Impossible Mileage Scenarios

Old May 4, 2024, 3:06 pm
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It happens every time! Here is my last rent in RSW for 2 days (!) for going to the beach and back: odometer out - 1244, odometer in - 12615, miles driven - 11371 🤯
My luck that Im always on unlimited miles. Can not imagine which profit the location might get from doing that intentionally, so probably that a misprint, but it sounds terrible, that you did >11000 miles in 2 days.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Given everyones experience here seems to be a common thing. Makes me wonder why Avis doesnt just build in a simple prompt that asks the agent to confirm whether mileage is correct when it exceeds an absurd amount.

But I suppose theres no incentive to do so
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Id forgive Avis (they all suck) However Hertz might have had you arrested and thrown in jail
They just arent a shadow of the company they once were historically
I almost never rent cars now almost always using ride share.The liabilities are too great
and jail cells arent an option because I choose a hertz and might extend a rental
didnt Hertz have to pay out a huge lawsuit? I guess getting arrested gets you a payday 🤣
Old May 21, 2024, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Happened to me last week. Avis had the wrong out mileage (low by 15,000 miles), which, despite unlimited mileage in my rate, triggered some sort of pricing that overrode that, changing a $92 two-day reservation into $437. There was also a free upgrade (assigned to me automatically) from full size to minivan, which really confused the customer service rep when I called. After 20 minutes on the phone, I've been promised a refund within 2-5 business days. What I don't get is how their system would have let them input a low out mileage if the previous rentals surely had the correct mileage. You'd think there'd be an alert that pops up and prevents that.

Potentially related, the van had the fuel economy computer settings set to km and liters (but not odometer or speedometer), so possibly at one point someone entered km instead of miles, but the difference is still too great to explain that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.