you now, I'd like to wish you all safe landings and Godspeed, my friends.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ten years ago, when I was studying in Europe, I was regularly flying bmi. At that time, I was able to learn a lot here about BD's operations and also managed to score a bunch of awesomely-priced tickets to bum around the Continent.

So, a big thank you to you all! I hope my contributions back then were of some value, haha.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:12 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
GoldCircle, it'll never be over. As we all know, BD - and, more specifically, Jo and Keeley - was always more a family than an airline.

That spirit will always live on with those of us who actually set foot on her metal, and - as ajamieson said - whenever we see a little remaining part of the airline on board we take heart.

Besides which, we surely can't go out without a final do at the Glasshouse Stores - it's your civic duty to make it happen :-)
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
As we all know, BD - and, more specifically, Jo and Keeley - was always more a family than an airline.

That spirit will always live on with those of us who actually set foot on her metal,
Never a truer word spoken ^
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
GoldCircle, it'll never be over. As we all know, BD - and, more specifically, Jo and Keeley - was always more a family than an airline.
+1
^
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That spirit will always live on with those of us who actually set foot on her metal, and - as ajamieson said - whenever we see a little remaining part of the airline on board we take heart.
Indeed. Earlier this month I saw the bmi logo on a BA BHD-LHR and last month there was a BD codeshare number still lurking on some SK flights on the screens at CPH. I may never have had any of the stinking great redemptions that went around, but flying bmi was a fun experience.

Goodbye all.

Last edited by stifle; Dec 31, 2013 at 5:13 pm Reason: stealing last edit from jbfield
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:37 pm
soy

Programs: various
Sad that its the end, but great memories and experiences along the way. Thanks to all who contributed over the years especially the DC staff at HQ
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Farewell BMI.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Farewell and thank you to all those who've been part of the experience that was bmi Diamond Club and this forum.
It would sound melodramatic to those that weren't in the know, but it truly was life altering - if not for bmi, Diamond Club and this forum, I'd not have the same perspective on this world that I do today. It really has made it a small place; both the ability to travel to what many consider far away places, as well as making the distance been airline and customer that much closer.

All the best to all your future endeavours.

Last edited by jbfield; Dec 31, 2013 at 5:00 pm Reason: Might not make the last post - but how about the last edit?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Someone, distribute the toasties..quick!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
BMI. My favorite GOLD card.

And I actually did fly them once on LHR-DUB!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.