Search

Forum Closure December 31st

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:04 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by DELLAS

As they say ''Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all''
Indeed, sums up my experience with BD. Came late in the day, but got 4x more out of the last 2yrs with BD/ *, than the previous 5 with FB/ Skyteam. Thank God for the FB fools day massacre that forced me to review what I was doing with my miles

Last edited by soy; Dec 28, 2013 at 9:55 pm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Forum Closure December 31st

I already miss my monthly first class mileage runs to San Juan, Puerto Rico for 625% miles and explaining the programme to friends. Thanks to all who made flying and redeeming BD a rewarding experience. I wish for more Avios mistakes in the next year. MH F for the price of Y was pretty awesome. Good luck to all.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
/me waves goodbye

Not the same outside of bmi and there isn't the same opportunity to visit more interesting places like Jordan, Armenia, Georgia, Kathmamdu and Khabarovsk.

Bmi will be missed as my first real FFP!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
"Goodnight Johnboy"...
Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:53 pm

From my first trip as an 11 year old riding the jump seat from EMA to GLA and back on a DC9 on bonfire night (my best mates dad was the pilot) to wonderful trips from MAN to BGI with many, many, work trips from LBA to LHR and back I have nothing but fond memories of British Midland.

Thank you to all on the ground, in the skies and at Donnington Hall for giving me such memorable travels with such happy memories.

Although you are gone, you will never be forgotten.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
How sad! bmi was such a good program!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:32 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks to the Mod team and everybody who has posted in this wonderful forum. It will be missed.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Unhappy The end of something good!!

My first big international trip, all thanks to this board and Diamond Club, you all will be missed!! Thanks for everything!!!!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
A final few words of thanks from me as well.

Thanks to the fantastic staff of bmi (especially the Diamond Club team!) who got us from A to B, as well as all around the world on award tickets.
Thanks to Dennis in Pune just for being Dennis. Without him, it just wouldn't have been a challenge to get a ticket booked.
Thanks for all of the holidays booked in cabins I wouldn't have imagined when I stumbled upon FT.
Thanks for all of the random MRs and needles trips away just to fuel the mileage addiction and keep the DC balance ticking over.
Thanks to BA for the Gold card when they took over. They looked after us even though they didn't need to, so worth mentioning here.
Thanks to the FT mods for their light touch moderating the forum and keeping things in good shape.
Thanks to all of the contributors who made this a fun (and sometimes frustrating!) place to hang around.
Thanks to the friends made away from the forum as a result of hanging around here for far too long.
And finally thanks to Flyertalk for hosting what I (biasedly) believe was the best forum around during its pomp.

It was a blast. Thanks for having me!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: TfL Oyster Gold
Goodbyeee

Diamond Club, Joanna and the Diamond Club board will be missed by me. They allowed me some great experiences.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Well in the words of a BMI LolCat....

Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: not a lot
A final thanks to all. I got a mention in the final TalkMail of the year as well.

This forum closes today, my BA Gold expires properly today, good job I start a new working from home job from tomorrow.

Hope 2014 and beyond is fantastic for everyone.

Bye
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As the sun sets....

Rarotonga, stopover on a wonderful round-the-world NZ C / TG F redemption.

It's just not the same without DC, is it ?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
This game isn't as fun as it was.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who's taken part in the show over the years and witnessed the joys, the tears and the tantrums...right here on this very forum. Thanks to bmi diamond club and the whole team in Pune - special mention to Shita - you were the best. Thanks also to the guy doing the soothing voiceover on the line as we waited to connect to Pune. Special thanks to our very own Joanna. And Keeley too.

Thanks to National Rail.

Thanks to the East Midlands (in general).

Thanks to Santa for upgrading us to First Class on Singapore Airlines JFK-FRA on a bmi redemption 5 years ago on Boxing day without charging us the extra bmi miles.

Thanks to the Royal Mail who have delivered everything from shiny cards and luggage tags and GUVs to the endless promotional material and Economist magazines which went untouched.

And finally thank you to everyone who has participated on this forum, including the little kittens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.