Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarNut
Has anyone tried using A153700- Avis Employee Rate? This was BY FAR the lowest rate I could find for 10 days in FLL Aug 26 - Sept 3. But I'm really nervous about using it in case they ask for some form of ID or proof.
Don't do it....This code has been discussed over and over again on this site. I believe that there has only been 1 person that say's he got away with it. The code requires a letter from your Avis Manager on Avis stationary, verifying that you are an Avis employee. I'd try almost any other code except this one. It's almost a guaranteed problem.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
There has been a lot of talk about AWD#B999000 and how it offers one of the lowest rentals at Avis. However, some have said it causes a lot of problems at the desk. Is this code for Avis Employees, or is it part of some benefit through another program. I know I have read that some FTers have referred the code to some Chairman's Club. I have heard people using the code to get the rate quote, but not being able to confirm their reservation because they are "not eligible" for the code at Avis' website. I was able to confirm it, but cancelled the reservation to avoid problems. Can anyone shed some more light on this code? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Europe Drop Charges

Are there any known AWDs that waive the drop charges in Europe?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:49 pm

P400000?

Anyone ever try P400000 - "Tourism Association"? It gives really good rates, better than Am Sports Assoc code....
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Originally Posted by dantana
Anyone ever try P400000 - "Tourism Association"? It gives really good rates, better than Am Sports Assoc code....
Yes, that AWD has been reported before. I believe our ozstamps reported it first. I've had inconsistent results with it as with all AWDs. I wish someone would clue us in as to the details of how the AWDs work.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kyle53719
There has been a lot of talk about AWD#B999000 and how it offers one of the lowest rentals at Avis.
Wow - that AWD number would save me $100 on a one day, one-way SUV rental

But -- do I risk it?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Doppy
Wow - that AWD number would save me $100 on a one day, one-way SUV rental

But -- do I risk it?
You can try and let me know if they harass you . I am under the impression that it might be an employee discount AWD, but not sure. I would love to use it, but would not like to gamble and pay a significantly higher rate.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kyle53719
There has been a lot of talk about AWD#B999000 and how it offers one of the lowest rentals at Avis. anyone shed some more light on this code? Thanks in advance!
This code has also been discussed over and over again. It is Chairman's club and I don't recall anyone ever saying they got away with using it. Most people report that the reservation cannot be confirmed in the final stages. If anyone ever get's away with using it, it would be nice to hear from them, but I doubt we ever will.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by bob1008
This code has also been discussed over and over again. It is Chairman's club and I don't recall anyone ever saying they got away with using it. Most people report that the reservation cannot be confirmed in the final stages. If anyone ever get's away with using it, it would be nice to hear from them, but I doubt we ever will.

Bob1008, what is the Chairman's Club? The discount coincides, and sometimes even beats, the Avis Employee Discount. I was able to book it, but cancelled the reservation for fear of being questioned at the desk. I have Citi's Chairman Card, but I don't think this is a benefit of my card membership.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:34 am

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
QF Double Upgrade

The double upgrade through Qantas is back.

Originally Posted by Qantas.com.au
Big Avis deal for Qantas Frequent Flyers

Rent a Group A (Hyundai Getz or similar) from any Avis location Australia wide for 7 consecutive days from $39* per day, including unlimited kilometres in metropolitan areas.^
Plus exclusively for Frequent Flyers, make an advance reservation for rental from select Avis South Australia or South East Queensland locations and receive a single car upgrade.~

Valid for bookings and rentals commenced between 1 July and 30 September 2005.

For upgrade, once you have booked online call and quote coupon number 'UPAA024'

* Includes daily time and kilometre charge, vehicle registration fee, stamp duty and GST on these items.
^ Unlimited kilometres included in metropolitan areas. 200 kilometres free per day included in country areas and 100 kilometres free per day included in remote areas. Excess kilometres charged at 27.5c per kilometre.
Offer does not include taxes, surcharges, airport concession recovery (if applicable), additional driver fee, optional insurance/coverage and refuelling fees, nor GST on these charges. Offer is subject to vehicle availability. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounted rate or promotion. Avis age, driver and credit requirements apply.
~ Upgrade up to a maximum Group E (Holden Commodore or similar) vehicle. Only valid at the following Avis locations: Brisbane Airport, Fortitude Valley, Albert Street, Coolangatta Airport, Maroochydore Airport and downtown, Noosa, Surfers Paradise, Adelaide Airport and Downtown and Hindmarsh. Upgrade subject to vehicle availability at time of rental. An advance reservation is required with a request for upgrade.
Only Qantas Frequent Flyer Members can earn points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee applies. To be sure of earning your Qantas Frequent Flyer points, always remember to quote your membership number when making a booking and at pick up. Points are earned per dollar spent on time and kilometre charges, excluding GST, insurance and miscellaneous.
Destination and Passenger Enquiries: You should enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. Qantas makes no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
on-line coupons?

As I live outside of the US I do not have access to paper coupons. Does anyone know of a source of on-line coupons, particularly a free week-end day coupon for Avis in Canada during October? Or if you happen to have an extra paper coupon you could spare, please let me know. Thank you.

[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2005, 3:13 am

Someone tried it the other day with me.
they have a decent code that no one checks on.

Originally Posted by bob1008
Don't do it....This code has been discussed over and over again on this site. I believe that there has only been 1 person that say's he got away with it. The code requires a letter from your Avis Manager on Avis stationary, verifying that you are an Avis employee. I'd try almost any other code except this one. It's almost a guaranteed problem.

Last edited by ezmonee; Mar 2, 2006 at 1:00 am
Old Jul 13, 2005, 3:35 am

I do not know how the awd's work specifically, but from my understanding is they are useless.

Originally Posted by Warrenlm
Yes, that AWD has been reported before. I believe our ozstamps reported it first. I've had inconsistent results with it as with all AWDs. I wish someone would clue us in as to the details of how the AWDs work.

Last edited by ezmonee; Mar 2, 2006 at 1:00 am
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:44 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
ezmonee-
Thanks for the very informative posts!! ^
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:40 am

Programs: AS,AC
The A074800 series suggested only gave about 10% on some vehicles for me in Vegas.
Has anyone EVER come up with a code that gives ANY kind of online discount in Puerto Vallarta? AA used to but not anymore. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.