Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Any recent use of code E027237? A 24h one-way trip goes from £300 to £80 using this code for me.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by flx221
Do i need to show ID if i use one of these ? They give me the best rate for a 4 day rent in LA.
I have never been asked for proof of BA status. But Blue is free to sign up to and you can then install the app on a mobile device for proof
Old Jul 20, 2020, 5:15 am

Did people ever get into issues using random AWD (won't let you pick up the car? asked to pay price difference)? Even for the same company there might be different AWDs for business/personal trips, and some AWD comes with fuel/insurance (fuel at market rate, CDW included for free). If an accident were to happen, would AWD cause some complications?

Last edited by ftadsfsfdasdfdsfwef; Jul 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by daycaremom
I am new to this and would like to rent a car from Chesapeake VA to Dulles Airport and return 38 days later from Alexandria, VA to Chesapeake, VA using Avis car rentals one way . I have come across a code that gives a considerable discount on the one way rental from Alexandria, VA to Chesapeake, VA but not sure who the code is associated with and if I would incur any problems using it. Code is B270898 does anyone on this forum have any information on the code. Thanks in advance as we are traveling overseas and do not want to pay long term rental for our car to be parked at the airport.
Originally Posted by ng1265
a quick search would have told you it's a Costco code :-)
Is this AWD (B270898) for Costco Members, or Costco Employees? I had previously tried using a different Costco Member code that requested a Costco number while booking. This code is giving me a great rate (without asking for a member number) for the rental I am trying to book, and I want to be certain I am going to be able to provide the proper documentation at the rental counter. For the record, I am a Costco member, and not an employee.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by bhomburg
AWD H811101: This Simon Malls promotion originally expired at the end of 2015, but it's back again now, valid for reservations through Dec.31 2016, with pickup dates until Feb. 2017: http://www.avis.de/mietwagen-angebot...prozent-sparen

Good rates in the USA and Canada (only), CDW included, and perfectly legitimate.

Try several EU Avis sites for cheapest results - prices vary.
H811101 is still valid, and pretty much continues to give the best all-in rates in the US and Canada open to the general public, no strings attached.
Booking needs to be made via one of the European sites, not the .com or .ca sites. avis.de, avis.ch, avis.fr, avisautonoleggio.it/ tend to be cheapest, as before.
Current link: https://www.avis.de/mietwagen-angebo...simon-shopping
Expiration date for this AWD is now March 31, 2021, but I`m sure it'll be available past that date as it's been the last seven or so years.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:29 am

anyone know what company D103900 is from? Gives a nice discount
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Has anyone used C062090 recently? It's by far the cheapest option
I usually use C062090 (Bombardier) but today I booked a 23-day rental with Avis and both B920508 and B270898 were cheaper by about 200 USD for the entire rental.
EuRaFree likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by spainflyer
I usually use C062090 (Bombardier) but today I booked a 23-day rental with Avis and both B920508 and B270898 were cheaper by about 200 USD for the entire rental.
any proof/questions asked for the UTC/Raytheon code B920508 ? Getting 75% cheaper than 30 other codes i tried, very tempting
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by JohnneeO
Is this AWD (B270898) for Costco Members, or Costco Employees?
I'm curious if you ever got an answer on this. When I try and use that AWD, the website shows "your member discount has been applied" as well as my savings by using it (I assume versus rack rates), but it does NOT say what B270898 actually makes me a member of

The actual COSTCO travel website shows AWD A108326 for AVIS rentals. No mention of B270898 there. Internet searches seem to *think* its tied to COSTCO but I can't find any actual current references if that's still the case.
'
B270898 has some pretty hefty savings, including on one-way rentals in markets where I have a hard time getting cheap options.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:39 am
Rax

Programs: NWA
I picked up a car at DTW yesterday using B270898. No issues or questions at all, but no interaction with anyone other than the bus driver and the girl at the exit booth either.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:29 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

B270898 is for employees of Hewlett Packard on business travel--not Costco. Keep in mind that just because one person was not asked for ID one time in a particular location doesn't really mean anything. Corporate rates often have heavily discounted rates, and there are numerous posts from folks on these forums who have been challenged for ID and then charged the walk-up rate if they can't produce it. Rates that include CDW are riskier still since any damage claim will trigger additional review.
dayone, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Update.

I successfully used B270898 for my weekly rental from local office August 1-8. My contract lists "Peregrine Meeting Systems", a company which, according to Wikipedia, went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2002-2003, and was acquired by HP in 2005. (The association of Peregrine with this AWD is mentioned somewhere up-thread.)

So this is not a Costco AWD. Autoslash's comment that this AWD relates to HP tracks, although why Avis still has this AWD associated with Peregrine in their system, and not HP does not make sense to me. In any case, I felt no fear that I would be asked to present an ID since the company no longer exists, and also had a parallel reservation with another rental nearby rental company, so I would have just rented there if Avis had not honored the rate.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:59 pm

OMG thanks for the last couple posts, B920508, C062090 and B270898 work wonders!!!!!!!!! now hertz IBM cdp is no longer working, AVIS saving is much better
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:06 pm

Anyone successfully rented using C062090 without Bombardier I.D at Toronto Pearson Airport location?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:57 pm

Just used the code today as president club status, walk in drive out nothing checked.
jizen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.