Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:54 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Steph3n
some idiot at the hotel drug their luggage across the hood and put the classic black hardwheeled tire marks on the hood, hopefully they can buff that out.
This weekend I had a black Lincoln Town Car w/7000 miles. This thing was in HORRIBLE exterior shape. There were fine scratches all over the exterior, tons of marks around the trunk and the ledge right below the trunk. there were a few dings and such. The interior was fine, except that Lincoln never installed the lower cigarette lighter; or someone pulled it completely out and the wires that attach to it. I was amazed when I flipped the plug, saw nothing & traced where the wires should have been and found nothing!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Reserved: Premium Size (because on the site it was only $5 more than Full for the week)
Offered: Cadillac DTS
Received: Cadillac CTS

Normally I would have gotten in the DTS and hurried the heck out of there in the thrill of not having another Mercury Grand Marquis. However, since I was going to be driving in Chicago I wanted something just a tad bit smaller. The people at the desk were very nice and gave me a CTS. I was happily surprised when I found out that it had XM also. Nice.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Reserved: Intermediate
Received: Ford Escape (lots of these in the lot at the time)

Received: Ford Fusion SEL V6
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

LAS

Reserved B
Received: Pontiac Solstice
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Reserved: Compact
Received: Lincoln Town Car

This is about the 3rd time they've tried giving me a town car and I keep getting it changed for something else. But this time the only other options were compacts so I kept the town car. What a boat! It's got lots of goodies like a seat that moves every which way, dual zone climate, etc. but the thing is all over the road, no handling whatsoever, I feel like I should be 60+ driving that thing.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever

This is about the 3rd time they've tried giving me a town car and I keep getting it changed for something else. But this time the only other options were compacts so I kept the town car. What a boat! It's got lots of goodies like a seat that moves every which way, dual zone climate, etc. but the thing is all over the road, no handling whatsoever, I feel like I should be 60+ driving that thing.
I know what you mean....I will likely end up with one hauling my family around this weekend, of maybe, hopefully for once.....an nice SUV! I normally dread SUVs, but for 5 people, they are good.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:04 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Received: Caddy DTS.

I asked for a CTS (I saw 7 on the lot) but was refused.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Reserved: Full Size
Offered: Grand Marquis

Took the wife and 9 week old daughter on this trip because my inlaws live here. Reserved an infant seat with the reservation. It would have been nice to know that Avis does not carry regular infant seats. They use the toddler seats and lower the harness straps (and have no additional padding). Car seat was installed wrong on the Grand Marquis when we got there. It is in so wrong that they couldn't get it out, so they switched me to the Town Car and put in a new seat.

In the future, I won't be getting a car seat from Avis again since they don't have the propper infant seats.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Reserved: Full-size
Given: Impala

Asked for an upgrade, since I was a Chairman & was told, "Sorry, we don't have anything better than full size." I asked for the Buick Lucerne that was sitting next to the booth & was told that I "couldn't have it." I asked for a convertible & was told that they "don't upgrade to convertibles." I then asked for the Jeep Cherokee, since I had yet to drive one. He told me that I could have that, but I'd have to pay a higher rate since it's an SUV. I explained that Chairmen should get upgraded to nearly anything, so long as a mid-size is booked. He grumbled & gave me the Cherokee. It was begging for an oil change from the minute I turned it over and today the check engine light illuminated. Annoyed, I went back & asked for a convertible & was again denied. Then I said that I wanted the Buick Enclave. His reply was, "That's a big SUV and luxury class, you can't get that." I politely asked to speak to a manager and he told me to wait, and he started punching away on his keyboard. He handed me the keys and said, "Ok, you can have the Enclave." I had to ask where the vehicle was parked AND for a copy of the new contract. This is one of the worst locations I've ever been to, so I'll be writing Avis upon my return, ugh!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:52 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Given: CTS
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis First
Given: Murano, 4Runner
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Res: int
Got: Dodge Charger with THREE miles on it, it is nice They looked to have several, wondering if a local dodge dealer had a going out of business sale....
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Reserved: Full Size
Received: Caddy DTS
Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Reserved: B (Compact)
Received: Kia Rio, dead on arrival, presumed dead battery
Try 2, Received: Kia Rio

from the Online Receipt
YOUR CAR
Car Description: Chevrolet Aveo or similar
Car Group: A

from the Email Receipt
Car Group Rented: SUBCOMPACT
Car Group Charged: COMPACT

When I was turning in the keys for the dead car, I asked if they "participate in the Avis First program anymore?". The answer was, "oh yeah, sure, but its space available. An upgrade is an intermediate and we have none". Odd thing was that I never used the word "upgrade", I just wanted to know whether that franchise had stopped recognizing that Avis program.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Received: Toyota Camry

Reserved: Sub-Compact
Received: Dodge Charger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.