X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
Did you ask?
Yes. I always ask, but LHR find various ways to fob me off, such as giving me an auto Golf with SatNav once and claiming that because it was both an auto AND had SatNav that it was a double upgrade over the manual golf that I had reserved, or telling me that PC upgrades were on a case-by-case basis that required the approval of the branch manager and he wasn't available, and my favourite was when they charged me for an upgrade before (when I argued at the time of returning the vehicle it was claimed that the Presidents Club meant I was "allowed" to pay for a double upgrade rather than have to accept the original class - in the end I got the extra back in vouchers from the Avis Preferred email team).

This time around, I was told that PC upgrades were not mandatory and it was Christmas, but if I needed more seats they could swap me to a 7-seater Seat/VW free of charge...
Old Dec 25, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Did you pick up from T5 or normal depot?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
Did you pick up from T5 or normal depot?
On this occasion it was the T5 car park.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:57 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Inspired by IAHtraveler's thread, now a sticky in this forum, and the many contributions of frequent Avis renters across North America, this is the beginning of a similar, perhaps more modest, thread for the UK.

Some important notes, especially for North American renters:
  • Unlike in the US and Canada, the website of Avis UK continues to refer to car classes by both descriptor and letter. The full list of vehicle categories for the core fleet can be found here, Select Series can be found here, and Avis Prestige can be found here.
  • Although we have letter classes, they are not comparable with those in North America: a "class E" gets you a Chevrolet Impala in the USA and a Ford Focus here.
  • There is no vehicle category for any size of SUV in the UK: if you want one, you have to pony up for the Select or Prestige series and remember that we pay about $9 per gallon for regular unleaded...

We look forward to seeing you in the UK soon ^

Avis category: Small Cars

Avis category: Medium Cars

Avis category: Large Cars

Avis category: Select Series

All vehicles in the series are "guaranteed" make and model.

Avis category: Prestige

All vehicles in the series are "guaranteed" make and model.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Aston Martin DBS
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage Cabriolet

Audi A3 Cabriolet
Audi A5 2.0 Sportback
Audi A5 2.7 Sportback
Audi A5 Cabriolet
Audi A5 Coupe
Audi A8 SE Exec 3.0 TDI quattro
Audi Q5 4x4
Audi R8 V10
Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Audi TTS Coupe
Audi TTS Roadster

Bentley GTC

BMW 3 Series Touring
BMW 330d M Sport
BMW 5 Series
BMW 5 Series Touring
BMW X3 4x4
BMW X5 4x4

Ferrari 430 F1 Coupe
Ferrari 430 Spider
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari California

Jaguar XF
Jaguar XJ 5.0 V8
Jaguar XK R 5.0 Cabriolet
Jaguar XK R 5.0 Coupe

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder

Maserati Quattroporte S

Mercedes C Class Estate
Mercedes C Class Sport
Mercedes E Class Cabriolet
Mercedes E Class Coupe
Mercedes E Class Estate
Mercedes E Class Sport
Mercedes ML350 CDI 4x4
Mercedes S Class
Mercedes SL500
Mercedes Viano 8 Seats

Nissan GTR

Porsche 997 Turbo PDK (Gen 2)
Porsche Cayenne 4x4
Porsche Cayenne GTS 4x4

Range Rover Discovery 4 HSE 4x4
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 4X4
Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST 4x4
Range Rover Vogue 4x4

Toyota Prius Hybrid

Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTD
Volkswagen Golf R
Volkswagen Scirocco
Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4x4
Resurrecting this thread as have a few rentals this year (more upcoming, will consolidate at a certain point). All rented at various airports in the UK (EDI/LHR/LCY).

