Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 5:26 pm

Anyone know whether BW matches Caesars? Does anyone else match Caesars Diamond?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thumbs up

Take a pic and send it to BW! It is a simple process.

Back in 2016 I was an Accor Hotels elite member, but their program rollover dates conflicted with my usual traveling patterns, and so I could never take advantage of my status.

Sent it off to BW, and got a pretty high status. I have reduced traveling since, but BW has always given me a soft landing, and even an easy status challenge which I am able to meet.

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Anyone know whether BW matches Caesars? Does anyone else match Caesars Diamond?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:56 pm

Recently got Diamond Select status, aside from the 50% bonus points I don't see the real benefit of this highest status compared to lower statuses...

at the time of checkin last week, there was me as diamond select member and another guest, platinum, we got the same welcome gift and the same room upgrade

if there is no difference between us, i don't see the point of having so many status levels
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:11 am

Is there any reason to time when you request a match with Best Western? For example will requesting a status match in early 2021 result in a longer status match validity - ie. January 31, 2023?

The current status match page language is "Enjoy your Status Match upgrade at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide until January 31, 2022, without meeting tier upgrade requirements."
Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
They are mainly about points and free nights, and less about status and loyalty treatment. The sweet spot is Gold, which is more than enough if you just want upgrades and stay a handful of times per year. Many BWs still don't really have premium rooms, where even a non-member is going to feel exactly the same as a Diamond Select.

I can see the status match being useful if planning for an imminent stay at a swanky BW Royale & Suites, while also looking forward to more BW stays.... But Beyond a few nights I don't think you would feel a difference between Gold and Diamond Select.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Got matched today from Hilton Diamond to BW Diamond Select. Got a 3 night stay at a Plus coming up, should rack up some pts. Are upgrades a thing anymore?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold-1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Wyndham Diamond
With Best Western cutting their status requirements in half for 2022, they will match a lot more to Diamond Select. I told them I have the following status in other programs and they said any of these would now match to Diamond Select:
Wyndham Diamond
IHG Platinum Elite
Marriott Gold
Hyatt Explorist
CMK10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.