Received: Cadillac Escalade
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Teamstone
Jfk
Cc
Rented: intermediate
Received Lincoln MKZ without Nav
Exchanged MKs brand new 400 miles. They had to fish the chip out of the trunk, but working Nav and sat radio.
So, where in the trunk is the chip usually found?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by QSilver
So, where in the trunk is the chip usually found?
Lift the trunk mat. Its usually in a plastic package with the rest of the manuals, etc, right on top of the spare tire.

That is, assuming the location didnt pull the manuals out before you got there... or some other renter didnt, or someone didnt steal them.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
PC
Reserved Compact, received Citroën DS5. Probably the best French car I've ever driven and certainly better than any US based BMW I've rented in recent years. And I think my very first rental car that had a heads-up display! It has a little piece of plexiglas that swivels up on command near the windshield. And it displays your speed and other stuff like cruise control, etc.

It also had very nice bucket seats, upper and lower console, separate moon-roofs for driver, passenger and rear seats, butt-warmers, GPS, nice smartphone interface, backup video camera, etc.

I would not mind owning this car.
The problem with Citröens that they are starting to fall apart after a year or so and when I say fall apart I mean literally falling apart.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by makos
The problem with Citröens that they are starting to fall apart after a year or so and when I say fall apart I mean literally falling apart.
That's not at all true of modern Citröens, or for Renault or Peugeot as well. I know people who have 10+ year old Citröens and I had a Renault for 10 years. Maybe in the 70's they weren't so good, but the new ones are excellent.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Lift the trunk mat. Its usually in a plastic package with the rest of the manuals, etc, right on top of the spare tire.

That is, assuming the location didnt pull the manuals out before you got there... or some other renter didnt, or someone didnt steal them.
Darn! Wish I had known this when I got a Taurus Limited with a chip-less (i.e. useless) navigation a few weeks ago! I just assumed someone had swiped it.

Thanks for the tip!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
JAX (one way to TPA)
CHM
Booked: Intermediate
Given: Hyundai Genesis (V6)
I've got a lot. I'm going to list them all the last 16 months to see if there is any trends. Note all are as CMH and booked was "C", intermediate. I'll just list the city and what was received (and any special comments).

SBA, Grand Caravan - asked for Van as I needed 6 seats
SAT, M37, brand new 5 miles on ODO
DEN, 528xi
BWI, M37x
RDU, Ford Tarsus LTD
DEN, M37x, Brand new again 5 miles on ODO
SAT, G37
DEN, Yukon Denali
IAD to BWI, QC56 - asked for car with built in Navi and rxed this
DEN, Yukon Denali
CMH, Lincoln MKX - denied any BMW on the lot, glad as this was better than a stripped X3
DEN, Lincoln MKT - 26K miles
COS to DEN, VW CC
DEN, Yukon XL
DEN to Vegas, Yukon XL (kept same rent car above and one-wayed it back to Vegas)
ABQ, FX37
DEN, Dodge Durango - asked for change and they had next to zero cars on the lot
COS, Lincoln MKX - 26K miles
DEN, Caddy XTS
ABQ, Yukon XL
JAX to TPA, Yukon XL - called prior and asked for big SVU due to family travel and car was preassigned at checkin
SMF, Lincoln MKS
SMF, Caddy SRX - Hated this car
ORF, Tarsus LTD
ORF, Explorer - was preassigned a Kia Sorento, asked for anything else and this was the best they had
MCI, Lincoln MKS

Last edited by trekwars2000; Nov 21, 2013 at 6:46 pm
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
Reserved: Intermediate
Received: Mazda CX9
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: delta PM, united G, marriott titanium, hilton diamond, avis preferred, hertz pres circle
Orlando, Florida
PC
rented: Full Size
Got: BMW
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:14 pm
Used to be 'IAD22066'

Programs: UA 1K AA
Reserved: Full size
Received: Chevrolet Suburban
Old Nov 27, 2013, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
That's not at all true of modern Citröens, or for Renault or Peugeot as well. I know people who have 10+ year old Citröens and I had a Renault for 10 years. Maybe in the 70's they weren't so good, but the new ones are excellent.
Actually the 70's French cars were much better then todays. Renault is ok, only because they own Nissan and transferred lots of technology to Renault. On the other hand Nissan's quality degraded cause of this.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:30 am

Reserved: Standard 2-door
Received: 2013 Volvo S60 FWD w/ 6000 miles

Rented Sept 25th - Oct 1st. Arrived 10:45am to the new Boston Rental Car Center (nice), relatively busy morning.

I rented through Budget, but as they're tied together the Avis desk helped me. He asked if what I rented would be big enough, or if I would like a full-size or an intermediate SUV. I said that what i reserved would be perfectly acceptable. Handed me the keys, the paperwork, and said "you're in slot P-22, have a great day!" I was at the desk for no more than 5 minutes.

Got up to the lot (covered and awesome now), find my spot - and see the Volvo hiding behind a suburban a spot over. Love. Handled like a dream, was stupid fast, and got excellent mileage (averaged 32.2) over the week in Maine.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:35 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Received: Chrysler 300
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
]Location: Rsw
Received: Taurus
Requested and received: Red Camaro convertible with 7k miles and XM
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Reserved: Luxury
Received: Luxury - FWD Volvo X60 with 29K miles

This was great for my drive out to Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.