Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible Mileage Scenarios

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 3:06 pm
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It happens every time! Here is my last rent in RSW for 2 days (!) for going to the beach and back: odometer out - 1244, odometer in - 12615, miles driven - 11371 🤯
My luck that I’m always on unlimited miles. Can not imagine which profit the location might get from doing that intentionally, so probably that a misprint, but it sounds terrible, that you did >11000 miles in 2 days.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Given everyone’s experience here seems to be a common thing. Makes me wonder why Avis doesn’t just build in a simple prompt that asks the agent to confirm whether mileage is correct when it exceeds an absurd amount.

But I suppose there’s no incentive to do so
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I’d forgive Avis (they all suck) However Hertz might have had you arrested and thrown in jail
They just aren’t a shadow of the company they once were historically
I almost never rent cars now almost always using ride share.The liabilities are too great
and jail cells aren’t an option because I choose a hertz and might extend a rental
didn’t Hertz have to pay out a huge lawsuit? I guess getting arrested gets you a payday 🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.