Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

New bmi logo to be unveiled shortly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New bmi logo to be unveiled shortly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
As we both know GC this is bmi we're talking about

Asinine decisions are an everyday occurance

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I think mucking about with the whale livery would be an asinine decision - bmi has one of the most distinctive and attractive airline liveries.

And I'm with FOM - who says changing the logo will lead to the planes being changed also? I reckon they'll just stick the logo by the door, just the like the *A logo.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:45 pm

OT: Are we to read this as a confirmation that she is returning to the bmi fleet?

Back on topic.

So, what's happening there? Is Tiny growing up? Will it be bmi, British Midland International baby? Is there a whole new look coming to a secondary airport near you?
Nothing is confirmed about the 2nd 330, rumours are that it will be taking over the Almaty/Bishkek route when the 757 goes and also going on to the Freetown route. Other rumours are that it'll be back on Cairo.

Baby introduced a new livery a few months ago with a 3D version of the sunburnt sprog on the tail and larger titles

old
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bmiba...94f1082143d370

new
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Ah, yes, he reminds me of someone else.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Ah, yes, he reminds me of someone else.
It reminds me of the little phone creature thing that Mazuma Mobile use...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
It's a sunburnt Stewie Griffin
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Baby introduced a new livery a few months ago with a 3D version of the sunburnt sprog on the tail and larger titles

old

new
The titles on the new one are significantly better. Heck the whole thing is better, but the titles the most (and the bmi size and placement approx matches the bmi placement on the whale livery.

Interesting you point out the '3d' aspect to tiny.

While some people see 'tiny' and think the smash aliens. Plenty think mazumamoible. For me however, it is the minoru 3d webcam!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
It's a sunburnt Stewie Griffin
Perhaps.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:08 pm

Yes, that's the one
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
It gets worse.

Comments are being solicited on the BMI Facebook page. Soliciting customer feedback after doing something is always a positive step...
I'll say it again, I like it. Seems whatever bmi do people will have a go. And the new logo doesn't make me think of oneworld at all, given that it has big "bmi" lettering in the middle.

Let's all be happy that our airline is here to stay, even if our FFP probably isn't.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
A lot of oneworld comments on facebook! The new branding is growing on me, in particular the font, which looks good. I still think bmi in the blue button looks too similar to oneworld, but some effort has been spent, there is shaddow, etc visible on high-res images.

It would not be surprising to see "bmi" being phased out over the next number of months/years, the airline just being referred to as "British Midland International". "bmi British Midland International, in co-operation with our partners in the Star Alliance..." is a bit of a cumbersome name!

Glad to hear that the A330 might be returning to the BD route network. As suggested, it would be useful on the longer routes where the A321 can't get to, or requires a tech stop. What is so bad with MEDF, by the way?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Given the problems with somepeople not even knowng it is an airline, I'd have gone with a tailfin as the new logo myself:

- With appologies for my tailfin shape not looking exactly like a tailfin, but you ge the idea. Also keeps the british bit up, which they claim they are keen to retain.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by David-A
Given the problems with somepeople not even knowng it is an airline, I'd have gone with a tailfin as the new logo myself:

Love it David-A
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Is Tiny growing up? Will it be bmi, British Midland International baby?
They'd need to replace the 737s with A340-600s to get all that down the side of the fuselage
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:33 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by David-A

- With appologies for my tailfin shape not looking exactly like a tailfin, but you ge the idea. Also keeps the british bit up, which they claim they are keen to retain.
Excellent David-A ^, help yourself to a free Economy Flex muffin
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
Is it just me or does 'British Midland International' sound more like an airport name than an airline?

Can't think of any major airlines that use 'International' in their name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.