Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:42 pm

first time ever

For the first time I'm getting a better rate with Orbitz than with any of the codes here. For 2 days at SJC.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 5:05 pm

Smile Seems too easy!

Originally Posted by Ex Amex Card
Use D005297 and Country of residence "Estonia" and you get 50-60% discount.

I've done it and had no problems.
I tried booking a car in western europe via the internet using the code & stating I'm a USA resident. The rate quoted is the best I've found so far, beating AAA & AARP rates.

If I am able to complete the booking, is there any way Avis can refuse to rent to me using the D005297 code when I show up at the airport in europe?
Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:06 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
is there any way Avis can refuse to rent to me using the D005297 code when I show up at the airport in europe?
I doubt that they would refuse to rent to you in the unlikely event that they don't accept the code, all they would do is charge you the full rate.

I have never had a problem and I have never heard of anyone having a problem with D005297.

Enjoy your trip! ^
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:00 am

Awd D005291

Out of curiosity, I called Avis and asked CSR where this one came from, she stated "meetings with American Airlines". It is good for 40% discount (at least with my Swiss rental).
Old Apr 22, 2005, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cande
Has anyone used this code? If so, did you get a rate that included unlimited mileage, or did you have to pay X_cents per mile?

Thanks
I used this code last week on my rental from Manhattan. It includes unlimited miles.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:54 pm

$14.99/day at Avis with no discount code

Tried Bob1008's L093590 in Skagway, Alaska, and it worked fine, reducing the rate from $67 to $53.

But when I tried it on a weekend day in LA, it quoted something in the mid-$20's (smallest car), but when entering no AWD at all, I came up with $14.99, which seems to be the best rate on 7/23 among any major agency and probably the lowest I've ever paid for a rental day.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 9:15 am

Thumbs up This Code Worked Great for PHX in May - D496201

[it should be D496201 I've tried it in the system and it gives a slightly better price than the D005297 code.]

I just used this code for 2 car rentals in PHX in mid-May and it gave us significantly lower rates than just using our AAA. Of note, it worked fine with our AAA code. I reserved 2 SUV's (Chev. Trailblazer or similar) and these were cheaper than the Intermediate and Full Size cars. I could have gone even $20 lower than that by reserving the Intermediate SUV, but I've driven that Pontiac Vibe before and it "wasn't my cup-o-tea" Just flat out didn't like it, (no offense intended for the FT-er's that might be Vibe owners.

Thanks for the code! ^
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:24 pm

Programs: TUG
Discount code for Cancun/Playa Del Carmen

Does anyone know of a good code to use in Mexico?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 5:33 am
norodnik

just made a reservation with D005297 and it reduced the price from £156 to £116 which is pretty good.

Just out of interest, I checked the T&C's and it made no reference to using an AWD at all (whether valid or not). I also had a brief look at the website and all I found was some instruction saying to put in an AWD code if you have one (again, did not mention whether valid or not)

Where does it say about entitlement and proof or otherwise?

Will post back after May 10th as to whether I had any hassle with the above.

Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cande
Hey Bob,
I've been trying to use this code...it gives a great rate, but it doesn't include any miles. When you use this code, does it come up as unlimited miles or as no miles included?

Thanks for your help.
Always has unlimited miles. L093590 is still my alltime favorite for consistant low rates in the U.S.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Tried Bob1008's L093590 in Skagway, Alaska, and it worked fine, reducing the rate from $67 to $53.

But when I tried it on a weekend day in LA, it quoted something in the mid-$20's (smallest car), but when entering no AWD at all, I came up with $14.99, which seems to be the best rate on 7/23 among any major agency and probably the lowest I've ever paid for a rental day.
You may have the the "corporate rate" checked. Always select " check for lowest rate" , even when using an AWD #. Never select "corporate rate" if you want the lowest price.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by norodnik
Where does it say about entitlement and proof or otherwise?
It just works, don't worry about it.

Put down your country of residence as Estonia for an even bigger discount. ^
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:45 am

L093590 Revisited

Originally Posted by bob1008
You may have the the "corporate rate" checked. Always select " check for lowest rate" , even when using an AWD #. Never select "corporate rate" if you want the lowest price.
Thanks, Bob1008.

Here's what happens:

Indeed, without checking "corporate", but by adding the AWD, I now get a rate quote for LAX 7/23, smallest car, 1 day of $13.49. But then they add surcharges and tax of $3.52 and $1.40, respectively, for a total of $18.41.

But if I use no AWD, the rate is $14.99, with tax of $1.24, and NO SURCHARGE, for a total of $16.23.

Apparently the surcharges apply only in certain cases. Isn't this a little strange?
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Thanks, Bob1008.

Here's what happens:

Indeed, without checking "corporate", but by adding the AWD, I now get a rate quote for LAX 7/23, smallest car, 1 day of $13.49. But then they add surcharges and tax of $3.52 and $1.40, respectively, for a total of $18.41.

But if I use no AWD, the rate is $14.99, with tax of $1.24, and NO SURCHARGE, for a total of $16.23.

Apparently the surcharges apply only in certain cases. Isn't this a little strange?
I may be wrong on this one....but I've never seen an airport rental without the airport surcharges (which are always hefty). Perhaps LAX waives the airport surcharge for some reason..but I doubt it. I'd be really curious as to input from others that rent there often.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Rental In Malaysia

Hi!

Will be heading down to Malaysia in June. I have been checking out some of the rates and they seem to be more expensive than I would expect them to be. Tried using some of the AWD's, but nothing seem to have any big effect than without.. anyone out there with some good tips for getting better rates?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.