X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I honestly can't tell the difference between those images?

But from the receipt I can see the reg number has a 12 in it. So there you go.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
I honestly can't tell the difference between those images?
Not a car person are you then...?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
Not a car person are you then...?
Not modern cars. I know all sorts of intimate details about cars from the 60's and early 70's as well as some other eras. But since I began my frequent flying career over a decade ago I haven't had any need to own a car, nor care much about them. When I require a car, I just drive whatever Avis presents to me. It's always nicer to hire a quality car like the BMW, but I just received a Ford Focus at the Avis LYS and it gets me from point A to point B.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:04 pm

Just updating on my recent rental at LTN...I had booked a group H (large station wagon), but ended up downgrading to a group F because the Passat wagon they had assigned to us was missing the luggage cover and spare tyre! I ended up getting assigned a new model BMW 320d - what a great little car that is. Don't be alarmed if you get this car and it seems to "stall" on you...it took me a day to remember that the newer BMWs cut the engine when you put it in neutral in order to conserve fuel. All you need to do is put your foot back on the clutch and it will start up again.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Buster
Don't be alarmed if you get this car and it seems to "stall" on you...it took me a day to remember that the newer BMWs cut the engine when you put it in neutral in order to conserve fuel. All you need to do is put your foot back on the clutch and it will start up again.
Actually a lot of cars in Europe do that nowadays, especially the ones I rent from Avis. But there is usually an "ECO" button that you can turn off to get rid of this behavior. I didn't see that on the BMW 320d, but I'm sure there are a lot of technical features I missed on that car.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Just back from a very restorative trip to the Orkney Islands. Maybe not a common destination for FT'ers, but it's on the Avis map thanks to local franchisee, car dealer and petrol retailer WR Tullock. When picking up the car I asked for the best place to buy petrol, and was told with a smile "our garage."

Because Tullock's hold the Ford franchise for Orkney, their rental fleet is one of the only single manufacturer rental fleets I've ever seen: Ford Ka, Fiesta, Focus, C Max, Mondeo, S Max and Tourneo.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Anyone here had any experience with the latest shape 3 series from the Avis UK fleet?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Is it possible to use the Avis Preferred Free Upgrade voucher (emailed to the customer after the second rental) with a Select Series reservation?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
Is it possible to use the Avis Preferred Free Upgrade voucher (emailed to the customer after the second rental) with a Select Series reservation?
I very much doubt it.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:28 pm

I very much doubt it.
Thanks. It's no big deal; I'll be more than happy with the Audi I've already booked.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:35 am

This week I rented an Alfa Romeo Guilietta as a Select Series vehicle, and it was recorded as category E.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although not bookable yet, some new cars arriving on the select fleet (or returning...) in March, including the Merc A class, Audi A5, Audi A1, Peugeot RCZ, and the Peugeot 308CC.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:18 am

car rental

Orlando international, 12/03/13.
Rented a premium car. The assistant took over 20 minutes trying to persuade me to accept a Ford Edge or a Ford C-Max , neither of which I wanted. My Premium car was not available (surprise, surprise ! ). It would be ready in 20 minutes . It was! It was a Ford Taurus , not the expected Chrysler 300. Another 10 minutes explaining it WAS a Premium car. She gave me the paperwork , but not the keys. Keys were in the car. Car was in space row O/C. Rental garage was over the road 2nd. Floor. Found row L,M, N, P, Q, etc. No O! Waited another 15 minutes at the booth to be given keys and told the space was Q7. What a terrible service .
The Ford Taurus died on us 2 weeks later. It took Avis 5 hours to replace it.
Incidentally , why did I have to pay Avis to sort out their broken car. I didn't break it . It should have been their financial obligation to sort out their property.
The manager refunded the amount I owed fro the fuel option, cost of phones, and breakdown cover. The only bright point of the entire rental. Guess who won't be renting Avis again ?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thirdcornet
Orlando international, 12/03/13.
Welcome to Flyertalk thirdcornet!

Note that your post has nothing what so ever to do with the subject of this thread so you are unlikely to get many (if any replies to this).
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: FB Plat
Although not bookable yet, some new cars arriving on the select fleet (or returning...) in March, including the Merc A class, Audi A5, Audi A1, Peugeot RCZ, and the Peugeot 308CC.
I got an Audi A1 as a cat. C at Malaga airport end of march.
Was a bit disappointed I didn't get an upgarde to D and an A3 Sportback again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.