Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by funwizard
Had a reservation for couple of weeks for Christmas and New year using this code. This is in Toronto suburbs. Was asked for id as the agent mentioned is Bombardiar id and it knocks the price off from 1900 to 500 so he would need an id.
The prices and available are skyrocketing during these holidays and this code knocked off a significant amount. Looks like i may have to find something else.

Are people being asked id for Amazon code? or is it fine as long as you have a amazon login
Ok i was rejected for Amazon code as well as it add a cdw to the rental. Had to talk to manager and overwrite it as a manual rate and remove the cdw. Next time they wont entertain this code.
Have to look for a new code now
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by funwizard
Ok i was rejected for Amazon code as well as it add a cdw to the rental. Had to talk to manager and overwrite it as a manual rate and remove the cdw. Next time they wont entertain this code.
Have to look for a new code now
In a way that's good to know for the rest of us, that codes are being looked at and considered seriously by the staff.

That said, I wasn't asked to prove my Lufthansa status at LHR last week (I presume that I can just show them my digital card). My BA status is being knocked down to Bronze at the end of January so I'm wary about using N744300 just in case they check and see I'm not silver anymore!
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
I just put in the BA Gold AWD and the prices increased by 20% on a 5 day booking in Italy...
Happy and CloudGazer like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: aeroplan continental
I tried the avis bombardier codes BUT....

Originally Posted by nathaniel511
Great! Thanks for this. That would explain the low LDW pricing! All right, the search for a comparable rate on a safer AWD continues ...
big problem. These rates all show as 0 free miles! $.34 / kilometers added on. Ok if you don't plan on driving it I guess.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: El-Al - Miles and More - Sixt - Avis - Hertz
New code instead of E027237 for Germany.

Does anyone have the new code that replaces the E027237 ? Had amazing deals on mercedes s-class in Germany. 1200 euros for 4 weeks. Included upgraded insurance.
or does anyone know of any code that offers benefits with about the same prices ? I tried all codes on the site but none come even close.
for now using avis family and friends code (G883000) with lack of a better option.
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mackle
BA codes that I am aware of are:-
British Airways Executive Club Blue: N744100
British Airways Executive Club Bronze:N744200
British Airways Executive Club Silver: N744300
British Airways Executive Club Gold: N744400
British Airways non-executive club passenger: N743700

BA Exec blue is free to join and sign up to, and I believe gives you a free additional driver regardless of any status with Avis. You can also collect Avios points with Avis bookings.

I can't advise on FlyingBlue codes as not a member of that scheme.
Do i need to show ID if i use one of these ? They give me the best rate for a 4 day rent in LA.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone have information on rental in Switzerland?

Citi leisure does not work. Visa Global gives a little. Old HH code is not rejected but also gives the same little discount as the Visa Global, ditto as BA Blue.

Taxes are outrageously high though.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Happy
Does anyone have information on rental in Switzerland?

Citi leisure does not work. Visa Global gives a little. Old HH code is not rejected but also gives the same little discount as the Visa Global, ditto as BA Blue.

Taxes are outrageously high though.
Where do you want to rent? In some cases (e.g. BSL, GVA) it's MUCH cheaper to rent on the French side
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ng1265
Where do you want to rent? In some cases (e.g. BSL, GVA) it's MUCH cheaper to rent on the French side
Zurich, as we are flying in Zurich then will drive to Italy's lake district. Round trip ZUR airport.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Zurich, as we are flying in Zurich then will drive to Italy's lake district. Round trip ZUR airport.
OK, then a few questions:
1. Have you tried changing websites? When renting in CH I've found that usually it's cheaper on the .ie website, or.co.uk. If pay at counter you can pay in the currency and thus avoid DCC
2. Do oyu have any corporate discount with your job, which can be used for personal travel?
3. Have you tried BAEC Gold or Silver?
4. If you have status, the LH Senator AWD is also good: E888804. Ditto Flying Blue Plat code F983000
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, then a few questions:
1. Have you tried changing websites? When renting in CH I've found that usually it's cheaper on the .ie website, or.co.uk. If pay at counter you can pay in the currency and thus avoid DCC.
2. Do oyu have any corporate discount with your job, which can be used for personal travel?
3. Have you tried BAEC Gold or Silver?
4. If you have status, the LH Senator AWD is also good: E888804. Ditto Flying Blue Plat code F983000
1. It defaults to US website once I logged in Avis Preferred. Will try to use other countries site but the residence probably would still need to be in US though... With Avis the card used in file has opted no currency conversion though 9 times out of 10, we still need to make sure it is billed in local currency.
We always opt for pay at the counter because our plan often changes, hence dont want to deal with cancellation / refund on pay at reservation, plus a penalty / fee may be involved.

But to our surprise once in FRA, even though the DCC clause was taken out (not shown on the final agreement and the agent made sure to show that to us), the bill was still billed in USD - to the dot of the same amount quoted on the reservation - which was not a DCC amount but regular market rate conversion. Euro was going up against USD between reservation and actual rental - yet our bill being in USD of the original market rate conversation made at the reservation time, actually saved us over $30 - that may be the only good experience coming out from the currency conversion!

2. and 3. Retired so are using the airlines / hotels codes. Hilton when it partnered with Avis, offered the best rates for rentals made in Europe. Unfortunately HH changed to partner with Hertz a few years ago.
Oddly the old code still works as not being rejected as invalid. Though it gives the same small discount as Visa Signature / BA Silver.

The Visa Signature discount is claimed to be 25% but it is not true. Only a tiny one, not even 10%.

4. Not elite on either program, hence it is risky to use the 2 codes.

Thanks for the suggestions though, especially on trying other countries sites. Will do that.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
What locations does one search for "the French side"?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:53 pm

Just use Mulhouse Aeroport.

Bit of a trip if you are going to be touring in CH, but it will be half the price than in BSL.

We park every time in France as it is half the price.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by rj123456
What locations does one search for "the French side"?
For BSL as mentioned upthread - Mulhouse airport or Basel Euroairport - French side (Avis code MLH)
For GVA use Geneva airport - French side or Geneve airport (Avis code GGV)

No risk using the frequent flyer Elite code if you're not a member: Avis will generally monitor company codes and ask for proof of employment for those, but are not generally bothered if you use the frequent flyer codes.
rj123456 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
For BSL as mentioned upthread - Mulhouse airport or Basel Euroairport - French side (Avis code MLH)
For GVA use Geneva airport - French side or Geneve airport (Avis code GGV)

No risk using the frequent flyer Elite code if you're not a member: Avis will generally monitor company codes and ask for proof of employment for those, but are not generally bothered if you use the frequent flyer codes.
​​​​​​That is an amazing tip! Just priced it our and it was about 45% less. Too bad there isn't another country next to Zurich airport for car rental purposes!
Happy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.