FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1401263-important-news-about-diamondclub-org-live-10am-27-oct.html)

DiamondClubQueries Oct 26, 2012 9:09 am

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Dear all

As you are aware, you will no longer be able earn or redeem your destinations miles after 27 October, with the exception of UK customers with a bmi Credit Card who can continue to earn destinations miles and transfer them to Avios in the Executive Club.

From tomorrow, all Diamond Club members will be able to log in to the new website www.diamondclub.org and will be able to view their account and mileage balance as they can today on flybmi.com.

The website will be live after 10am and I would like to ask in advance that you channel any feedback, concerns or queries that are specific to the website on this thread and we will monitor it so we can review these for you.

We thank you in advance for your patience while we get the new website ready and while we are not anticipating any issues, we also appreciate your support should there be any technical glitches etc

Warm regards

Nicci

SingaporeDon Oct 26, 2012 9:51 am

Originally Posted by DiamondClubQueries (Post 19569534)
Dear all

As you are aware, you will no longer be able earn or redeem your destinations miles after 27 October, with the exception of UK customers with a bmi Credit Card who can continue to earn destinations miles and transfer them to Avios in the Executive Club.

Nicci

Nicci, can you please confirm that UK customers who DONT have a BMI credit card can still set up a BAEC account and transfer miles from the BMI account to the BAEC account even after 27 Oct 2012?

DiamondClubQueries Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 19569791)
Nicci, can you please confirm that UK customers who DONT have a BMI credit card can still set up a BAEC account and transfer miles from the BMI account to the BAEC account even after 27 Oct 2012?

1) All UK members can continue to transfer their destinations miles to Avios after 27 October, regardless of whether they have a bmi credit card or not

2) The accounts for Members living in the South West Pacific will be frozen and we will be in touch soon with regards to the options for these customers

3) All other members outside of the UK and SWP can transfer their destinations miles to Avios until 31 December 2012. destinations miles not transferred by 31 December 2012 will expire

All members will be able to log in to diamondclub.org until a point that has been specified ie 31 December for members outside of UK and SWP or until their miles expire.

I hope this clarifies things

Warm regards

Nicci

Strawb Oct 26, 2012 11:23 am

Family membership?

Will we still be able to transfer miles from one family member to the Head of Family account at this new website?

DiamondClubQueries Oct 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Important news about diamondclub.org

Individual Diamond Club members can transfer their miles to Avios in their individual Executive Club accounts. This can be to accounts which are set up as Household Accounts in the Executive Club. If this does not answer what you need to do them you can submit a query through the Contact Us section on the website and we will respond to your request individually.

We will help as much as we can for cases which can't be dealt with through the website

Warm regards

Nicci

teflon Oct 27, 2012 2:11 am

diamondclub.org appears to be live now. While you can still sign up for the time being on flybmi.com, it looks like you can't on the new site, so you're a member of what's soon to be a very exclusive club!

One of the listed benefits is double destination miles for purchases made with your bmi credit card on ba.com, which I don't remember being advertised before.

Nicci - could you clarify when this benefit was valid from - and who should I contact for missing miles from a recent ba.com purchase with my bmi Amex?

bmifly Oct 27, 2012 3:13 am

Originally Posted by teflon (Post 19573940)
diamondclub.org appears to be live now. While you can still sign up for the time being on flybmi.com, it looks like you can't on the new site, so you're a member of what's soon to be a very exclusive club!

I can’t currently access the site although it was supposed to be live at 10am. Just ‘watching’ online the last commercial bmi flight holding over London…:(

bmifly

Roger Oct 27, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks for that, Teflon.

I see from the FAQ that unconverted Diamond Club miles from MBNA have a limited life of 24 months rather than 36 months with BA Avios.

Will my destinations miles expire after a certain period of time?

Yes. If you have not had not earned any destinations miles using your bmi Credit Card from MBNA in 24 consecutive months they will expire from your account.
https://www.diamondclub.org/iloyal-M...ecution=e3s1#1

Of course, that's still longer than most US programmes and Flying Poo without qualifying activity.

ba bob Oct 27, 2012 3:24 am

Diamondclub.org - lower miles balance. Check your account NOW!

Just logged into the .org site and its showing I have 70k ish miles, while when I log into the fly bmi site, I have the correct amount, about 130k (moved 1.5m over to avios last week!).

Took a screen shot and will send to BA should it not correct itself. As the flybmi site only has another 24 hours of life in it, best to check now and record any discrepancies.

Looks like my status miles balance was being used as my miles balance, which is obviously incorrect.

Check yours ASAP.

ba bob Oct 27, 2012 3:29 am

I thought 'screw that' and rather than argue with BA about missing miles, I will just move the rest over, but combine my avios is not working for me, says 'Sorry, your log-in details have not been recognised. Please contact us' every time i try to log in.

Anyone else seeing this?

RAPC Oct 27, 2012 3:45 am

The site has only just come live. There will be a few things to iron out.

Give it a bit of time, it will all get sorted.

sparkythehamster Oct 27, 2012 3:47 am

deleted

raikje Oct 27, 2012 3:56 am

My balance is correct. Though, cleverly, I appear to be unable to log in using my membership number - email address only! And having tried a password reset, there now appears to be no way to change it from the one they emailed to me.

gate4lounge Oct 27, 2012 4:10 am

I've tried logging in with my normal DC log in details....no joy. Did a password reset....no joy.

I'm assuming that there is a problem with my user name.....I've tried both my DC# and my registered e-mail addy with the password they sent me, without any joy :confused:

Raffles Oct 27, 2012 4:34 am

Nicci,

The FAQ says

I made a booking using my destinations miles for travel after 31 December 2012, will this booking be protected?

Yes. Any flight bookings made using destinations miles will be honoured but changes or refunds are not permitted.

This is not the case, though, unless things have changed.

The original plan was that UK members could still REFUND existing redemptions after 31st December and get a refund of taxes AND miles. Members elsewhere would get a refund of the taxes but not the miles.

Can you please clarify?