Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pirossalma
Please, be aware, that even the diamond elite status with BW (earned by staying in BW hotels) does not mean anything more than the bonus points. No perks, upgrades.
Lower your expectations, to avoid disappointment.

Your treatment is much more based on your loyalty to a specific BW hotel, not to the chain.
I agree totally. I have diamond through a status match and did it just for the point bonus.

BW needs to change their loyalty program and they would get more stays out of me. The BW presidential is not even a block from the Hilton Garden I stay at in NYC, and the rooms are usually about $20 a night cheaper at the BW. But I will chose the HG just due to the perks and awards being worth more. At the HGI. I get 2 vouchers every day for a very nice breakfast, they will upgrade me to a corner room if it's available, and the point bonus for diamonds is 50% so I get 15 points per dollar spent, in addition to the 1/2 credit on southwest (I can either only get 13 points per $ spent at BW OR 1/2 credit on WN NOT both like Hilton). I also get 9 points per $ on my Hilton Am Ex card so it equates to a total of 24 points per $ spent in addition to the airline miles.

I realize BW doesn't have Exec. lounges, but the hilton properties that do give you access to that. They also have a 48 hour guarantee for diamonds on any hilton property.

There really isn't any motivation to stay at BW over any other chain.
Old May 27, 2010, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CMK10
Thank you for posting this. I emailed them a screen shot of my Hilton Gold status. I will report back if this is enough proof or if they will require me to fax them something.
I faxed over a screen shot showing my Hilton Diamond status and that worked and I have to say they upgraded me fast. I faxed it on monday and logged on to my account yesterday to check a future reservation and my status was already upgraded.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

I realize BW doesn't have Exec. lounges, but the hilton properties that do give you access to that. They also have a 48 hour guarantee for diamonds on any hilton property.

There really isn't any motivation to stay at BW over any other chain.
That's not entirely true. http://www.bestwestern.co.jp/english/nagasaki/ Pretty nice place right? It's Best Western Premier! They have Exec Lounge and more. Not sure whether this brand of Best Western is in the USA but it's in Asia.
Old May 28, 2010, 11:46 am
REO

Originally Posted by rove312
Does being Hhonors Silver (usually qualified as lowly) do any good for this BW offer?
Hi Rove-

To answer your question, Yes it does. You will be matched to Gold Elite status with Best Western Rewards allow the following:

-10 points for every U.S. dollar spent on qualified room rates, a half (0.5) Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® credit, 20 AIR MILES reward miles or at least 250 miles on qualified stays at over †4,000 Best Western hotels throughout North, Central & South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa

-Points that never expire

-One of the widest reward selections of any program
&
-Rewards offers and promotions with additional earning opportunities (For being a valued Elite Member)

Hope this information helps. Sorry if its a little too late.
You may always call Best Western Rewards at: 1(800) 237-8483
Old May 31, 2010, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simmo
That's not entirely true. http://www.bestwestern.co.jp/english/nagasaki/ Pretty nice place right? It's Best Western Premier! They have Exec Lounge and more. Not sure whether this brand of Best Western is in the USA but it's in Asia.
D

Very nice hotel. Do BW Diamonds get access to the exec. lounge and upgrades (if available) there?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
D

Very nice hotel. Do BW Diamonds get access to the exec. lounge and upgrades (if available) there?
BW Asia have their own site here http://www.bwrewardsasia.com/elite/index.php and you can view the extra benefits in each hotel in each country at the bottom. I got a pamphlet outlining all these benefits with the welcome kit.

To answer your question regarding lounge access - Yes!

Nagasaki
Best Western Premier Hotel Nagasaki
Diamond / Platinum / Gold Elite card offers:
• Welcome drink
• Complimentary daily newspapers in room
Exclusively for Diamond:
• Access to executive lounge
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis First
I just got my second status match under the program. I first submitted my HH Gold status and was matched to Platinum. When I reached HH Diamond via a Q2 7 stay program I resubmitted and have now been matched to Diamond. Thank you BW!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kayak-dan
I just got my second status match under the program. I first submitted my HH Gold status and was matched to Platinum. When I reached HH Diamond via a Q2 7 stay program I resubmitted and have now been matched to Diamond. Thank you BW!

The status match is nice. I wish Marriott would do it Now if BW would only offer the diamond force like hilton
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see this in the T&Cs nor have I spotted it in this thread: Until when is the "comped" elite status good for? The end of this calendar year (2010)? The end of next calendar year (2011)? Somewhere in between?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't see this in the T&Cs nor have I spotted it in this thread: Until when is the "comped" elite status good for? The end of this calendar year (2010)? The end of next calendar year (2011)? Somewhere in between?
My Diamond card indicates it expires 2/11.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Sent in my stuff on the 5th. Today I am a BW Diamond. Woo hoo! Where's da par-tay? (Probably in my Starwood suite )
Congrats .

Was the status match based on your SPG PLAT status? I am wanting to do this as well.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Congrats .

Was the status match based on your SPG PLAT status? I am wanting to do this as well.
If you fax the info over you should be made diamond that same day. I faxed over a screenprint out of my Hilton activity showing I was diamond in the morning and when I went to check the account that night I was upgraded from Platnium to Diamond at BW It really doesn't mean much though if you go for airline miles. If you go for points it will mean a few extra points. It's not like SPG, Hilton, Hyatt or Marriott where you can get guaranteed reservation at a sold out hotel (my favorite thing about being Diamond at Hilton). If a hotel is sold out and you call the property direct as a diamond they just put you on a waiting list. If nothing opens u p you are SOL. With Hilton you are guaranteed a room even if it's rack rates.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:46 pm

good thing i saw this thread, sent my priority club platinum ambassador card thru email yesterday and got my diamond elite status today. thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up. It took about a day to get the match to Diamond and I went ahead and booked the BW on RT 17 in Mahwah, NJ for a night next week in a room hop scenario. I'm interested to see when the 5k points will post. When I'm in that area, I don't normally stay at BW, so their 'generosity' has already earned them some new business here.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw this thread and got upgraded without a problem. Thanks, OP!

It was very timely for me. I usually stay at Hilton or Marriott properties but this week I have a conference where the choice of hotels serviced by the shuttle bus is either a Best Western or a Drury Inn. The Best Western seemed like the better option by comparing the two hotel websites.

Perhaps Best Western has raised its game. It has been years since I last stayed in one. Mostly, my experience with this chain is memories of family road trips where the Best Western got selected because it had the best discount coupon in the coupon book picked up at the freeway rest stop. All of those hotels seemed to be exterior door rooms with "magic finger" beds and a pool in the parking lot.

The Best Western I am at now (Birmingham, AL Carlton Suites) has a free full breakfast, interior pool and exercise facility, manager's evening reception, free in-room wi-fi, etc. Not a true "suite" especially since there is just one tv, but the wi-fi speed seems to be great (unlike a lot of Hiltons and Marriotts). The breakfast was carb and protein heavy (it lacked yogurt and fresh fruit) and the room is a bit more worn around the edges than your typical Courtyard or HGI. But the AC is good and the room was quiet last night. So I have nothing to complain about.

Last edited by amanuensis; Jun 13, 2010 at 9:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.