Class reserved: B
Car requested: Ford Focus or Toyota Collora
Car received: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox with 9000 Miles
Old May 4, 2014, 5:57 pm

Class reserved: E
Car requested: -
Car received: 2013 Ford Mondeo F
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
I'm PC and renting from MCO tomorrow (Group W) and called the station requesting an upgrade to a larger SUV or a luxury SUV and the attendant put me on hold for a few minutes and came back very pleasantly saying we'd get an upgrade tomorrow. Can't wait to see what we get!
Old May 6, 2014, 3:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Class reserved: Intermediate
Car requested: 2014 BMW X5
Car received: 2014 BMW X5 with 9 miles on it.

Working Nav , non subscribed XM

Drives nice, but the front tires are over inflated by 10psi. What I really like is that I exported my driver's setting my my BMW at home and put them on a flash drive. When I got in the X5 I imported the setting through the USB connection in the center console and it loaded everything. Pre set phone numbers, A/C settings and even tried to adjust the seat (would have worked better, but my daily driver is not an X5).
Old May 6, 2014, 9:14 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
What I really like is that I exported my driver's setting my my BMW at home and put them on a flash drive. When I got in the X5 I imported the setting through the USB connection in the center console and it loaded everything. Pre set phone numbers, A/C settings and even tried to adjust the seat (would have worked better, but my daily driver is not an X5).
Sweet deal! I've been saying for a while that auto mfr's need to have this option for the settings. And there needs to be a generic (cross-mfr) way to save all XM presets onto a flash drive/sync with phone app/etc so that those of us that travel frequently don't have to waste time fiddling when we get into a new car. (first world problem, but we can dream, right?!?)
Old May 7, 2014, 1:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
So, I drove back to Denver today and decided to check my presets. Turns out that the XM had been turned on at some point. Not sure if it didn't work at first because the car was brand new or if maybe it was somehow tied to my profile that I uploaded to the car via USB.

Regardless, it was nice to have.

When I got back to return the car I deleted all of my profile and settings and the XM went away too. Strange.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
Class reserved: Group W
Car requested: Luxury SUV
Car Initially Received: 2014 Cadillac Escalade
Car Finally Received upon request: 2014 BMW X5 with 1200 miles on it and working nav.
Old May 9, 2014, 11:21 am

Class reserved: E (Full Size)
Car assigned: Toyota Corolla
Car requested: Anything larger, at which point was pointed at the only car on the entire Select & Go lot, an Altima.
Car offered: a minivan for a $15/day upcharge. The lot had plenty of cars, and most of them were available for a "modest" uptick.
Car received: none. Walked away in disgust and went to Hertz.
Old May 11, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Class reserved: Full Size
Car assigned: Holden Caprice V

I have to say it was a very nice car, fully loaded with built-in nav, everything covered in leather or alcantra, park assist, blind spot etc., rear seat video monitors and the whole 9 yards. It was a huge car and much nicer than some of the "limos" I was driven around in SYD. Took a day or two to get used to the size but after that no issues. Two thumbs up!
Old May 12, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Class reserved: Economy
Car received: VW UP!
Comments: No upgrades here....
Old May 12, 2014, 7:37 am

LAX
First
Rented: Premium
Received: Volvo XC60 with 27k miles
**Only reason I received the upgrade was because they didn't have any Premium cars on the lot. I didn't bother for asking for anything else
Old May 12, 2014, 7:42 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
YYZ T1 May 8
PC
Booked B
Email had me in a Sonata.
Took a Fiat 500C w 200km because it was a nice weekend.

Fun car, but so awful.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
CDG
Avis preferred basic

Booked a Clio with GPS, ended up with a DS5...quite enjoyable as I had to to 1000km over the weekend!
Old May 14, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
CDG
Avis preferred basic

Booked a Clio with GPS, ended up with a DS5...quite enjoyable as I had to to 1000km over the weekend!
That's a very nice upgrade for a Preferred! I've gotten that as President's Club several times, although I never request a GPS. The DS5 is a nice ride.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by stimpy
That's a very nice upgrade for a Preferred! I've gotten that as President's Club several times, although I never request a GPS. The DS5 is a nice ride.
We had the GPS included in the car at the initial booking (not as an extra, but "embedded" in the car, so I guess they just upgraded us to the highest available car with integrated GPS
It's a nightmare to drive it in Paris though (well, it's a nightmare to drive in Paris anyway )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.