- 2021 Skoda Octavia (Group H)
- 2021 VW Golf TSI (Group P)
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz C200 Estate (Group K)
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz CLA 180 (Group K)

jamesbrownontheroad any chance we might be able to update the OP (or perhaps create an editable Wiki)?
williamdowell likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:42 am

I have a few rentals coming up and opted for Group C (although thinking I may now get something bigger!) - I asked if they had a list of cars in the group and they were happy to oblige. Hope this helps:CITROEN

C3
C3 AIRCROSS

CACTUS
DS3 CROSSBACK
NEW C4

FIAT

500L
FIAT 500L 1.4

FORD

FOCUS
ECOSPORT

PUMA

HONDA

CIVIC

HYUNDAI

KONA

NISSAN

JUKE

PEUGEOT

RENAULT

CAPTUR

SEAT

ARONA
LEON

SKODA

KAMIQ
SCALA

SUZUKI

SX4

VAUXHALL

ASTRA
CROSSLAND X

MOKKA
CROSSLAND

VOLKSWAGEN

T-ROC

MG

ZS

KIA

X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3
Correct AFAIK as of December 2022
Auto Enthusiast and DELee like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: BA
Heathrow T5 AVIS recently. Booked via BA

Booked - Large (Group J) - Hyundai Tucson or similar

Actual - Initially an MG HS, it was missing a parcel shelf, I requested one as was taking luggage around for a weekend, they said they would change the car. Ended up with a People Carrier (Group L) Skoda Kodiaq.

There were plenty of MG HS in the car park so assumed I would just get another one of those, couldn't see any Hyundai Tucson, so presuming this is now the default of that group now.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:04 pm

Long time lurker, (first-time poster) but signed up today to ask my question.

I'm coming back to England for a week in March, and am looking at renting via Avis from Heathrow (T3/4). I'm presidents club and would like to try to take advantage of the complimentary two-car class/group upgrade and ideally would like to get into a Compact Elite. I'm struggling to define what category would be 2 classes/groups below that category to take advantage of the upgrade. Does anyone know which one would work in this case?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:44 am

Picking up a Class N from LHR, what do they have in the fleet these days?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by B-HQC
Picking up a Class N from LHR, what do they have in the fleet these days?
Was given a newish (1,600 miles) Audi A6 40 TSI last month, nice car but fairly basic spec with no radar cruise. 12 months ago had a better specced but very tired Merc E220d, 27,000 miles, mismatched tyres and creaking trim.
Interested what the current group L auto people mover fleet is, picking one up just after Christmas. Last year was given GT spec Pug 5008 2.0 diesel which was great, although concerned now only tiny engines sold in the 5008.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:19 am

Interested what the current group L auto people mover fleet is, picking one up just after Christmas. Last year was given GT spec Pug 5008 2.0 diesel which was great, although concerned now only tiny engines sold in the 5008.
I had a Skoda Kodiaq as a Group L in January this year. It was a 1.5 litre Petrol with 150BHp and the 7 speed Automatic. For a car of that size the engine was fine.

Booked a J and they changed it due to an issue with the original car, see my post further up.

Last edited by The Ginge; Nov 15, 2023 at 1:50 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by The Ginge
I had a Skoda Kodiaq as a Group L in January this year. It was a 1.5 litre Petrol with 150BHp and the 7 speed Automatic. For a car of that size the engine was fine.

Booked a J and they changed it due to an issue with the original car, see my post further up.
Thanks, useful feedback. Do you recall the spec.? Anything SE L and above should have heated seats which will assist one of the passengers offset the chill of a British winter!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by CG283
Thanks, useful feedback. Do you recall the spec.? Anything SE L and above should have heated seats which will assist one of the passengers offset the chill of a British winter!
I didn't, but still had the number plate, so looked it up, was an SE. In any case I was driving it in as low as minus 4 to 5C as it was a cold weekend and it was warm enough inside. I don't recall if it had heated seats.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by The Ginge
I didn't, but still had the number plate, so looked it up, was an SE. In any case I was driving it in as low as minus 4 to 5C as it was a cold weekend and it was warm enough inside. I don't recall if it had heated seats.
Thanks for going to the trouble. Surprised it is a fairly entry level spec given the high spec and engine combination available in the Peugeot we had. I will report what we end up with next month.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 8:40 am

Avis T5 this month.

Booked Group E - Vauxhall Crossland or equiv.

Car received - Group E MG ZS 1.5 manual.

First time with a few rentals this year from AVIS in various places that I've got the group I've booked and not had an upgrade of some sort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.