X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 10:49 pm

Just double checking you realise that none of the rental companies have vehicles actuality at T3. You take the Avis shuttle bus to their main depot on the northern edge of the airport complex. There's such a variety on fleet it's very hard to predict what you'll be offered.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Indeed, but if you do want your car delivered to T3, and willing to pay a little more then Avis Prestige will do that for you, and you choose the exact car you want.

no idea what you paid for your rental, but Prestige could be considerably more expensive, or sometimes pretty small difference.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold...
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Just double checking you realise that none of the rental companies have vehicles actuality at T3. You take the Avis shuttle bus to their main depot on the northern edge of the airport complex. There's such a variety on fleet it's very hard to predict what you'll be offered.
I do realise that actually. I realise my post was misleading.

Noted on fleet. Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:58 am

Renting at LHR next week. I don't remember what class I have but app says "Standard - Automatic Transmission" and gives Peugeot 3008 as an example. FWIW, I'm Preferred Plus.

What can I expect to get for what I booked? What's a possible upgrade from that?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by herzmeh
Renting at LHR next week. I don't remember what class I have but app says "Standard - Automatic Transmission" and gives Peugeot 3008 as an example. FWIW, I'm Preferred Plus.

What can I expect to get for what I booked? What's a possible upgrade from that?
That's a group J and so the only upgrade from that would be to a Mercedes C class or similar.

While they do try and upgrade out of the normal rules (which means they do not have to upgrade in this case), I'm not sure how much luck you'll have as a Preferred Plus I'm afraid, but fingers crossed...

Otherwise, good chance it will be a Qashqai or a Tuscan.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:17 am

Getting a Group I out of STN in a couple of weeks time, example is a Golf automatic, any idea what I'll be likely to drive. :-)
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ScorpionDK
Getting a Group I out of STN in a couple of weeks time, example is a Golf automatic, any idea what I'll be likely to drive. :-)
Any statue with Avis?
ScorpionDK likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
Any statue with Avis?
Sorry, my bad.

Just regular Preferred. :-)
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Reserved a Group H (Passat estate or similar) for pick up at LHR on Saturday morning. Avis website says another option is Skoda Octavia Estate, which would be fine. Any other options seen for Group H in the Avis fleet?

Also, what is the upgrade route? Previously, with Enterprise we have unknowingly been downgraded (reserved VW T5, got a Zafira, reserved a Galaxy got a S-Max... but have been lucky with my hometown rental place happening to have the right vehicle in stock (VW T5 and Hyundai i800, respectively), but there is no Avis place in my parents' hometown, so want to make sure we get the appropriate vehicle this time from the airport...
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rallybug
Also, what is the upgrade route? Previously, with Enterprise we have unknowingly been downgraded (reserved VW T5, got a Zafira, reserved a Galaxy got a S-Max...
Technically those weren't downgrades as they are all seven seaters, and will often be found in the same rental category.

Re your question, what do you mean by upgrade route?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Technically those weren't downgrades as they are all seven seaters, and will often be found in the same rental category.

Re your question, what do you mean by upgrade route?
A 9-seater T5 to a Zafira isn't a downgrade? lol

If they don't have any Group H estate cars, what should I expect as a replacement? An MPV?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rallybug
A 9-seater T5 to a Zafira isn't a downgrade? lol

If they don't have any Group H estate cars, what should I expect as a replacement? An MPV?
Yeh, a 9 seater (if publishes as one) to a 7 seater is indeed a downgrade. In the case of the Galaxy and the S-Max it isn’t as they are both just categorized as 7 seaters (certainly with Avis UK they are).

Estate upgrade could be to an MOP or could be to an SUV I guess.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: too many
Yeh, a 9 seater (if publishes as one) to a 7 seater is indeed a downgrade. In the case of the Galaxy and the S-Max it isn’t as they are both just categorized as 7 seaters (certainly with Avis UK they are).

Estate upgrade could be to an MOP or could be to an SUV I guess.
Pas experience of booking an estate at LHR, (Insigna estate at the time), got upgraded to an A4 estate, argued my way in a CLA 220D at no extra cost :-)
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Reserved: Mercedes C class or similar
Collected: Mercedes C200 (1.5 hybrid petrol)

Collected Friday, returned Monday - I keep up my record of not getting upgrades at LHR! They didn't even put the SatNav SD card back in to the car.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackle
Reserved: Mercedes C class or similar
Collected: Mercedes C200 (1.5 hybrid petrol)

Collected Friday, returned Monday - I keep up my record of not getting upgrades at LHR! They didn't even put the SatNav SD card back in to the car.
I’ve never not been upgraded at LHR, although the higher the booking class the more chance they might not have anything to upgrade you into, and the C class is just one category below the highest (except they have had A5s around that for some reason aren’t pre bookable, and they tend to use them as in the spot paid upgrades (for some reason they considered them as upgrade from an E Class).

having said all that, I’ve never not been upgraded even from a C Class, and I know they showed as available to rent on Friday (happen to have picked up a car that day too).

Did you ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.