Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Moomba

I rang them this morning and was told there is no email address associated with my account. Well how the hell did you send me a reset password?
I think the system is deleting the email address when a password request is being sent through.

I requested a password reset and it took my email address but I couldnt then log in using those details. Just did another password reset and got

"Email Address Entered is Incorrect, Please Check and Try Again."

and I also get that if I try to use the contact us part of the site.

Paul..
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Well I'm having mega problems.

Enter diamond club number and password and I get "the details you have entered are incorrect".

When I try to reset my password I get "unexpected server error".

Anyone else in my boat?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Your DC number won't work, you need your e-mail address instead
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Tried that too. "Incorrect under name/password".

Probably going to have to make a phone call, hey?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Your DC number won't work, you need your e-mail address instead
A possible tip for those not sure what email address is being used...

I have a number of addresses that our corporate email system diverts to the same place, such as ef+nowhere.com and esher+nowhere.com. I can't see in the email reading pane that Outlook presents which one was used.

However, if I track down the Properties window for the individual message (how to find it varies in Outlook versions ) there will be a line towards the end of the list of mail routing info something like this:

Code:
To: <esherflyer+nowhere.com>
And this is the address that DC-TNG is using, so ought to be the one to log in with .

NB: I've replace @ with + throughout to avoid the addresses being harvested. ISTR someone does operate nowhere.com .
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:46 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DynamicIS
Im also struggling to log in and Im very disappointed that the transfer between the BMI household accounts isnt implemented as we both earn miles on our bmi credit cards.
Now I've no idea whether or not this will work, because Mrs NWIFlyer and my transfers are complete and we won't ever earn another mile having cancelled the credit cards .

At one point, the BA website would let me log-in to my BEAC account, but my wife's DC account in the miles transfer process. It showed her balance, and there didn't appear to be anything stopping me transferring those miles to me. Whether or not a secondary check would have stopped the transfer I have no idea, but it's got to be worth a try @:-).
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:48 am

Access to diamondclub.org

I cannot log into my Diamond Club account. It doesn't recognise my user name even though I am entering the one I have always used. I have requested a new password which has arrived successfully, so it does know that I exist, but I still cannot access the account. I try to submit an enquiry but can't as my account number is not recognised! It is the same one it has always been. How do I make contact with diamondclub.org if their contact page doesn't think I exist?
Regards.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Raffles
Nicci,

The FAQ says

I made a booking using my destinations miles for travel after 31 December 2012, will this booking be protected?

Yes. Any flight bookings made using destinations miles will be honoured but changes or refunds are not permitted.

This is not the case, though, unless things have changed.

The original plan was that UK members could still REFUND existing redemptions after 31st December and get a refund of taxes AND miles. Members elsewhere would get a refund of the taxes but not the miles.

Can you please clarify?
I've receveid a confirmation from DiamondClubQueries that this is indeed the case.

NO DC award bookings can be cancelled after 31 Dec 2012. No cash or miles refunds after 31 Dec 2012 for anyone.

This is a bit annoying as I specifically booked mine knowing I might need to cancel it - but will now need to cancel anyway as I wont be sure by 31 Dec.

edit: I presume tickets fall into the non-refunable category after 31 Dec - but in theory that should still mean government taxes are refunded.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This does, of course, contradict what is written on ba.com.

Nicci?

Surely it is farcical that I need to cancel an Easter holiday which are 50/50 likely to take purely because I cannot take the risk of losing £3,500-worth of taxes and miles should we not go.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Not to mention this represents a unilateral change to a contract that is not in keeping with the law, best practise and good old fashioned fair play. Refund policies were outlined orally by the booking agent at the time of booking - the £20/£25 speech.

bmi, and later BA, gave us the book with confidence/business as usual line.

If this is true, and I stress for all here to remember that we have yet to hear directly from Nicci, it is utterly despicable, not to mention entirely foolish, to treat the most loyal of customers in such an uneven-handed fashion.

I'd expect it from Ryanair not a reputable network carrier.

Nicci, can you please clarify the situation on this thread, rather than pointing to FAQs elsewhere, please?

Awards post Dec. 31
a) can changes entered by an operating carrier be re-ticketed by BA - on whatever stock - in the event of sked changes?
b) will you refund miles to a bmi account, for transfer to BAEC, if a member cancels in lines with the fare rules/conditions outlined at the time of booking?
c) will you refund the cash portion of a miles & cash redemption if a member cancels in lines with the fare rules/conditions outlined at the time of booking?
d) will you refund the taxes, less canx fee, if a member cancels in lines with the fare rules/conditions outlined at the time of booking?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:56 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think I'd have probably added:
e) Do you expect a raft of legal action against BA if you continue with this policy?

Even if the previous arrangements had not been so widely disseminated, I am convinced no court in the land would ever find for BA. This is so obviously an unfair contract term it's untrue.

As GC says, assuming this is true BA has just brought absolute shame on itself, and it will certainly shape what business I give them in the future if this is their attitude towards customers.

Having just pressed the button to book my first flight on BA since 1998, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be another 14 years until the next one ...
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I've receveid a confirmation from DiamondClubQueries that this is indeed the case.

NO DC award bookings can be cancelled after 31 Dec 2012. No cash or miles refunds after 31 Dec 2012 for anyone.

This is a bit annoying as I specifically booked mine knowing I might need to cancel it - but will now need to cancel anyway as I wont be sure by 31 Dec.

edit: I presume tickets fall into the non-refunable category after 31 Dec - but in theory that should still mean government taxes are refunded.
So this appears a further take on matters. If I've interpretted it correctly you have a reward booking commencing post 31/12/12, and you have been advised if you cancel this before 31/12/12 you will get a refund of miles+cash+taxes, but if you cancel after 31/12/12 you will get no refund.

If I understand correctly, the concern here is different and does not stack up with the reply you have received. That is any booking that occurs after 31/12/12 cannot be refunded at any time (even tomorrow).

I have a booking LHR-HKT that I may have to cancel that commences before 31/12/12 and returns after 31/12/12, so have no idea where I stand.

A real mess. FT active members will be the tip of the iceberg, and this will potentially impact the ability to cancel thousands of award tickets that must exist post 31/12/12, if required.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Raffles
This does, of course, contradict what is written on ba.com.

Nicci?

Surely it is farcical that I need to cancel an Easter holiday which are 50/50 likely to take purely because I cannot take the risk of losing £3,500-worth of taxes and miles should we not go.
Hope someone has screenshots around - they may be in demand...
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Nicci's last activity was 12.56 pm GMT today, 7th Nov 12.

Sorry Nicci I'm not spying, but everyone can see anyone elses last activity time/date, and I was curious. So you are reading these concerns but are not in a position to reply as yet.

With a long haul cash+miles tickets, you are aware that it is easy for a family to have several thousand £, € or $ on the line. I would urge prompt clarification that all award tickets can be cancelled at any time with full refund (minus £25) to avoid any further unnecessary anguish.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Oil-man
If I understand correctly, the concern here is different and does not stack up with the reply you have received. That is any booking that occurs after 31/12/12 cannot be refunded at any time (even tomorrow).
I'm not reading that as the issue here. I think it's more the first one that you said: If someone cancels now they can get a refund, if they leave it until next year they can't.

I'm surprised BA would want to do this since it may encourage those with a 10% chance of needing to cancel to do that cancellation in the next few weeks, which will mean BA having to pay back. And of course it will cause an amount of ill will .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.